Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

Sol vs Venom

Hi everyone, dumping information from my previous thread! Names are put before information that was said

Dai:
2D vs Revolver is a guess but you can react to Bringer! And yeah that's a thing but the reward was generally low, but 2D floats higher this game, should be guaranteed a S Carcass, and from there...Outside of that, Blitz is the best answer to Bringer.

Against Revolver, the key is to IB it standing. That will let you get guaranteed punishes.

Venom in general has a hard time dealing with low profiles because they go under 2S. S Carcass is generally the best way to keep them in check. Grand Viper's risk vs reward isn't that good in this game, especially compared to AC/+R though, so you won't see it as much here generally unless he has meter or is being nutty.

(against Wild Throw)

Faultless defense will help push ticks away. Of course he can run back in, but you'll have more time to make reads for his command grab.

Backdashing and fuzzy jump OS are also effective. See here for the latter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t56ESScdR3M

VR-Raiden:
If Bandit Revolver connects later in the animation it's better on block, that can happen from far away and especially if you crouch block it. Then you also have a 3f normal to worry about after it. So you want to do something other than crouch block it from a distance if possible, otherwise he gets more pressure.

Dai:
IB revolver helps a lot too

SnowMonkeyFunky:
Shoutouts to accidentally discovering tech in a tournament match. I haven't had a chance to test its consistency, but reacting to a Bringer in the corner with jump back IB at the right timing should guarantee a throw on landing. Basically you want to trigger the active frames as early as possible and still have time to land and throw while Sol is in recovery. Your overall aerial arc from the block should look something like a KOF short hop.

Edit: after some testing I can confirm that this does work consistently in the corner. It can even work midscreen if you jump forward then IB. Depending on height you may get a ground or an airthrow so be prepared to react to whatever you happen to get.