Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

Johnny General Discussion

Help, I think I just shot myself in the foot.

I realized I had to conform to one of japan's arcade button configs because I wasn't able to play right when the time did came around.

As time passed getting used to config,

P S D

K H

I realized that it was hard as fuck to piano 623K,K yrc with it. I could just macro PKSH on another button to band aid fix it but it won't do me any good if I play on an arcade again.

So do you guys suggest I go fuck it and change my config again to another arcade default that is easier to piano this 623K? Did any of you went with a specific config just for johnny?

On June 15, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Reki said:

I realized I had to conform to one of japan's arcade button configs because I wasn't able to play right when the time did came around.

P S D

K H

I realized that it was hard as fuck to piano 623K,K yrc with it. I could just macro PKSH on another button to band aid fix it but it won't do me any good if I play on an arcade again.

So do you guys suggest I go fuck it and change my config again to another arcade default that is easier to piano this 623K? Did any of you went with a specific config just for johnny?

Lol nvm. I whined too early when I was getting it 1 out of 10 times the other day. I got some consistency last night but my arm is toast due to the repeated just frame bicep flexing.

On June 15, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Reki said:

P S D

K H

Lol nvm. I whined too early when I was getting it 1 out of 10 times the other day. I got some consistency last night but my arm is toast due to the repeated just frame bicep flexing.

Idk where to put this but from my own testing here's a potential UB route after knockdown: dash mist YRC, immediate zwei YRC, deep j.214K.

Works even on lvl1. You want mid MF because not only is the low MF a bitch to time, at lvl1 a brave opponent could just take the hit. Even if the zwei YRC is IB'd you have about a year of frame advantage so air mid MF should both be airtight and not whiff against crouch-blocking hurtboxes. It's absolutely fucking insane that they didn't touch zwei YRC but whatever lol.

If you hit deep enough you have enough time to link a 5H, even on max stagger. Possible followups include raw coin or 2D xx coin. For the Sakos out there you could also try dash tk coin. Greedy option is dash c.S-6P-delayed tk coin. Anyways hth

Hey guys, I'm starting to learn Johnny.

I'm having serious problems with aerial combos ending with Zwei Hander, it whiffs most of the time on mid-screen. I know Zwei Hander combos are character specific, but for most of the cast, I can't find the right combos for it to hit.

Is there some kind of Zwei Hander combo guide?

On 7/21/2016 at 9:39 AM, yagami05 said:

guys, any tips on doing 2HS cancel to airdash? thanks.

Do it when you have Lv2 or 3 stored. I think is impossible on Lv1, otherwise, is really, really hard.

12 hours ago, Negarema said:

Hey guys, I'm starting to learn Johnny.

I'm having serious problems with aerial combos ending with Zwei Hander, it whiffs most of the time on mid-screen. I know Zwei Hander combos are character specific, but for most of the cast, I can't find the right combos for it to hit.

Is there some kind of Zwei Hander combo guide?

midscreen zwei you generally need good dash jump momentum to 1hit. If you're doing this off of something like ground LV2 High > Coin > dash j.PKS etc, make sure you delay your jump cancel in order to give yourself a more length dash. this gives you more momentum and puts you closer to them. The string itself doesn't really matter, it can even just be mainly j.P's. The main determining factor is how long you held your dash and overall positioning.

20 hours ago, Negarema said:

Do it when you have Lv2 or 3 stored. I think is impossible on Lv1, otherwise, is really, really hard.

thanks.

also. any good dmg combo for new unblockable setup?

Hi guys,

I'm a fgc vet but new to GG and I'm trying to learn Johnny. I'm having a problem with lvl 1 mist finer attacks. I am getting attacks that are red and hit from a longer distance at lvl 1, and also lvl 1 attacks that do not hit as long and I don't know what I'm doing differently.

Here is a video of what I'm talking about: 

Thanks for any help you can provide!

The red is just part of the 'hitspark' from when you're hitting Jam. You're missing the 2nd one because you pushed her away a little bit with the first.