Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RockHoward2013

Arc System Works Sound Team Favorite Player

Hello, everybody, I'm here opening my own topic on Zepp Museum, and this is for a poll via Posts for your Favorite Arc System Works Sound Team (aka Ishiwatari Band) Players through Guilty Gear: The Missing Link (GG1) to present. And here they are the Musicians you have to fave through the post:

Guitarist:

• Shotaro Ohata - 1998 (GG1) ~ 2000 (GGX)
  • Tohru Iwao - 2001 (GGX) ~  2002 (GGXX#R)
  • Yoshihiro Kusano - 2004 (GGIsuka/GGXXSlash), 2007 (GG2Ov), 2008 (BBCT), 2010 (BBCSII's ♪Shinsou)
  • Takayoshi Ohmura - 2009-2010 (BBCS)
  • Toshihiro Kajihara - 2011(GGxBB2011/BBCS:EX) ~ Current

Bassist

• Isamu Takita - 1998 (GG1) ~ 2000 (GGX)
  • Ikuo Shibutani - 2001 (GGX)
  • Shinji Masumoto - 2002 (GGXX)
  • Tetsuya Ohuchi - 2004 (GGIsuka)
  • Koichi Noda - 2007 (GG2Ov)
  • Atsushi Hasegawa - 2008 (BBCT) ~ current

Keyboard

• Yasuharu Takanashi - 1998 (GG1) ~ 2000 (GGX)
  • Koichi Seiyama - 2001 (GGX) ~ 2002 (GGXX#R)
  • Eiji Kawai - 2008 (BBCT) ~ 2011 (BBCS:EX)
  • Tetsuo Maruyuma - 2009 (BBCS~SongAccordCS~'s ♪Stardust Memory ~Yakusoku no Basho~)
  • YUHKI - 2011 (GGxBB2011), 2012 (BBCP) ~ current

Drums

• Yasuhiro Umezawa - 2002 (GGXX#R)
  • Kaichi Kurose - 2007 (GG2Ov)
  • Kenichi Fujimoto/KEN☆KEN - 2011 (GGxBB2011), 2015 (BBMusicLive2015)
  • Fumiya Morishita - 2012 (BBCP) ~ current

Chorists

• REMI - 2007 (GG2Ov)
  • Miyuki Hibino - 2008 (BBCT)
  • Sachi Kitazawa - 2008 (BBCT), 2011 (BBCS:EX's ♪Childish Killer) ~ Current
  • Junko Tsuji (BBCS~SongAccordCS~'s ♪Queen of Rose ~ Shinku no Boukansha~)

And, obviously, Ayumu Koshikawa as Violinist.

Post your favorite musicians as appear on the list, and explain not so deeply, but a short reason why have said musician(s) as your favorite one(s).

Read ya.

How come you didn't list the sound team from "The Missing Link".  That game had some legendary sounds, man.

Toshihiro Kajihara

Atsushi Hasegawa

Koh-ichi Seiyama (Back when the keyboard stuff was just right, and not so crazy. YUHKI goes too ham on the keyboards, making the songs sound ridiculous.)

Yasuhiro Umezawa (More realistic drum sound compared to the rest. The CP drums sounded like tomatoes splattering against the wall.)

@Blade, thanks for remembering me about it, updating the list of Musicians on the First Post, and, y'all around here, don't be shy. Everyone can join to this poll, don't forget to post your favorite musicians.

Here's my votes:

Fave Guitarist: Shotaro Ohata (Obviously, though Yoshihiro Kusano's GG2 Overture work is great too)

Fave Bassist: Shinji Masumoto (Because of Slayer's and Potemkin's GGXX Theme)

Fave Keyboardist: Koichi Seiyama (But who did keyboard for GG2 Overture's theme for "That Man"?)

Fave Drums: Kaichi Kurose (GG2 had a really nice drum set I think)

@Blade, I'm not pretty sure, but I swear the keyboard was Yoshihiro Kusano (along to be the guitarrist) on GGIsuka and GG2Ov. I'm gonna update the list with Chorists (from GG2OV to present)

Anyone, @heavymetalmixer, @Zedar90, @CaliburWarrior, @Tong, @ReRe01, @Mirage of Void, or just somebody, enter the list I gave for y'all.

@Blade, I'm not pretty sure, but I swear the keyboard was Yoshihiro Kusano (along to be the guitarrist) on GGIsuka and GG2Ov. I'm gonna update the list with Chorists (from GG2OV to present)

Anyone, @heavymetalmixer, @Zedar90, @CaliburWarrior, @Tong, @ReRe01, @Mirage of Void, or just somebody, enter the list I gave for y'all.

Sorry dude, I'm hopeless when it comes to know about musicians names, even for games I like a lot.

And I knew about ASW since GGXXAC+ in PS2, the only thing I can say is that the OST I like the most, it's GGXrd's.

Guitarist:

• Shotaro Ohata - 1998 (GG1) ~ 2000 (GGX) - I personally liked his phrasing and attack above the other guitar players. If the recording set up for GG1 was better (and some other factors), I would bet big money on the entire GG1 soundtrack being recognised as phenomenal. Also we all remember Still in the Dark, yes? Honestly I never found guitar tone to be just right in any of the games soundtracks, so I judged this purely on my opinion of their playing.

Bassist:

It's hard to judge a bass player in a rock/metal context. In most of the games they just play a line of notes. We all know which ones played the cool bass lines, but that's a point of composition. However I was a big fan of Potemkin, Slayer and Chipp's theme in GGXX...

Keyboard:

Who played keys on GG2:O? That person seems cool.

Drums:

• Kaichi Kurose - 2007 (GG2Ov) - Not much to say. This guy has the most poppin' playing on the skins. No idea how much of that was in the mix or the studio set up, but the most open and live feeling were in the beats he hit.

@Sergeant Dull, as I said to @Blade some posts ago, I'm not pretty sure, but I swear it was Yoshihiro Kusano (GG2Ov/GGIsuka's Guitarist), and @heavymetalmixer, IT means your faves are:

Toshihiro Kajihara as Guitarist and Atsushi Hasegawa as bassist as I've marked them as "Current", Drums and Keyboard are not listed 'cause most instruments as Strings and Lead came from Norichika Sato, and as a plus you're setting as Favorite to Yukata Tokuhiro as Sax, those are the Players of GGXrd OST, the poll I've put involves the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue Soundtracks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: It's almost Día de Muertos (sorry for that, me mexican, got it?), but I see no clue of any of y'all, so I dare to each and every one I'll mention to give some spirit to my poll, won't you? I dare @GVGguy, @Laplace, @Zedar90, @ReRe01, @Mirage of Void, @Fangs Of Despair, @UnsafeUnblockables, @KimikoTerumi248, @indie_animator, @Calamitus@Tokkan@beanwich, @MinatoArisato, @Tong, @Seth_Slax, @Circuitous and for last: @Beast of Fire.

That's all for now, I'll be pendind of your replies....