Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.keeponrock.in

Faust vs I-No

excerpt from: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s646/sh/00c02b08-35b7-4004-8d8e-540ceb811013/f1870df552e47f650afae0d5b5592715

Faust - Not as impossible as it once was throughout the XX series, this matchup is still slightly low on the WTF scale nonetheless. Faust’s ability to disrespect is simply too great, and his ridiculous crouching hitbox makes some mixups unusable against him. You must safe jump against him always, and air throw attempts need to be weighed heavily against his options such as j.2K, FDC, and j.H. Find a way to knock him down and run Oki into the ground. Resources are of no importance in this match, just take it one round at a time. 6P & 5K will own you if you are not patient or approach without the cover of note. 

However, 6P & STBT work well against f.S, and Scalpel Pull. Snipe item throw on reaction with HCL (watch out for hammer) and you will find yourself with Faust on his back more often than not. Take full advantage and use all of your treasure mixups with full prejudice.

Rating: (4-6)

Credits: @mynus

Yesterday I was playing @Aginor in this match up and I found it hilarious and possibly useful to 5K notes that are aimed at catching Faust jumping. If I-no decides to shoot notes at you, I don't think it's a bad idea to just stay there and dodge/detonate them away from you, because she won't be able to gain any position advantage (just a tiny tiny bit of damage) and you'll be able to find many opportunities to throw items.

I would say STBT Raw in this matchup is a nono. If I-No tries to STBT you can punish reliably on reaction with backdash f.S into item. 

As with most matchups with Faust you want to keep her in the mid ground, or in the corner. She can't do much to 2K on KD unless she has meter. 

Try not to let her get too much space by using Notes and Chemical Love. As Mynus said that allows her to snipe item throws, you're going to have to confirm most of them and I don't feel f.S is really reliable to confirm item throw because she can Chemical Love within that range.