Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom vs Ramlethal

Discuss the matchup here. 

Dumped info from the prior thread, person's name shows their contribution.

Dai:
If she blocks, gets hit, swords will stop swinging and fall to the ground. In addition, swords can be hit when they startup. Knowing when you can make her block/hit her/the sword and when you have to take it is important.

Justice:
c.S(3) works on Ram's crouching block at most distances.

Dai:
Ramlethal's j.HS when she has the sword will destroy any anti-air attempt. Other than that Venom can anti-air normally.

TittyFofo:
6P seems to destroy Ram at neutral, due to her goofy ass hitbox and lack of good low pokes. Your other pokes work well too, but might as well lead with the one with upper body invul lol. Also chains to 6HS for knockdown combo on CH or free ball summon on block.

She converts random hits for damage better than Venom, but I feel like we should get a lot more random hits that potentially give more ball summons or knockdowns for oki. She can totally ruin your life with oki once she gets going, but the same can be said for 70% of the cast IMO, Venom included lol.

Dai:
Also if you're too far, Venom isn't fast enough to ground dash past the lower sword when it gets activated (with the fastest activation).

TittyFofo:
So um, Ram's instant j.2D blows up Venom 2S at the beginning of a round. This is easily countered with 6P, but that gets blown up by her 2S.

Nyaa:
5KPP and 2KPP don't need instant blocking to be counterable. On normal block you can jab or cS between the last two hits. 5KPK and 2KPK are tighter and can't be interrupted, but are very punishable on block and only give knockdown on hit.

fS>Dauro is not a blockstring so you can throw or BS between hits. I play some guys who consistently throw me if I try to do this so it's all a gimmick. She did get some nerfs so you should always be able to punish on IB now. If you normal block the regular version she's in -4 so don't be scared. IB that and punish with anything you want. Green dauro is -1 on block, IB that for punish as well.

I'm unsure how the matchup is now but it's definitely changed, one of the most changed matchups I believe. Venom have better range on a lot of stuff, can now outzone Ram with ease and have stronger pressure, while Ram have greater damage on her stuff. It feels pretty even. If you burst or DA-attack when she's deploying swords in the corner they will die and Ram can't even retrieve them for 2 seconds. Use this opportunity to get in her face as she have no range at all without them.

how do we contest trance? i can't for the life of me do anything but sit there and eat the mixup because j,d shuts down any air options

It depends on when she throws it out. In blockstring/corner you're gonna eat it probably.
If you're midscreen, teleport yrc can get you out of it if your fast enough, or possible just shooting stinger and having the ball hit during the startup of trance( it's like 9f?)

Burst can usually save you but then bait's can happen. Don't DA, it never works.