Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StrawberryGL

Ky vs. Bedman

Last time I fought a Rank 22 Ky player, this really felt like it was in Ky's favor.

Bedman has to really work to get those seals out.

The "thing" that helped me win in the rare times that I did was mostly relying on Task A to keep Ky busy.  The rest was about zoning and setup and trying not to trade with his random normals and avoid getting caught by his Okizeme.

One thing I will say though, if you end up blocking his Durandals on wakeup, if you IB them you can at least get some meter out of it for other things.  Just have to watch for his mixups after that (and don't bother using Dead Angle, Bedman has one of the worst Dead Angles in the game).

10 minutes ago, Blade said:

(and don't bother using Dead Angle, Bedman has one of the worst Dead Angles in the game).

If you have the meter why not go for it?  As long as you aren't getting baited it's certainly better than sitting there blocking until you have to deal with a j.5K/emptyjump 2K mixup.

It's precisely because it's easy to bait for Ky that I don't use it.  That and it doesn't have much range, so it can wiff when Ky uses ranged pokes for his pressure.

Well I mean the range isn't even that much worse than the average DA is.  In fact by DA standards I think it's pretty solid all thinks considered.  As for it being easy to bait, that's why you should never be predictable with your options.  If Ky is doing faceroll flowchart pressure on you then that's when you should DA (or at the very least FD him away).  Don't just fall into the habit of DAing every time you get tired of blocking.