Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fu11m3t41

[CT] Iron Tager General Discussion

I told you to do it on more characters than Arakune.

I told you to do it on more characters than Arakune.

yeah you did, sorry was thinking of troy when i did it, i then proceeded to slap myself with mike z's patented awesome stick.

If I'm in a good position I psychic 2a AA, on CH 5c and collider but yeah the collider itself is enough sometimes. Gives people those wtf moments! Too bad it is so hard to tell which (2a, 2c, 6p, collider, air throw???) is appropriate until it is too late.

If I'm in a good position I psychic 2a AA, on CH 5c and collider but yeah the collider itself is enough sometimes. Gives people those wtf moments! Too bad it is so hard to tell which (2a, 2c, 6p, collider, air throw???) is appropriate until it is too late.

I psyhic collider arakunes all the time, cause IDK its risky but it pays off if I get him magnetized.

I love the mike Z patented knocked down, mash 2C, heh quick getup then 2C it scores CH way more than it should.

IMO you have to train your opponents not to jump. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd Psychic Collider, people tend to not jump, but I tend to still purposefully whiff it anyway assuming my opponent is a decent distance from me just to fake them out or keep them on the ground when magnetized. In short its an AC whiff baiting into 360 or 720 for anyone dumb enough to run in on the ground from a fair distance.

It's gonna take a really good Tager to train his opponents not to jump, either that or a dumb opponent.

It's gonna take a really good Tager to train his opponents not to jump, either that or a dumb opponent.

Its really another HUGE risk/reward game cause it can come back and bite you in the ass if you throw it out too much. It works best when you see someone that instinctively jumps after EVERY combo on Tager, magnetized or not.

Which the above situation seems to happen a lot at mid-level. At High level, I don't expect it to work anywhere near as often. In CS, it'll probably be a viable option.

nowadays i'm alot more aggressive, i usually am already aggressive when i get a shot in, but now i like getting close and doing whatever i can to make my opponent panic whether i start with 5A or i hit confrim a crouching hit, i make sure i do whatever i can to make sure my opponent don't thing to retaliate and continue a beatdown, i usually just mix in a few 360's and once they decide to guts up and try something thats not a DP i 720 them to kill them before bursting. i seldom backdash. backdashing itself doesn't play too much use in how i do things now. i can gladly say that i almost fully adapted to the stick, i'm about 65% as good as i was before stick which is not too bad considering me getting the stick like 2 weeks ago, i still drop combo's but now i can fully scare the pants off anyone anytime...problem now lies in my subs, which i'll be working on soon. so yes people i can no longer say you beat me cause i'm on stick. wall of text translation: i'm back to my medium/high tager status now. p.s: bang is no longer my weakness, watched some mike z vids and it became quite clear.

Uh, does 236236b crossup if the opponent is magnetized and in the air? Or is the second hit air unblockable or something? I was definitely holding back but he happened to catch me in the air with it, but the last hit sent me in the opposite direction so I assumed I got crossed up some how.

Uh, does 236236b crossup if the opponent is magnetized and in the air? Or is the second hit air unblockable or something? I was definitely holding back but he happened to catch me in the air with it, but the last hit sent me in the opposite direction so I assumed I got crossed up some how.

yeah it can cross-up, sometimes its sketchy as hell, sadly for you a good tager knows when its gonna cross-up or not.

And someone with vs Tager experience does too.

Man every time I get that occasional chance to pick up BB I just love tagers 5A, and 2A moves so good, I guess 5C, and j.C are p. awesome too.

Can't say I get caught by magna tech wheel in the air often.

Thanks.

Normally if your magntized it cross's up I noticed.

Uh, so I was going to practice the crouching "loop" tager has that I've seen Outlaw and Mojo do, but I've forgotten what it is. Anyone care to share =]? (i know it starts off of 5A CH)

Uh, so I was going to practice the crouching "loop" tager has that I've seen Outlaw and Mojo do, but I've forgotten what it is. Anyone care to share =]? (i know it starts off of 5A CH)

on crouch its 2A>5C>236A>2A>5C>236A>236A

stronger but 3 rep loop is.

