Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fu11m3t41

[CT] Iron Tager General Discussion

itt bad tagers

Anything that takes damage will stop it - frog, Nirvana, bell bug (AKA 'hat'), etc.

Also Jin's Here's Miami (er, ice wave super) Litchi's explosion, and probably other stuff like Carl's Gear super...

nus million sword super too

gayest thing about carl: if hes full screen and sis is in front of him, he can actually just hit D on reactino to volt spark and absorb it lol

I did all of my instant block 720s on a ps3 PAD of Sandpaper, and I'm not going to lie, one day of good play leaves a bruise on my thumb in the shape of the space of the pad I use. You privileged young kids with your sticks and your grips, and your mtv. Also, I just remembered something about my throw tech question. Someone mention that you could buffer a throw tech because it teched any throw for 11 frames or something, does they mean for the X's to show up in the conditions I specified, they'd have to try to tech 12 frames Early? So does the X realistically Ever appear unless it was a counter throw?

itt bad tagers

nus million sword super too

gayest thing about carl: if hes full screen and sis is in front of him, he can actually just hit D on reactino to volt spark and absorb it lol

bad tagers? itt? whuar?! :psyduck:

jC is so fun, that and mashing 5A on Nirvana when a Carl seems so fixated on getting her out not realizing it's free opportunity to DC her.

This works on noobs all the time: Spark bolt -> immediately empty jump -> 720 and hold it. Assuming the spark bolt connected and wasn't blocked.

This works on noobs all the time:

Spark bolt -> immediately empty jump -> 720 and hold it.

Assuming the spark bolt connected and wasn't blocked.

Yes that little trick works out so great.

Though i usually spark bolt-> Atom collider walk a few steps and then either Down D or Forward C -> atom collider I do down D when they are closer to the corner. Still a Scrub Tager player. -off topic- I had some one tell me today that i was the best tager they'd seen so far.I cried manly tears.

Spark bolt is 80% a sure win for me once I hit them. SB > C > 6A > 2C > 623C (Tap) > 720. It's either poke out or die. haha xD But that trick you posted (Conhuevos) Is pretty good. Gotta try that out or attempt it if my SB is too close.

This works on noobs all the time:

Spark bolt -> immediately empty jump -> 720 and hold it.

Assuming the spark bolt connected and wasn't blocked.

its actually better to buffer this off a 2B if you can, because it looks like you dropped a combo. good trick though, i didnt notice that spark volt actually grounded them.

Posted Image

I hold mine like that, I dont know the technical term for it. I also just installed a bat, so it is alot easier. My friends say I hold my stick like an American.

You think your bruise is bad? I have a huge blister from Potemkin play at Otakon. After 30 wins in a row, your hand starts to cramp and scar. Its an epic battle scar ill cherish with pride.

You think your bruise is bad? I have a huge blister from Potemkin play at Otakon. After 30 wins in a row, your hand starts to cramp and scar. Its an epic battle scar ill cherish with pride.

I actually have a good ps2 controller, and my thumb callus teams up with that to allow me to do 30 matches of potemkin comfortably multiple times a day, less if the opponents are better than me, but I get down time in the rotation that way anyway.

I'm actually more complaining about the ps3 pad in a round about way.

Props though, I can really respect anyone who loves the game that much.

Annd as for the question, can I Collider someone out of a neutral tech or are they too low?

Just wondering, do you guys think Tager would be a good character going against top levels? I just fought a really hard Tao player here on DL and also a good litchi. Kinda did good on Tao, but Litchi is just annoying. And still lost on both of those matches. Against Tao I'm literally just a dummy waiting to open. Litchi just combo's the hell out of you. Especially in the corner, you're pretty much screwed. I tried doing the patient trick, but Tager's range isn't cut out against Litchi's pokes, and Tager's moves are really slow against Taokaka. (360's works good though, but not easy to land unless they're really close) I can't really find a way to fight them. Litchi can't be backdash'd throw because his range is insanely far. :gonk: I think I'mma start trying a new character. The matchup's are just brutal. MikeZ help! :psyduck:

Well, the answer to your question is kinda...No. He has bad match ups against top characters and top players will know the match up better anyway and you won't get as many mistakes to capitalize on. But we have a match up sub forum with threads for each match up that you should probably share your concerns in.

Well, the answer to your question is kinda...No. He has bad match ups against top characters and top players will know the match up better anyway and you won't get as many mistakes to capitalize on.

But we have a match up sub forum with threads for each match up that you should probably share your concerns in.

I did read each and one of them. It does work, but I don't think those tricks will last eventually. They manage to adopt it.

Posted Image

That. Also, there's not really a "best" way to hold it, whatever you feel most comfortable with. 720s mostly come from my wrist anyway.

Heck, Seth Killian plays cross-handed and does fine.

You don't win by using tricks they don't know; you win by more intelligently applying tricks they do know. Gimmicks won't win you tournaments - they only work once. (Well, maybe one-game-single-elim tournaments...)

