Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

Johnny General Discussion

8 minutes ago, Kurantar said:

I have been trying to do the midscreen combo from starting position into level 2 high mist finer, coin, dash jump air combo (jpks djksd zweihander). This is on Sol. Sometimes the zweihander hits twice which prevents the hard knockdown but sometimes it works correctly and only hits once. What determines if the move hits twice. Does that mean I am too close? What can I change in the combo to make sure that it only hits once

So, the dustloop wiki has some explanation of the zweihander ender on it.

The tldr is adjust height by changing your air string

So should I be trying to get them higher or lower if Zweihander is hitting twice? I don't see anything in the wiki about what determines how many times Zweihander hits.

Hello everyone Question, Johnnys MF cancel lvls. Can someone explain to whats advantage on block on all lvls. I saw it in dustloop wiki i couldn't understand it. Please and thank

On 5/5/2016 at 10:28 AM, Kurantar said:

So should I be trying to get them higher or lower if Zweihander is hitting twice? I don't see anything in the wiki about what determines how many times Zweihander hits.

If it's hitting twice, place opponent higher, typically done with j.P.

20 minutes ago, MarshallLawKOF said:

Hello everyone Question, Johnnys MF cancel lvls. Can someone explain to whats advantage on block on all lvls. I saw it in dustloop wiki i couldn't understand it. Please and thank

The table on the wiki shows the advantage on block given the move you're mist cancelling from and what level your mist finer is at.

Edit: The chart displaying the MC frame advantages is also known as a "table"

Negative numbers means Johnny is at a frame disadvantage after MC-ing the the listed move(s). Positive numbers mean Johnny is at a frame advantage after MC-ing the listed move(s). 

The numbers shown in the table directly correlate to the number of frames Johnny is either at an advantage or disadvantage.  

-3 = 3 frame disadvantage. +3 = 3 frame advantage.

What is the purpose of going for the Air Combo>Zweikasu ender rather than just using JS>JH for hard knockdown? It only seems to give slightly more damage and about the same frame advantage on knockdown. Trying to figure out if its worth it for me to figure out character specific ways to end in Zweikasu from Midscreen Level 2 Low Mist Finer combos, or just save them for the Level 2 Mid corner combos.

Hi guys i have a question: from Matchvideos (Karinchu-Files) i often see something like f.5S/6HS, 623K~K YRC, how exactly does it work? Most of the time i get the YRC (or even RC, but I guess im too slow at that point) but Johnny pops up and flies away, rather than land in front of the opponent. I even try to delay it as close to the opponent as possible, but still no sucsess. Any tips?

Example:

623K~K Example

On 5/9/2016 at 6:13 AM, Kurantar said:

What is the purpose of going for the Air Combo>Zweikasu ender rather than just using JS>JH for hard knockdown? It only seems to give slightly more damage and about the same frame advantage on knockdown. Trying to figure out if its worth it for me to figure out character specific ways to end in Zweikasu from Midscreen Level 2 Low Mist Finer combos, or just save them for the Level 2 Mid corner combos.

the j.S > j.H KD has to be done kind of early due to height, so the main benefit of midscreen Zweihander KD is CORNER CARRY. In conjunction with dash jumps, you can often get enough corner carry to get to the corner and zwei, thus setting up a solid unblockable setup. It is much harder to achieve this using j.SH knockdown.

4 hours ago, Dracula said:

Hi guys i have a question: from Matchvideos (Karinchu-Files) i often see something like f.5S/6HS, 623K~K YRC, how exactly does it work? Most of the time i get the YRC (or even RC, but I guess im too slow at that point) but Johnny pops up and flies away, rather than land in front of the opponent. I even try to delay it as close to the opponent as possible, but still no sucsess. Any tips?

Example:

623K~K Example

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R/Johnny#Special_Moves

You just need to YRC faster, basically.

On 11.5.2016 at 3:39 AM, brett_ said:

the j.S > j.H KD has to be done kind of early due to height, so the main benefit of midscreen Zweihander KD is CORNER CARRY. In conjunction with dash jumps, you can often get enough corner carry to get to the corner and zwei, thus setting up a solid unblockable setup. It is much harder to achieve this using j.SH knockdown.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R/Johnny#Special_Moves

You just need to YRC faster, basically.

Thanks! Still pretty hard to do, have to figure out how input it. Trying to [K]~PSHS it, but the input is kinda akward (K~KSHS seems to slow, at least in my hands)

Edit: Okay i know the timing now (somehow). The input is [K]~[P+S+HS], you pretty much input it as one input and try to press the [P+S+HS]-Part instantly after [K]. Maybe i will upload a Video for that later.

On 5/11/2016 at 0:24 PM, Dracula said:

Thanks! Still pretty hard to do, have to figure out how input it. Trying to [K]~PSHS it, but the input is kinda akward (K~KSHS seems to slow, at least in my hands)

Edit: Okay i know the timing now (somehow). The input is [K]~[P+S+HS], you pretty much input it as one input and try to press the [P+S+HS]-Part instantly after [K]. Maybe i will upload a Video for that later.

Actually, though I could be mistaken, people trying to piano K to PSH, while it works, should probably be warned that you can definitely do it too fast and get the YRC too early.

I haven't calculated the actual interval, but it FEELS like between K and YRC, a 3-4 frame gap is required to get the proper momentum cancel. 

