Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Matchups

I don't think Eddie is the worst. He can't close the distance as easily as Chipp/Millia can. If I'm not wrong japanese people consider this match up as 5/5 or 4.5/5.5 in Eddie's favor. And I agree with that(even if I can't manage to win against him XD) Indeed, once he gets near you it's over. But until that there's a lot of items and your long pokes, as long as you aren't hit by drills or mE's Nobiru(long and quick-as-hell snake that comes out of nowhere, and the best AA in the game probably x.x) In the air keep poking as always. Besides mE's Nobiru, he has few good AA. At the ground don't let him start getting near you. And he won't use mE far from you(at least that's how the Eddie-players that I know play). Until there he'll spam drills and jump to close the distance. Once he gets near you FD to get farther, and try your luck against his mix ups. Killing mE as fast as you can help, but you'll still get damage(knock down unfortunately)

yes he can, motherfucker can fly. I don't give a fuck what the japs call it the matchup is fucking bad. with chipp and millia you at least out weigh them in damage and can have some type of breathing room. Eddie....ha ha not a damn chance Items aren't gonna keep him out forever, you miss 1 fdc HS then your done. 2HS better connect at least on block or your eating a drill then you can say goodbye far slash and 2p gets beat by his 2s for a counter-hit into a drill so long range pokes suck and scalpel pull gets raped by any drills he throws up. jk, j2k, and jD all get beaten by his 2HS(Shark!!) leading you into more crap you can't Fd him away if he does his strings properly, i can block but I'm sorry everyone gets hit by something especially when he has 4-5 different un-blockables. Faust's jump also sucks (4frames) so jumping or back-dashing out of pressure won't happen unless the eddie is a damn scrub. yeah it is def not as easy as you say it is

Once you've learned his guardstrings, you can IB them and use a 5D to dodge the next move. It's flashy and it works really well if they try to throw out stuff like the 6K to mix you up. I know it's risky, but it's good damage, and he'll eventually get you in the triple unblockable, so it's worth it. I really don't count Eddie, because he beats everyone :psyduck: Chipp and Millia are really hard fights.They're fast, and they can stay in your face forever. May does so much damage, and your hitbox is hueg, so it's going to be pretty tough. I don't play against Anji that much, but how exactly is he one of your toughest fights?

Anji's good matchup's in the game are few.. the only 2 he has in his favor are Po and Faust i can't really go into detail about Po but Faust i can Anji beats you with his movement, his invincibility to pokes and pressure his HS fujiin goes through any of your normal pokes leading into a counter-hit(2Hs,Scalpel pull,6hs,fdc hs) if he has tension these counter hits lead into very decent and sometimes powerful damage on top of that most of these lead into knockdown which is already not going well for Faust since his options are very limited on wake-up and he can basically(if he's good) pressure you into the corner and wait till you fuck up. His arial moves beat your's so don't try and contest them unless you want him to continue his pressure. his jumping is great so he'll use that to battle you in the air and get to you on the ground. i ran into this problem known as anji a few months ago when i was in maryland playing Kenji. The only way i could get him off me was slashback, because his pressure would not let me move. Even after that it was still a nightmare. NerdJosh should know what I'm talking about cause i think he played Kenji at NEC or something the way to neutralize these disadvantages would be to Pressure: 1) FD him away and try to sneak in a Low poke, everything mid-high you have is going to get raped so don't try it 2) Slashback and grab, try to get used to his pressure strings but don't try to whore this out too much since he can bait the slashback and your open for about 5-6 frames Zoning: 1)ITEMS ITEMS ITEMS ITEMS!! these are the only things that keep him from coming in and having a field day on your ass, keep him out and if he wants to try some shit from the air use 6p or 5k and hope you don't get and exchange 2) Poke LOW!! if he's coming from the ground doing a HS Fujiin time a 2k so he get's hit by the low and can't do that auto-gaurd counter into wall stick, that sucks and 2p is nice. wakeup: I don't suggest anything but 2k and fdc jk

Anji isn't going to HS fuujin through your 6hs unless he's extremely ballsy, otherwise, I agree 100% and yes, his Super Jump is rediculous, so he'll probably try to close in on you with it.

