Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fu11m3t41

[CT] Iron Tager General Discussion

We all know that sledge is one of Tager's best moves, and the options are near limitless as to what vicious Russian pain can be bestowed upon our weak American enemies. But, What do YOU do comrades? We can use this as a compilation of Sledge setup info. I personally use B sledge into 360b. If they dont tech, well then Horse.

Sledge -> A,A,A,B,C,D The A,A,A,B hits. The C needs to be blocked (usually is), and the D has caught everyone off guard so far. Even if blocked, you have a magnetized opponent. After I do that twice or so, I go for the 360B for big soviet damage or a 720. Also, pro tech: A,A,A,A,A,720C Never see it coming.

A sledge followups: block backdash 360A/720 5A/2A (you are at neg frames so this won't work well on experienced opponents) canned 236A followup (this won't work well on experienced opponents at all since they can interrupt it just by spamming A, or they can block punish it) B sledge followups: all the options get carried over from A but are improved. since you are + frames on this one 5A/2A is much more viable of course. 360B if they turtle up.

i was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to list some good uses of Tager's Magnetism?

- Vaccuming Gigantic Emerald Tager Buster

- Vaccuming with "D", jumping or standing

- Air-Vaccuming with Automic Collider. Just don't get them to fly behind you.

- Vaccum with Crouching D, good mainly for someone who might be air-dashing at you starting from full screen. You can punish them right before they land and the tackle causes you move forward quickly while they also get sucked in by it.

- Tager Driver I believe has a little bit of Vaccum, but not very much since you can't hold that command throw like you can with Gigantic Emerald Tager Buster.

- catching newbs and noobs off guard :p.

I usually 2D to whiff a jump-in then 5D...seems to get them pretty often that way. Also anyone who wants to get Dante achievement done real quick just get your target magnatized and time 5Ds. I don't think whomever programmed the AI took vacuum into consideration when blocking that. Also with Collider, it seems like mostly I can combo with it (dur) but when trying to use it for the normal magnetized jumper I just get stuffed. 6A also tends to get me punished unless it's going to connect with the vacuum. I mainly like it cause I get more combo opps that way and people stop trying to backdash from melee.

ummm after that grab to colider.. i like to use it to bounce them off the wall into magna tech wheel.. just for the flashy finish.. its also a god like projectile which bounces and magnatizes....whats not god about it

How easily blocked it is? >.> My favourite combo is Shot > 5C > 6A > 2C > collider (have to hold for a bit) > walk forward > 6C > collider. Sure, it's a better option to end with 5D for the re-magnetise, but this one does more damage and looks cooler.

How easily blocked it is? >.>

My favourite combo is

Shot > 5C > 6A > 2C > collider (have to hold for a bit) > walk forward > 6C > collider.

Sure, it's a better option to end with 5D for the re-magnetise, but this one does more damage and looks cooler.

Is easily blocked cause of the fact that your opponent knows that Spark Bolt is ready and can come out at anytime. I've seen players go ultra defensive when the Electric gauge is fully charged

Well if i have full heat i like to use :

6a > 2C > Collider > Spark Bolt > Magna Tech > Terra Break > 6C > Collider

if not I use combos similar to Isorropia's cept mine usually start with a B+C grab followed into Collider and pretty much continues the same from there. If spark bolt is ready usually gets stuck after a Collider

Spark Bolt tends to go into the middle of a combo, thats where it seems to be most lethal and allows Tager to go into some of his more lengthy combos. I hate throwing it out at the beginning since it tends to get blocked ALOT if thrown at the beginning of a combo

Well, as stated else where, the spark bolt does cut through all other projectiles

Would be a rather nifty response to an over projectile Jin, or so Id think =/

I lie to tag air dashes and backward air dashes with it. Aside from the fact that they can't block it then, it amuses me that I can shoot someone out of the air with my chest because I'm so damn tall.

Oh, and while shot goes through other projectiles, it's worth noting that hakumen's sword attacks stop tager shot. Was not happy when I found that out....

Oh, and while shot goes through other projectiles, it's worth noting that hakumen's sword attacks stop tager shot.

Was not happy when I found that out....

I was just glad it still magnetized him.

Its darn useful. Sitting on it will keep your opponent guessing and hitting it allows you to do massive combo damage. If they happen to block it you still have them magnetized at the least. Its hands down his best move. (I know it has other great uses as well)

George absorbs the hit.

I learned that the hard way last night.:vbang:

Are you kidding?

I've seen a couple things stop it, but I thought Spark Bolt would sail over George without even touching him.

Btw Jin's EX Ice Projectile can stop it too

George only absorbs it during its release in mid-air. It sails over his head once he lands on the ground. I also learned that the hard way.

Anything that takes damage will stop it - frog, Nirvana, bell bug (AKA 'hat'), etc. Also Jin's Here's Miami (er, ice wave super) Litchi's explosion, and probably other stuff like Carl's Gear super...