Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psycho

Ky Weekly Video Analysis #4

This one is mad interesting. Its Kiisha vs Ain but with inputs on. I want to focus on that aspect this  time around. 

Im looking into this more from a faust perspective than a ky. Small thing i noticed with kisha catching stun dipper punish with 236S (pogo). I know a lot of kys like to try to go under f.s with it so it's something I have to catch on to with Faust. 

(Is it Ein or Ain??)

It looks like Ain is using 6P to try and counterpoke something? Maybe f.S? He runs forward and 6P's a lot and gets a lot of mileage out of it.

Yeah, Faust always has to be worried about Stun Dipper after a blocked f.S, since at the right distance it punishes both f.S>Item Toss and f.S>Fishing Rod. (Except when item is Hammer or Weight lol) So throwing in a Pogo Slam for counter-hits is always nice, even against characters who like to do their own f.S to punish your Item Toss.

6P is the general answer to Faust's f.S. Faust's f.S is not very disjointed and you'll net some nice counter-hits if you challenge it with upper-body invincibility.

I also noticed this part was really nice on Kiisha's part: [0:01:19] PS4™×『‎GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-』”闘神激突” Battle2 [ KISHA VS EIN ]

Using the FD brake to mess up anti-air timing should be a huge pain to deal with, making stun edges much more committal and 2H riskier. You can't stop anti-airing, so I assume the counter-play to this is to use more preemptive, farther reaching anti-airs or even air-to-airs like JK?