Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom vs Bedman

Discuss the matchup here. 

Dumped info from the prior thread, person's name shows their contribution.

On baiting 66 guardpoint:

Godpress:
Same way you would Potemkins Hammerfall. Set a ball in motion slowly and follow behind it and react accordingly.

Redefinition:
Specifically, PBall f.S is really good for baiting guard points.

TittyFofo:
6P seems super good for opening rounds. Watch out for that stupid idle animation, since it'll whiff while he's laying down.....

Seems like an easy match up. Bedman has to do risky stuff to get in once you get some ball formations going, which is easy here due to his size and awkward movement. He has a hard time dealing with Venom pressure for the same reasons. Apparently Venom can jump out of Bedman tornado loop pressure, but I wouldn't know because I've honestly never been pressured by a Bedman for long lol

Dai:
Venom's space control with balls can stop him from setting up his zoning game to eliminate seals.

Blitz helps against bedslams that can be tricky to guess which side he's on...

Be careful about setting balls, 3HS has insane reach and a Bedman who knows the matchup will be watching you from near full screen.

I saw in a Blacksnake match, c.S can beat the Bedslam.

Hy, Bedman player here, playing a lot against Baykou atm, and I think Venom is one of Bedman's worst MU.

I can't zone him, I get outzoned, my task A is useless (and Bedman without the task A plays is meeee), all my normal get beat by his.

I mean, we can't even IAD over the carcass ride, our hurtbox is to big, and that is really anoying in the MU.

The teleport can help but once he knows, it's dead.

And finally when I get pressed, it's over.

Venom tools are all better then ours, so...

When he's cornered, he's dead, but it's a long road to get him there.

The key for this Mu is by having superior footsies:

- Venom's f.s and 2s is a problem? Dance around to bait them out, so you can whiff punish them with 2s or 2hs. You can also jump over them.

- Venom's 6p and 6hs is a problem? Bait them with flight. If you jump forward, flight back so you can whiff punish with Task A or B, flight down back > 2/3hs punish.

Task A isen't useless. You just can't exspect to start a fireball war with Venom, because he WILL BE always 1 step ahead of you. Once Task A is behind Venom, it get's really ugly for him.

Most of the time you gonna block tho. Learn to instant block balls, so he has less time to get close. Use smart fd shield from time to time, so his blockstring gonna whiff. If you are in the corner, figure out his blockstring and create gaps with Instant block so you can dash out.

If he get's cocky, start using 2/3hs or dash into balls. If he baits every opportunity to teleport in, he has to briefly pause, so you can advance forward and win space.

If you can knock him down once, you better finish him off. You won't get a second chance.

Thanks for the tips. :)

Well, I just have issues against the best France player, who plays Venom, other Venoms are far mor manageable, but it's still difficult. :p

But you're right, once he's down, we better kill him quickly, we really don't have a second chance, that's for sure.

I think that I'm to impatient in this match up.

It's indeed really hard to win neutral against Venom, but that's his trademark. I think you have to change your mindeset towards defense, especially against Venom.

What can possibly happen?
He will try to throw you, which isen't to bad to react, if you try to jump out smart with fd shield > cancel in flight > airdahs down so you can maybe punish or get momentum.

It's is way worse for you to block, if he knocks you down. His jump in mixups are really scary, so don't get hit.

dash is 0 recovery, but j.d has enough blockstun to be safe if he blocks, and it's an ambiguous cross up depending on your j.d timing

i was a little excited to figure this out

edit:if they crouch block and it doesn't hit meaty j.d can whiff. You can use this for a throw set up if you see it coming and you've built respect?

Counter hits lead to full combos, but your window of opportunity is pretty small so you have to be on your game.