Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom vs Venom

Discuss the matchup here.

So we never talked about the mirror in thread prior.

After playing Ryan Hunter in my pool at EVO, the main point we discussed is: Shooting balls is not generally encouraged. This is because of QVs absorbtion properties. Not only could you be wasting balls, your opponent is getting stronger ones as well.

When you're waking up against Venom, try to tell when blitz will cause a rejection state. Japanese top players were very proficient at this in my games against them at EVO, and landed blitz almost every time. We can apply that knowledge not only to making our own setups safe against blitz, but also in the mirror match.

IT'S EVEN

But fun. Setups don't work as well because we like to mash on the spots that clearly aren't blockstrings. 

Sweep becomes not as useful because Venom rarely moving forward like that and is just going to C.Raid S anyway. 

I do like how useful QV absorb YRC can become at the drop of a hat!

All in all? Most fun swag fight in the game. 

You can easily absorb those bigger balls with your own QV, too. QV YRC shuts down almost any approach, but a really low ball will fly under QV and tag him out. Not sure exactly how to get that low ball, since it's been awhile since I played the matchup and actually needed a ball at that position.