Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

AC: Matchup discussion

I would most definatly help out with that idea, its just that i have only had the pleasure of having matchups vs. eddie, potemkin, sol, and may. After that i dont know too much about the matchups.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat as you. Very few people outside of Japan have regular matchup experience with everyone. Like I said though, we can always pull clips from match videos if need be, so keep your eye out for any videos you've seen that could be used in this manner.

BTW you guys, I switched to playing Pot :vbang:

Playing Testa felt too easy and I wasn't really enjoying to get those easy wins lololol.

lol lol lol :psyduck:

testament is overall probably the best character in the game...

but pot is by far the easiest character in the game to play and win with.

lol lol lol :psyduck:

testament is overall probably the best character in the game...

but pot is by far the easiest character in the game to play and win with.

That's true and i'll give you three reasons why

1. Potemkin Buster

2. Air Potemkin Buster

3. Heavenly Potemkin buster.

1. Potemkin Buster

2. Air Potemkin Buster

Backdash and slidehead make it a solid 5 reasons why pots is t3h ez winz.

Shall I get a thread together for that then? I really think it will be helpful if done right, but it also feels kind of ambitious, especially since I've never organized something like this before.

-close to the corner you can probably get one off -if the opponent jumps and you catch them with a tk bl then you'll probably get one -if you do the shounen cross up you'll get one

1. Potemkin Buster

2. Air Potemkin Buster

he doesn't even have to pot buster. he can make you scared to get hit by it and hit you with everything else

How to make badllands faster.?

I've seen people do badlands loop after one badlands, when I try it they fall to the floor

please help

You can either be too far away, too high up, or the character is too heavy or small. It is easiest to do it on the lighter bigger targets, such as faust.:psyduck:

BTW you guys, I switched to playing Pot :vbang:

Playing Testa felt too easy and I wasn't really enjoying to get those easy wins lololol.

This is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever read.

I hope you're joking.

I'm not. Playing Pot vs my local competitors is really challenging. I have Eddie, Axl that are not easy matchups for pot. Really hard and I like it. There're also Slayer and Jam but that's an even matchup. But I got back to Testa I just needed a little break from the guy I overplayed him with my local competitors and needed a break. ;)

oohhh! I thought you meant in terms of LEARNING the character. Yeah, Potemkin's matches can be hard, but any experienced Potemkin player can take most people apart with ease. And Slayer? Potemkin is Slayer's worst matchup. Guaranteed PB's n everything.. You should try Pot/Millia match. Playing a good Millia who know what they're doing when playing Pot... It'll be your worst nightmare...

oohhh! I thought you meant in terms of LEARNING the character.

Yeah, Potemkin's matches can be hard, but any experienced Potemkin player can take most people apart with ease.

And Slayer? Potemkin is Slayer's worst matchup. Guaranteed PB's n everything..

You should try Pot/Millia match. Playing a good Millia who know what they're doing when playing Pot... It'll be your worst nightmare...

Yeah I know Millia v Pot can be a tough matcup.

But the local Millia is kinda lacking... :psyduck: dropping combos/mixups opportunities so I'm having easy time when I play pot.

haha its the complete opposite over here! Our pot player is really good, but just can't seem to handle Millia... But then again I've had alot of experience against pot using my Millia... After suffering plenty of PB FRC shenanigans.. The Matchup can go either way for them two, but I seem to have a problem against pot using Testament, but that'll probably be down to lack of experience on my part...

I'm having a difficult match against one of my friend's Baiken. He either has good yomi skills or reflexes. He blocks everything I throw and in the first hit of my pressure strings or keypoints in battle, he pulls a stupid command counter hit that hits and hurts bad. Too make things worst, he zones me a lot by jumping and j.s alot and destroys my webs. I can't seem to win a match unless I put a curse and play defensive pulling EXE beasts when he tries to counter hit. Even then it is not guaranteed.

Just set a load of traps while throwing out k.Curse and EXE. You also have to hit Baiken as she is disarming your traps, so once you see her even jump, use 6K or j.S

Easy, On wakeup don't place a trap above her, mixup right away, since blocking the net gives her counter abilities. Remember to end strings with a JCable move, like close S. then jump and block. Try to keep a net between you and her, that way when u poke her she cant do H counter. Throws are great on baiken, about 30% of her life from that :vbang:

Milla is difficult to BL loop after throw, worse than Baiken IMO. Jam is quite difficult aswell.

All you have to do to loop Baiken off a throw is wait a bit before the 6K. No need to walk forward or dash or anything, just catch her a little before she reaches the ground. Too soon or too late and you get one hit (first and second hit respectively); catch her just right and you can get like 7+ BLs in.

It's been a while since I've been on here, but I need a bit of advice. HOWWWWWW do I handle May? I've had problems with this matchup from day 1. Any random hit gets converted into a 60% loop, and that isn't pretty. I need a magic solution that will guarantee me death to May, or just some handy hints will do. Cheers.