Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StrawberryGL

Ky vs. Leo

Re: the above video, I'll probably cry the day that happens to me.

So the matchup is pretty bad for Leo, but it requires some...specific answers and being intimately familiar with Leo's options.  I'll try to keep this short and basic though:

-Keeping Leo out is priority one.  Stun Edges through grinders take away Leo's FB options to get in (on hit.  CH grants you a free approach and push towards the corner).  f.S and 6P are good against his ground movement and pokes (though please be careful of Leo f.S that cancels into 5HS on whiff, which is actually surprisingly good at stuffing Ky air approaches).  S Stun Edge YRC stuffs dash/236HS attempts.  CSE YRC practically forces a jump, which means air throw time.  

-Also, 2HS is really really really good.

-Problem is, if Leo gets in, Ky is not winning this matchup without IBs and FDs to create space in frames (IB) and actually making Leo whiff (FD) to get out of pressure.  IB Rekka 1 > throw Rekka 2 is level one.  IB 6K > mash 2P is level two.  

-Stun Dipper is hilariously efficient in this matchup, much like you'd use it against Slayer.  It does much better against Leo 6K than 2K/2D since he basically goes right over those and puts a knee in Ky's nose.  

-Once Ky gets hit (and it will happen), prepare for the most intense game of Rock Paper Scissors ever.  Blitz and VT beat BT 5K/5P; Poke/throw beats BT H; Poke/throw also beats when Leo decides to do the MC Hammer Shuffle and LR mix you up on oki/reset; Waiting a moment and c.S grants CH if he decides to D parry.  But if Ky guesses wrong...well, don't guess wrong.

-Last point: If Leo misses/Ky baits flash kick, it's party time:

5HS > 6K > 236D > DC Sacred Edge (could squeeze in a microdash 2D before if you're nasty).  If near/at the wall, Ky gets 6P > 2HS(1) > HSVT, c.S > 236D for a half million damage and DC CSE oki.