Generally I use the same input as for doing KJT~KJ FRC > j.H in AC or AC+R, which is: Killer Joker~S > [PKS]~[H]. Obviously the input is FRC then single input, rather than the other way around like Zweihander. But in that situation, where you definitely want to do j.H around 1-2 frames after the FRC, applying the same timing to Zwei K~YRC piano input definitely causes me to do the YRC too fast. 

When I use the piano method, I generally mentally give myself a little delay in between the K and YRC inputs as a result.

Again I could be wrong about this, but when I first started trying different methods, I definitely found that only by adding slight delay in between K and PSH could I get it to consistently work for me. 

So I'm having trouble getting this BnB down consistently.

5K > 2D(1) > Coin > 5P > Level 2 High > Coin > Dash j.K > j.P > j.S > dj.K > j.S > j.H > j.D > Zwei

Nothing too hard or anything for some reason I can't do it on any of the cast anymore. Like this very morning I was having no problem doing it but now I can never get j.D to hit or when I do get it to hit I'm too far away for Zweihander to hit. 

I'm thinking it's a problem with my dash > j.K > j.P > j.S or the timing for when I hit then the second coin. I've tried switching to j.P > j.K > j.S with no different results. 

Found a glitch with Johnny he has invulnerability in his crouching to standing animation. Seems to be complete invulnerability unsure of the duration. If he has a hitbox it is too low to get hit by a jump attack that can hit every crouching character in the game and hits him when he is normally crouching.

Edit:

Isn't invulnerability, it is a perfect last frame safe jump and apparently in GG you can throw people out of air attacks if they hit you on the last frame before they land.

8 hours ago, ChaseRLewis said:

Found a glitch with Johnny he has invulnerability in his crouching to standing animation. Seems to be complete invulnerability unsure of the duration. If he has a hitbox it is too low to get hit by a jump attack that can hit every crouching character in the game and hits him when he is normally crouching.

Can you explain this glitch in more detail? You're claiming he has some invulnerability during the switch between crouching to standing states, right? In that case, could you show us an example or describe a scenario you've discovered where this works at neutral? Ignoring wakeup etc, if this is how you're describing it, you should be able to just invuln through a move at neutral.

Have you considered the possibility that Johnny is just throwing your safejump here? Safejumps are throwable if timed perfectly (You are throwable the frame right before you land on the ground)

8 hours ago, ChaseRLewis said:

Can you use this to dodge move with 2-3 active frames, if yes. Then we can confirm it works

So been talking it over with some peeps on discord, They are telling me you can throw someone out of the air with a ground throw during the last frame or 2 someone is in the air, essentially they can't get hit out of the frame they pressed throw so you land and the next frame you get thrown. So it is supposedly a combination of that and Johnny's wakeup timing. You CAN also make that setup do weird pushbox stuff to make the j. HS whiff sometimes because of the spacing after the 2D isn't always the same in the recording and the 2HS can hit differently based on the speed you press the buttons, tried a few recording and finally found one where it NEVER whiffs but it can randomly crossup / not crossup even though Johnny has crossup protection.

The safe jump is auto-timed so it literally can't be fucked up.

Think there was some placebo due to slightly random spacing, being able to throw people out of their last airborne frame, and odd johnny pushbox quirks when waking up (he is fat).

US Revelator is here! Wohoo!

I'm having trouble with two things:

1. jD > MC > jD > air Zwei

2. SDTH

Any tips? The latter is probably not necessary for me to learn until I get the basics down (and re-learn inputs..looking at you, Mist Cancel, Bacchus Sigh and OD). But the jD MC stuff I can really use some help with.

I'm having some trouble with J.D>mc>JD too. I think you just have to grind it out. The only thing that helped me was slowing my inputs because I would do it so fast air most finer came out.

Hi I played a little bit of johnny in plus r but not enough to be too familiar with him, can anyone give any tips/guides on how to begin with like: what are some of his best pokes/normal in the game, movement, and how to just use johnny well in general.

hi I played a little bit of johnny in plus r but not enough to be too familiar with him, can anyone help me out with any tips/guides on where to begin with him and how to use him properly like: what are some of his best pokes/normal, movement, or just how to use the character in general.

14 hours ago, BRD21 said:

Hi I played a little bit of johnny in plus r but not enough to be too familiar with him, can anyone give any tips/guides on how to begin with like: what are some of his best pokes/normal in the game, movement, and how to just use johnny well in general.

Killey's Johnny doc and Dustloop wiki Johnny page are both great resources for new Johnny players like myself and will get you started. Thanks to Killey, Brett and anyone else who has contributed to these pages!

Also, I guess most of you guys already know this, but you can execute mist cancels by pressing your MF button and HS at the same time when at level 3 for really fast and easy cancels. It seems to work sometimes on level 2 too, but doesn't feel as reliable as doing it normally.

Umm hi this is my first time olaying johnny in any gg and i was wondering if there was anyone who can give me tips before i played jam but i currently in not liking how she feels and found johnny more comfy please send anyhelp

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:26 PM, Kamiofwind said:

Umm hi this is my first time olaying johnny in any gg and i was wondering if there was anyone who can give me tips before i played jam but i currently in not liking how she feels and found johnny more comfy please send anyhelp

Killey's Johnny doc and Dustloop wiki Johnny page are both great resources for new Johnny players like myself and will get you started. Thanks to Killey, Brett and anyone else who has contributed to these pages!

Also, I guess most of you guys already know this, but you can execute mist cancels by pressing your MF button and HS at the same time when at level 3 for really fast and easy cancels. It seems to work sometimes on level 2 too, but doesn't feel as reliable as doing it normally