Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tong

[CF] Naoto Kurogane Information/Discussion Thread

instead of doing 5D dash cancel just do 6D dash cancel. It's easier because you can buffer the dash while doing 6D so there is no extra movement.

You can do the combo off of 5A buuuuuut, you have to cancel into 2C ender from the DP so it whiffs and you land sooner. It also doesn't work on everyone, Jin for example no matter how late you cancel 2C after DP it will always hit him, but in exchange you can do 5A before he hits the ground. 

The best piece of advice I can give you is don't do your inputs super fast. I feel like this is the most common problem Naoto players are having overcoming the execution barrier. His combos really aren't all that hard if you just take your time and pay attention.

1 hour ago, capsuletoyco said:

instead of doing 5D dash cancel just do 6D dash cancel. It's easier because you can buffer the dash while doing 6D so there is no extra movement.

You can do the combo off of 5A buuuuuut, you have to cancel into 2C ender from the DP so it whiffs and you land sooner. It also doesn't work on everyone, Jin for example no matter how late you cancel 2C after DP it will always hit him, but in exchange you can do 5A before he hits the ground. 

The best piece of advice I can give you is don't do your inputs super fast. I feel like this is the most common problem Naoto players are having overcoming the execution barrier. His combos really aren't all that hard if you just take your time and pay attention.

Ah, 6D sounds like it will be a big help for having cleaner inputs, thanks. And yeah, eventually I felt that I was inputting stuff too fast, I think that's why I started having an easier time with 214A since it naturally takes more calm timing, but it was still iffy. Good to have solid confirmation that it just has to be inputted a little more loosely than trying to just rush it out microdashes.

Naoto's combos are hard. They are execution heavy AND very character dependent AND situational.

Don't let people tell you otherwise, because you will think you lack skill when you just lack training instead

After several months of training I can finally pick Naoto as my sub. Learning of micro-dash timing and do these combos regularly is the one thing but putting whole combos in online matches is the second one... I prefer „214A” way in any „2366B” longer combinations and really recommend it.

On netplay I prefer to make a simple rekka 6-7 hit combos to put enemy into corner and finish the game than struggle with basic/optimized basics. Seriously +/- 500 dmg output isn't worth it to miss an occasion for corner. Put in the corner first then use any micro-dash combo.

In my opinion overally he has one of the best corner in the game → you can just lock any char and the dmg output is... huge (My main is Valkenhayn so I feel the difference). He also has nice mobility and it may sounds biased but I think that he has better tools against zooners than Ragna.

I have a question about Naoto in Neutral situations.

What combos can he do that can safely transition from "neutral" to "dash cancel"?

I know his Phantom "shift" is dash cancellable, as are his D moves on "charge", but what all moves can transition in to a dash (not just as a dash cancel)?

By the way, I play Naoto offline in Grimoire of Abyss to practice with him, and he has decent corner combos that don't require dash enhanced moves.

(corner) 5B > 5C > 3C > Rekka to C Ender > High jump ,j.B > j.C > JC > j.B > j.C > Inferno Crusader

On 8/15/2017 at 10:27 AM, Blade said:

I have a question about Naoto in Neutral situations.

What combos can he do that can safely transition from "neutral" to "dash cancel"?

I know his Phantom "shift" is dash cancellable, as are his D moves on "charge", but what all moves can transition in to a dash (not just as a dash cancel)?

By the way, I play Naoto offline in Grimoire of Abyss to practice with him, and he has decent corner combos that don't require dash enhanced moves.

(corner) 5B > 5C > 3C > Rekka to C Ender > High jump ,j.B > j.C > JC > j.B > j.C > Inferno Crusader

Sorry it took a while to get a reply but dash cancelable normals if that's what you are asking. Anything he commits to a dash he will at best be -5, so you got to get the opponent to respect your cancels if they can and will mash out. As for your corner combos while yes it is possible to do decents combos that dont require enhanced your combo gives you 3.2k damage I can add dash 5b rekka into that exact combo i can do 3.4 and doing a full bnb can get you 3.9k. The damage makes up the execution barrier and I do suggest you take the damage to get comfortable with the cancels little by little cause they really become important as you get into higher levels of play.