Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

Johnny General Discussion

Hey guys I have been having some trouble with the timing on the Mist Stance Dash Treasure Hunter. I get it every now and then but it's been trouble doing it on pad. I tried doing 63214[K]66[P], but I either get the dash alone or the super without the dash. Are their any other tips that have been helping you guys out? I'v gotten most of Johnny's other optimal combos down packed including the LV 3 throw jump loop Karinchu does so adding Mist Stance Treasure Hunter would greatly improve my game. Thanks guys!

Hey is it possible for someone to give me the notations for the lvl 3 mist finer cancel loops in the corner after a grab? 

And can anyone give me some lvl 3 mist finer combos in the corner ? 

Thanks in advance :) 

3 hours ago, iCauseKarma said:

Hey guys I have been having some trouble with the timing on the Mist Stance Dash Treasure Hunter. I get it every now and then but it's been trouble doing it on pad. I tried doing 63214[K]66[P], but I either get the dash alone or the super without the dash. Are their any other tips that have been helping you guys out? I'v gotten most of Johnny's other optimal combos down packed including the LV 3 throw jump loop Karinchu does so adding Mist Stance Treasure Hunter would greatly improve my game. Thanks guys!

As mentioned on the wiki ( http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R/Johnny/Combos#How_To_Do_Mist_Stance_Dash_Treasure_Hunt ), the main thing for Dash Treasure Hunt consistency is delaying the buffer on the input. It's better to do it very late so that it drops from the previous hit, and then improve your timing from there. If you're talking about just raw dash TH, rather than from something like 6H, just do it faster. Chances are you're just doing it too slowly. 

24 minutes ago, Nov Ganon said:

Hey is it possible for someone to give me the notations for the lvl 3 mist finer cancel loops in the corner after a grab? 

And can anyone give me some lvl 3 mist finer combos in the corner ? 

Thanks in advance :) 

They've been added to the Combo section of the wiki

Update to the Valiant Dust Combos

Been working on this dust corner combo for Johnny, you need lvl 2 to pull it off. 

From slightly past mid screen or corner:

5D>6>5HS>5HS>2HS>MC>J.D (land) J.D >MC>J.S> (jc)> J.D> J.D> Zweihander. 

Sol: 164 Damage

Ky: 164 Damage (can't otg with 2.k > coin to get LVL>3 MF)

Ram: 172 Damage

Elphelt: 166 Damage

Sin: 170 Damage

Chipp: 211 Damage

Millia: 198 Damage

I-NO: 172 Damage

Slayer: 156 Damage

Faust: 190 Damage (Requires an entirely different combo, 5.D>6>6HS>2.K>6HS>MC>5K>f.S>6HS>LVL2 MID>Dash x 1>6HS>Coin>LVL2 HIGH>Dash x 1>Jump>j.K>j.S>j.D>Zweihander

Bedman: 151 Damage

Jack-O: 166 Damage

Jam: 164 Damage (Do only one j.D before Zweihander to end the combo)

Venom: 166 Damage

Axl: 172 Damage

May: 172 Damage

Zato 1: 177 Damage

Potemkin: 169 Damage (Requires the same route as Faust)

Leo: 194 Damage (Same route as Pot and Faust with some small changes, 5.D>6>6HS>2.K>6HS>MC>f.s>6HS>LVL2 MID> Dash x 1>6HS>Coin>LVL2 HIGH>j.K>j.D>Zweihander) (Can't otg 2.k>coin at end of combo)

In some of Karnichu's blockstrings, I notice he does 2H and then immediately goes into j.K. How does that work? I can't seem to get Johnny to go into any air move after 2H.

I finally got my hands on the demo yesterday and I have fallen in love with this character, he's is so much freaking fun, but this execution is killing me. I have a brand new respect for Karinchu now I've tried him myself. 

On 4/21/2016 at 8:36 AM, ivanchu77 said:

GGXrdR 4/20/16 - Karinchu (Johnny) Matches

VS

Axl, JUN (Millia), Gaku (Sin), Chappu (Chipp), Ain (Ky)

Can someone explain how guys like Karinchu and others are able to get so godike in this game without training mode in a home console release? How does he get those amazing setups? His ability to improvise combos is also awe-inspiring. And all on an arcade. Amazing.

26 minutes ago, Killerwatt said:

Can someone explain how guys like Karinchu and others are able to get so godike in this game without training mode in a home console release? How does he get those amazing setups? His ability to improvise combos is also awe-inspiring. And all on an arcade. Amazing.

Arcade also has a training mode, it's just time limited like any other mode is.

Yeah, trust me, they training mode, hahaha.

That set Killerwatt posted is very insightful. His play VS Sin and Chipp were both very interesting.