I haven't played an anji in a while but I do know the matchup pretty well. I barely lost to kenji making me rethink the matchup though, he has some nice shenanigans mad props to kenji. I just woke up and i'm hella hungover though so I'll post more later but 5k is a very good friend in this matchup, for guard strings I like to 5p/2p alot to see how they want to counter and i always link to 2d for a jump cancel fdc, hold the fd for just a sec though to be sure about those counters. I had some bag shenanigan baits but I forgot what they are... it's been a while. I still don't have a stick so I can't really training mode right now... but less writey more water. I'll be back to write alot more than this haha.

This question kinda applies to both Anji and Dizzy, since it has to do with poking. Anji's got a similar tool with HS Fujin, only maybe even more annoying because its startup invulnerability allows him to pick me out of my ground pokes. At a range that normally I should be controlling, he gets brash and starts walking in, knowing that being slow/guessing wrong vs. far 5S isn't much of a price to pay compared to guessing right vs. far 5S. 2H gives me a much bigger return on a CH, but it's still vulnerable to Fujin and is even worse if Anji chooses to IAD. There's got to be a better way through than this midrange guessing game that seems to be tilted against me.

I moved your Original write-up into the Dizzy Section(and replied to it!)so here's the reply to anji Anji's ability to stuff your long range pokes is a serious problem, hence why Faust is one of the better match-ups for Anji. He comes from the Ground 2p is your Poke, it stops the continuation of Fujin if they delay it a bit and makes his Gaurd Cancel attacks useless. you can also use 2k for a poke also, But make sure you time it so the last hit is what does the damage since it's a Low, This is also a good option since it also covers as an Anti-air if Anji wants to dash in. i'll go more in-depth with this later on in the Anji guide hope it helps :)

A friend who plays anji sent me this in my pm cuz i was having trouble a little against anji and it did really help me understand as well as up my game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEAXJVdQxB0

This is how RF managed against ANG.Though ANG isn't the best of the Anji players,he's still has remarkable technical execution.

0:10- See what I mean about jumping in on Anji recklessly?

0:15- See how RF just pokes ANG out of Fuujin stance?

0:20- Another well placed 2P.

0:30- Here's the S extension punish I talked about.It's only if he immediately uses it though.

0:44- The 2K AA on the super jump in.

0:50- Again.2K AA.

0:57- 2P really owns Anji.

RF just defended his territory until he got a knockdown.And even then,he hardly approached Anji at all.Defend your own space.Make Anji take the heavier risks against you.And USE THAT 2P

Hey guys. Any tips on fighting Baiken? My brother used to play a lot and now he's getting back into. Sadly, his Baiken has been crushing me. I read the Zinac's post on the first page, and I've scoured this thread for more info, but I don't see much for Baiken other than staying as far away as possible or at least 5.S away. Any thing behind that you guys know who fight her more often? It seems that I have to stick to very simple tactics. It's sad because I learned all these nice BNB combos and aerial combos that I don't even get to use. Lol.

Hey guys.

Any tips on fighting Baiken? My brother used to play a lot and now he's getting back into. Sadly, his Baiken has been crushing me. I read the Zinac's post on the first page, and I've scoured this thread for more info, but I don't see much for Baiken other than staying as far away as possible or at least 5.S away.

Any thing behind that you guys know who fight her more often? It seems that I have to stick to very simple tactics. It's sad because I learned all these nice BNB combos and aerial combos that I don't even get to use. Lol.

I wrote that guide nearly 2 years ago when the game just came out. You're going to have to give us more info on what you're having trouble with from Baiken specifically in order for us to give you advice. Is it her alpha counters? Are you just being pressured to death? Anytime you're close enough to poke Baiken you should be comboing into a knockdown or B&B.