2A>5C>6A>236A>2A>5C>6A>236A>2A>5C>6A>xx

for the 10th hit you got 2C, 3C A sledge or 360B the tick 360B can catch people off guard plus it can net you about 6k+ damage. real soviet shit.

Thanks! Just tried it with 360B at the end and it did 7019 O_O

instant kill with 720 on damn near the whole cast, garrett thought of the 360B so he gets the credit on that.

i just hit 2A then either go for a reset with 2B or finish with 2C>collider.

2A>2C links on crouch so you can check it out.

If you hit 5A on a crouching opponent you can 5A 5B 5C 6A sledgeA 2A 5C type of stuff. I'm pretty sure you can do counterhit 5A 5C, for more damage.

If you want to go just for the for sure combo damage into collider, 2A 2C before the combo count gets to 9. It's proration point based, so this rule may not always work but it'll get you an idea.

Also, do forgive me if I am mistaken but it looks like Solbadass' first sledge loop has no reason it should ever be used? I guess there might be cases where 6A can whiff on some hit boxes, but would it remain that way for the whole combo?

If you hit 5A on a crouching opponent you can 5A 5B 5C 6A sledgeA 2A 5C type of stuff. I'm pretty sure you can do counterhit 5A 5C, for more damage.

If you want to go just for the for sure combo damage into collider, 2A 2C before the combo count gets to 9. It's proration point based, so this rule may not always work but it'll get you an idea.

Also, do forgive me if I am mistaken but it looks like Solbadass' first sledge loop has no reason it should ever be used? I guess there might be cases where 6A can whiff on some hit boxes, but would it remain that way for the whole combo?

the first one i posted was the one from the tutorial video. 2A>5C>236Ax2>236A follow up

6A in the second loop may not always work, in a case when you hit confirm with 2 5A's.

like 5A>5A>5B>5C>6A the 6A won't hit. so if that happens just go straight into 236A follow-up it should hit.

far as i'm concerned 5B shouldn't be in the loop but i have a habit of 5A>5B so i shoot myself.

but yeah the first loop is obsolete unless you don't know about the 6A part to it, the 6A only works if your real close anyways.

the first one i posted was the one from the tutorial video. 2A>5C>236Ax2>236A follow up

6A in the second loop may not always work, in a case when you hit confirm with 2 5A's.

like 5A>5A>5B>5C>6A the 6A won't hit. so if that happens just go straight into 236A follow-up it should hit.

far as i'm concerned 5B shouldn't be in the loop but i have a habit of 5A>5B so i shoot myself.

but yeah the first loop is obsolete unless you don't know about the 6A part to it, the 6A only works if your real close anyways.

Um no. The one on the dvd is 2A 5C 6A 236A x2 2A 2C 623C

Yours doesn't seem to exist anywhere I've seen. And unless you have a counterhit, 5A 5B 5C 6A sledge, is how you do the first loop from 5A. The only other option I can imagine is 5A 2A, but that would be less damage.

The 6A is spacing and character dependent. Bang, Tager, and hakumen are easy to loop, while nu, and litchi are small enough to get out at more distances.

Funny thing I did the other day was play CT as my main Tager and try to do CS combos lol. For the lolz I did 6A>2C>AC>j.C (whiff)>j.2C>rapid into sparkbolt>2C>AC for 5694 damage. Once I even added, after the spark bolt, a spinny. The damage on that I forgot. After rapid canceling j.2C you can even do a quick 2D.....with that if you are in the corner you could rapid that and do a 5C into AC and possibly do spark bolt but I doubt it. I just like messing around with CT still though that all maybe extremely old.

So we dont really have a thread for this but i know i few people like sol are making the transition to a stick and pretty much everything is fine to do on a stick besides 720s for me. They wont come out smoothly for me, i know dps are supposed to be harder and i think those are much easier on a stick. Anyone have advice do you use more wrist than fingers so on and so forth they are not coming out and its frustrating me because i enjoy the other aspects of an arcade stick so far.

when i do 720's i buffer from 8 and rotate it 2-3 times, so no matter where i stop it comes out, now jump buffering i start from 4 or 6 (depends on facing) so if they throw out a AA i'll end up IBing it then let go at 7 or 9, i go the extra mile to make it work, for me doing DP's was a nightmare on stick...until you kicked my ass.