Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caellel

[RESOLVED] Has anyone seen this bug with Orie's IW?

Hey guys... not sure where the best place to post this kind of topic is, so if it's the wrong place I do apologize.

On to the main point. I was playing around with a combo, and after letting the dummy replay it a few times, I saw a case where Orie's IW didn't go off properly... no damage, and no thanatos + beam animation

I recorded the whole thing here: https://youtu.be/A1z0amVNrac (you'll see the bug at the end of the video)

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this happen before. I tried reproducing it by just doing 236B -> IW in the corner with different timings, but i couldn't get it to happen again.

I also wonder if there's any way to get in touch with Arcsys/French Bread to report bugs?

It's not a glitch. The IW simply didn't combo because you'd already spent all your wall/ground bounces in the lead-up combo. In fact, you can see the beam and everything going off the corner of the screen for a few frames.

To clarify, you can have a maximum of two wall or ground bounces in your combo. If you perform a third one, the opponent becomes invulnerable and can no longer be hit.

You spent the first one after the CS, on j.214B. The second one is used up by the grounded 214B. The third one happens after the 236B right before the IW.

That's two ground slams and one wall bounce, so there's no longer any combo to perform.

It's not hard to keep track of your wall and ground bounces, but if you don't want to worry about it, just use a move that can't induce those effects before your IW. It's for that reason that you often see Orie players using 236A or 4C into IW instead.

Ok cool, that's one of the finer details of the system's mechanics i really wasnt aware of. Thanks for the explanation, it makes me feel a lot better know that it wasn't a bug XD

Edit: I tried to rename the post title since it's kind of misleading at this point, but I couldn't edit it. Would be nice if someone with edit powers could put a [resolved] or something on the title :D