Your job is to know the other character as well as they do, so you can properly exploit your opponent against himself. What's good against your character, and why? What's safe, and what's a free punish? What's a bad poke that only people who play that character know is bad? What do they think you're going to do next?

Do they jump every tick throw? Airthrow next time. Do they DP every chance they get? Leave a hole, bait the DP, and punish hard. Do they have unstoppable rushdown? Learn to block - everything has openings. Are they doing the same move all the time that you can't get around? Find a way around it, even if the solution is just being patient.

Tager is currently the bottom character in BB. This means you'll be losing a lot due to simply having uphill battles against a lot of the cast. If you are playing to win without effort, you should stop reading and switch characters. However, that's not saying that Tager can't win, it's just saying that in order to beat your opponent you need to be significantly more on-the-ball than they are. More versed in the game; more determined; more patient; more aggressive; more defensive; faster; better at taking advantage of the tiniest mistake.

You'll find that Tager has the tools to deal with anyone he comes across, if they are properly applied. It's knowing what "properly applied" means that takes time.

But at the end of all that, there's nothing that feels better than planting some top-tier's head in the ground.

You don't win by using tricks they don't know; you win by more intelligently applying tricks they do know. Gimmicks won't win you tournaments - they only work once. (Well, maybe one-game-single-elim tournaments...)

Your job is to know the other character as well as they do, so you can properly exploit your opponent against himself. What's good against your character, and why? What's safe, and what's a free punish? What's a bad poke that only people who play that character know is bad? What do they think you're going to do next?

Do they jump every tick throw? Airthrow next time. Do they DP every chance they get? Leave a hole, bait the DP, and punish hard. Do they have unstoppable rushdown? Learn to block - everything has openings. Are they doing the same move all the time that you can't get around? Find a way around it, even if the solution is just being patient.

Tager is currently the bottom character in BB. This means you'll be losing a lot due to simply having uphill battles against a lot of the cast. If you are playing to win without effort, you should stop reading and switch characters. However, that's not saying that Tager can't win, it's just saying that in order to beat your opponent you need to be significantly more on-the-ball than they are. More versed in the game; more determined; more patient; more aggressive; more defensive; faster; better at taking advantage of the tiniest mistake.

You'll find that Tager has the tools to deal with anyone he comes across, if they are properly applied. It's knowing what "properly applied" means that takes time.

But at the end of all that, there's nothing that feels better than planting some top-tier's head in the ground.

In short, Tager takes the biggest mental game and watching your opponents actions, then apply tactics accordingly?

Also, totally agree with your last statement, it does feel REALLY good to beat a Top Tier with a low tier character. True in any fighter, but in all honesty this is the first time I've dedicated 100% to a bottom tier character just cause I like the character that much.

Onto the real question I have though and its more of a General Question, but is there any critical or practical use to Counter Assault at any level of play? I've used it a couple times to stop the pressure games online but it just seems really useless for something that takes up 50% gauge.

Hmm, I like that.

I don't personally believe in tiers ever since I saw Koichi's Ino.

But for the firsthand experience, should I try out other characters to learn the feel of them and apply some tager tactics to find technique?

Or should I just stick with Tager and find it by experience.

One reason I found out why I'm doing bad against Tao's and Litchi is because I don't normally fight them.

Now I understand how Dan from Japan feels against his Cammy Matchup.

---

Gonna start watching some Litchi and Tao footage now. I hope it would help me greatly. :kitty:

----

Still not giving up Tager. That character made me come this far with level. (Even though some people doesen't believe in levels) But it's quite an accomplishment.

Thnx MikeZ, hope to play you one day. :TG:

I hold it like a wine glass with the stick between my pinky and ring fingers, but just the most comfortable way and lots of practice make it easier to do 720s.

i use an 360 controller because i'm a poor bastard ಠ_ಠ busters are pretty easy on it though, just use the thumb stick lol

i use an 360 controller because i'm a poor bastard ಠ_ಠ

busters are pretty easy on it though, just use the thumb stick lol

Yeah but you'll usually have a risk of jumping when performing Qcf's :psyduck:, (For the Xbox)

Otherwise, on the PS controller, the game is just fine. :keke:

Yeah but you'll usually have a risk of jumping when performing Qcf's :psyduck:, (For the Xbox)

Otherwise, on the PS controller, the game is just fine. :keke:

D-pad son :psyduck:

this isnt a throw, its a (mostly) inescapable setup. if you do 2C while they are in the air, they have to barrier or instant guard, but if they simply barrier, they are stuck in 21f blockstun. if you cancel 2C into heat (17f startup), they are still stuck in blockstun, but since heat qualifies as an unblockable move, NOT a throw, they cannot escape it, period. the only way out of this, from what i can tell, is isntant guard, and do a reversal/mveo out of the way fast enough. potemkin had this in GG too, but it was a lot harder, heat has a much larger grab range. not saying this is practical, but it exists.