Also vs AXL, since I had heard it might be tough for Axl since LV2 can punish Rensen on block, it was interesting to see when and how that actually played a factor (IIRC Karinchu only got the punish once, but you could tell when he was thinking about it). Also 5K to deal with sparrowhawk haha.

Just wanted to post this a little combo off of yrc  zweihander. I havent tested on other characters yet. Just to put it out there i am a new johnny player learning as i go. Any advice would be appreciated 

On 4/21/2016 at 8:36 AM, ivanchu77 said:

GGXrdR 4/20/16 - Karinchu (Johnny) Matches

VS

Axl, JUN (Millia), Gaku (Sin), Chappu (Chipp), Ain (Ky)

*sigh*

Has anyone been able to get the Millia combo at 7:02 to work? 

6 minutes ago, SynikaL said:

*sigh*

I've been at it for days and I can't get most of these combos I'm seeing to work, especially the throw comobs on Chipp that he does. Most times for me the dummy is able to tech out before I can land the High MF lvl2.

Well, that's discouraging. 

I'm having the same issue. 

1 hour ago, SynikaL said:

*sigh*

What part of the Millia combo isn't working for you? If the Zwei isn't landing at the end you probably just need to adjust when you jump out of the dash.

1 hour ago, Killerwatt said:

I've been at it for days and I can't get most of these combos I'm seeing to work, especially the throw comobs on Chipp that he does. Most times for me the dummy is able to tech out before I can land the High MF lvl2.

The Chipp throw combo is difficult. Make sure you are doing Throw>Coin>Dash jump cancel j.D>air High MF lvl2. If you just do j.D>Air High MF lvl2 then most of the time the Mist finer will miss and even if it connects Chipp will be too low on the bounce back and the coin will just OTG Chipp. The rest is just timing the coin, dash, coin, 5P Zwei. But I find I hit the first coin too early and then Chipp is too high for after the second coin to land 5P Zwei.

1 hour ago, Red Star said:

What part of the Millia combo isn't working for you? If the Zwei isn't landing at the end you probably just need to adjust when you jump out of the dash.

The Chipp throw combo is difficult. Make sure you are doing Throw>Coin>Dash jump cancel j.D>air High MF lvl2. If you just do j.D>Air High MF lvl2 then most of the time the Mist finer will miss and even if it connects Chipp will be too low on the bounce back and the coin will just OTG Chipp. The rest is just timing the coin, dash, coin, 5P Zwei. But I find I hit the first coin too early and then Chipp is too high for after the second coin to land 5P Zwei.

Could you do me a favor and just type out the notation for the combo? I'm thinking I may have just notated it incorrectly. 

Anyone got any tips on LvL 2/3 MC Air Dash? It's just inconsistent for me and I can tell what's causing me to drop it. j.k/j.p isn't an issue but the AD seems random.

1 hour ago, SynikaL said:

Could you do me a favor and just type out the notation for the combo? I'm thinking I may have just notated it incorrectly. 

Anyone got any tips on LvL 2/3 MC Air Dash? It's just inconsistent for me and I can tell what's causing me to drop it. j.k/j.p isn't an issue but the AD seems random.

CH 6K>delay>c.S>Coin>5P>High MF lvl 2>Coin>Dash Jump>j.P>j.K>j.S>dj.K>j.S>j.D>Zwei. Depending on screen position I found doing j.K after the dash jump to be more reliable as j.P puts her too high. if it looks like she is too high then I  go dj.K>j.D>Zwei. Seems like it work everywhere except Millia in the corner, but there are better combos there anyways.

And I liked brett's advice on airdash after mist cancel. It has worked the best for me

On 4/6/2016 at 3:22 AM, brett_ said:

At LV2, 2H > AMC > Airdash is mainly dependant on your height. You need to make sure you're mist cancelling when he's at the apex, any lower and you just simply can't airdash. The method I recommend that has helped me get consistent with it is to input the first 6 of the airdash at the same, or slightly later timing than the H you press for your mist cancel. So, 2H > 214[P/K/S] > 6+H > 6

3 hours ago, Kymaera K1ng said:

How does the mist level work exactly? I don't understand this...

If coin hits mist finer goes up a lvl. Level3 is max. The damage properties(lvl2&up wallbounce)and range change depending apon the level also gives mist cancel more frame advantage.

On 4/26/2016 at 8:11 PM, Kymaera K1ng said:

How does the mist level work exactly? I don't understand this...

you can also combo coin into mistfiner as well. It takes time to get used to. 

I have been trying to do the midscreen combo from starting position into level 2 high mist finer, coin, dash jump air combo (jpks djksd zweihander). This is on Sol. Sometimes the zweihander hits twice which prevents the hard knockdown but sometimes it works correctly and only hits once. What determines if the move hits twice. Does that mean I am too close? What can I change in the combo to make sure that it only hits once