Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom vs I-No

Discuss the matchup here. 

Dumped info from the prior thread, person's name shows their contribution.

Dai:
If she doesn't approach right after notes, if you're far away you can use QV to negate them while summoning. Or you could try YRC the QV if it will whiff (time it so the ball lines up).

Chemical Love YRC means you'll have to take her devasting mixup. Note that I-No's low options prorate more than her high ones.

Stroke the big tree goes under 2S.

Her reversal super does need some respect.

6P beats horizontal Chemical Love. I also don't recommend multi ball sets that go in a straight line - chemical love will destroy all projectiles it comes in contact with.

Reversal super is throwable.

Reversal 6P+6HS OS on your part may be a thing if she's going too high on her oki. I don't mind throwing out 6P's in midrange neutral, but if they like to STBT a lot, that loses viability. It's also a good move after blocking her initial mixup if she tries to dash back in or Chemical Love

Be very wary of how you air tech, I-No players love to catch your techs with air throws (on top of her new command grab, she gets even more reward for doing it successfully). Sometimes, delaying the tech if you're becoming too predictable is the right answer.

There are a lot of things you can do in this matchup that other chars can't. The fact that she has to come up with an answer for your 6P creates a major problem for Her. It's not just because it's a great 6P. It's because it covers the space that she wants to be in so very well. Because of it, Venom gets to move around a bit more than some other chars and has to use this to his advantage. It beating her forward dashes, ability to throw it through the middle notes, beating My Chemcal love and hitting her crouching when blocking or not? She's gotta do something different. So take advantage of that. 

Teleporting Raw (Or of course with a ball out) is something that is helpful. Venoms forget that it's an option. Getting the hell out to get somewhere better when things go wrong should be number one priority. Using balls as movement tools instead of just another projectile you "might" confirm "MAYBE" is extremely important. Because of Notes and Chemical Love, Activating balls is often times is not going to get you much.   Your ball gets destroyed and before you know it's you're guessing on 6P and hoping for the best. Instead? Keep balls on the screen and use them to teleport. Back up a lil, then warp to it instead of just trying to get more active projectile screen coverage.  There are invul frames about 7Frames(Strike) then the full invuln  so use those to your advantage.The more balls you have out before making her block, the more time you can spend throwing a string, building that guard bar into a telelport, activating a ball with j.s/j/Hs depending and getting back into the pressure game.

Lastly, use Bishop Roundout. With her limited movement, it's a lot of chip. And if she tries to move, it's a lot of damage. It will devour all her heat as well when they see the chip.. Any knock down? 2balls out. Summon it. Bounce it horizontally. You want to cover her potentially dangerous space. When you do that? You get to create even more sets and put that Stinger buff to good use! :3! 

2D is also a viable AA in this match-up for whatever reason, especially in situations where she could potentially do redash mixups. Will stuff STBT and go under HCL too, but if she has meter for YRC then you have to be cautious. 

It's prolly best to back up at the start of a round. Between her STBT, Chem Love, j.P, and 2H/S, a lot can go wrong. 

If you duck a HCL and see the YRC, you can 6P dash follow-ups (2HS might work better, but I've never tried). Let her know that there aren't any easy ins over here.