Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Endearment

Unpleasant online experience

Hi Folks,

I am new to GGXrd, coming from a VF and SF2/3/4 background.

I am used to quickly and easily searching for matches and being able to play against a wide variety of players. My first experience in the Xrd lobby system was pretty poor. I joined a Norcal lobby (which had the most players by far at a meager 14) and played a few matches, waiting extremely long times between matches.

Is this what I should expect from my GGXrd online experience? Is 14 a number I should count on? I have no one to play against offline here and my skills are bottom tier; I'm playing against other horrendous players but even they have considerably more experience than I do and I get mopped; wait for minutes at a time as they play out additional matches; get another chance; get mopped; etc.

I want to put in some reps, play a ton of games in a row, and get comfortable. The lobby system seems willfully built against that kind of playing.

Just wanted to get some more experienced takes on GGXrd online, expectations, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

Endearment

If you're playing ranked, it's not the fastest way to play, but you can press L1 I think to go to the main menu, and training mode while waiting for matches. As far as player matches go, playing around the weekend in the evening should present many p,aces to get matched. If they're full, making your own lobby will usually solve any problems with there being too few matches.

ic you were east coast, I'd say john my weekly online lobby, but west coast connections would definitely be too laggy. So if yohwNt to start your own west coast regular lobby, I'd highly recommend it. I'm learning by leaps and bounds because of it.

the west coast just has a lot less people in it's lobbies for some reason.  east has a bunch more.  new players are not the only ones irritated by having to wait in lines to play.  during the afternoon and at night ranked is populated enough to use instead.

if you want to play many games in a row in a public lobby you have to keep winning

or you can hit up a friend and host a private lobby to get more games in

if you keep losing (which is understandable i'm not shitting on you please don't misunderstand), and don't really have friends who play the game then i don't know what you can do honestly.

Thanks for the replies. I played a bunch of games this evening and, though I got owned routinely, everyone was super cool and friendly. I actually started to enjoy the arcade-y vibe of the setup.

Now: to not be completely terrible. Back to training.

Player Match rooms allow the "Rematch" option if you know how to set it up.

Otherwise if you're making a quick lobby here's a tip:

Whenever you see the message "Station A/B/C/D Battle has ended" if you see nobody's in the line, just jump on board and you'll swap with whoever lost that match.

I try to avoid matches with long lines, unless I'm just watching the other players do their thing and learn what they're doing.