Okay, well I just got done playing with my brother some more. I really wish I had a way to record my matches, so I could post them here. I'd also like to play a Baiken that could help me learn the match-up. My brother can't really explain how to fight Baiken or what he's doing. Eh~ This round of matches I won 9 out of 19, so that's not too good considering I had a 7 win streak posted last time. I can't stuff her grapple at all. I'm usually too far away so I whiff, and then he gets the grapple, which is brutal. In the corner, I can't get stuck because he repeats the grapple and throws tatami mats so I can't jump out. I can't seem to get in a poke. However, I have gotten my BNB down a lot better, and I pulled off some good combos. I can do a good dust combo now that won the match for me a few times. I sometimes mess up my combos midway, but that just requires more practice. I tend to get hit by the counters a lot. I keep trying to do pressure stings, which is a big no-no. If I catch myself before it's too late, I rush in and do mettakiri (sp?). I can barely get off an aerial grab: Baiken beats out Faust in the air, always. 6P can sometimes pull through for me. I need to learn the faultless defense canceling HS to keep her away. I know it doesn't work if she is moving in too. Another one of my biggest issues is blocking. I'm just terrible at it, well decent, but not good enough. All my brother does is throw the chain and pull you and then either do a sweep or a dust, but I can not block it, and it's so frustrating because it's a very simple mix-up. [rant] I guess I don't like losing too my brother who doesn't seem like he's put nearly as much into it, and he still beats me, but that's a personal issue. [end rant]

Grapple? Do you mean the claw chain?

If he whore's it out to get you in, duck it (3) and time a far slash immediately after.

Tatami Mats are very dangerous on counter hit so be careful when doing this but if he likes to just Instant air dash in and throw them out, use 5k or run up and 6p. You could also jump into them and instant block. then try to double jump outta pressure.

Also if he seems to pressure you alot in the corner use FD to push him back. Besides Baiken's chain her range on the ground is pretty shitty so this gives you a chance to escape and begin your zoning. This match-up isn't that easy for Faust but it can be won, just gotta know what your doing and throw the right shit out.

Here's a vid to show you how to duck that dumb chain: RF(fa) vs Maruken(Ba) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX1z38WsI5s

Grapple? Do you mean the claw chain?

If he whore's it out to get you in, duck it (3) and time a far slash immediately after.

Tatami Mats are very dangerous on counter hit so be careful when doing this but if he likes to just Instant air dash in and throw them out, use 5k or run up and 6p. You could also jump into them and instant block. then try to double jump outta pressure.

Also if he seems to pressure you alot in the corner use FD to push him back. Besides Baiken's chain her range on the ground is pretty shitty so this gives you a chance to escape and begin your zoning. This match-up isn't that easy for Faust but it can be won, just gotta know what your doing and throw the right shit out.

Here's a vid to show you how to duck that dumb chain: RF(fa) vs Maruken(Ba) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX1z38WsI5s

Thank you!

Yes, I meant chain that pulls you in. I usually run in and instant block the mats if I can predict it. I'll have to try 5k and 6p.

I knew you could crawl (3) under the chain, but I haven't tried it much. Do it and then follow with a f.S and item throw. Plus, I completely forgot that FD pushes them back. Thanks!

I'll probably play him again tonight, so I'll see how it goes. I'll watch the video when I get home.

Hey guys, I'm going to be playing in tournament in about a week and there's a good chance I'll be fighting against a good Axl player. I have never fought against an Axl before, are there any general tactics I could apply or be aware of to increase my chances?

I suggest updating the match up section by some of the notes from this thread...

but really guys..help me against Eddie... any of the changes from AC to R+ would help me ?? if there wasn't.. any tips even from vanilla (beside what posted ) is okay..

Sign in to follow this