Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[Xrd Revelator] Venom Discussion Thread *UPDATED FOR 1.03*

Original post has been updated to include the 1.03 balance patch changes. Feel free to comment on them here.

If for some reason you have Revelator and you don't have the patch, you're doing it wrong!

Are there official patch notes for Rev2 2.1 now that it's out? I looked for some and all I could find are the loketest 1 patch notes.

Here's the loketest notes:

j.S: Lowered damage
j.H: Lowered damage
j.D: Lowered damage

Stinger Aim: First hit builds more RISC on block, second hit builds the same amount as before
Carcass Raid: First hit builds more RISC on block, second hit builds the same amount as before

S Double Head Morbid: The hitbox on the interior portion is widened backwards
Launches balls upwards on contact, which then bounce off the ceiling and the ground
Ball speed increased

H Double Head Morbid: The hitbox on the interior portion is widened backwards
Knock back increased on block
Launches balls diagonally upwards on contact, which then bounce off the ceiling and the ground
Ball speed increased

QV: Screen shake added right before active frames
The hitbox on the inner portion is larger behind
Dark Angel: Chip damage increased

I'm not sure I understand the SA and CR notes, like does it mean charged SA on the first hit of a black ball will do more RISC? But if that's the case then what about CR since you can't charge it, does it mean the ball on the way down does more RISC but not after it rebounds, or what?

Also it seems there were some other changes that affect Venom. I'm not sure if they are Venom-only changes or universal changes or what, but his BNBs are now more universal.

Previously, regular IAD failed on light chars: Sol, Millia, Slayer.

Now you can regular IAD on all characters without having to j8 or SJ. Against Millia you just have to delay the jump on the 3rd hit of c.S and it works just fine. No delay needed for anyone else, just regular IAD.

The DHM change that causes billiards to rebound on the ceiling and floor is interesting, seems to allow for some new combo strings and block strings. Looking forward to what people find with it.