Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fu11m3t41

[CT] Iron Tager General Discussion

day 2 reset son

Oh noes, he has that day 2 tager.

Almost as funny as when LK says people have january ragna. that shit makes me piss my fucking pants.:yaaay:

yo real talk every us ragna competes with alternate timeline jiyuna when he quits bb in december also to be fair, i discovered that reset day 2 of console, not arcade (90% of my arcade days were flailing around not understanding what the hell i was doing).

Has anyone else been enjoying (while magnetized) 360B, 5B, Atomic collider? it's been solid for me against anything aside from neutral air techs, but even then, sometimes in training it pulls them up from the ground (still holding ground falling animation) and doesn't allow them to tech.

Yeah, sorry, but that's been known for a while. It acts weird on certain characters IIRC (they land right before they reach your hand when they tech) or it's just the time they tech. I usually just do A Sledge + followup.

For me, resets against Tao are weird. She seems to land right before collider connects. blah blah -> Collider -> 6C -> Collider -> Collider is the one I'm thinking of. Plus, she can just use her drive in some situations anyway.

Yeah, sorry, but that's been known for a while. It acts weird on certain characters IIRC (they land right before they reach your hand when they tech) or it's just the time they tech. I usually just do A Sledge + followup.

For me, resets against Tao are weird. She seems to land right before collider connects. blah blah -> Collider -> 6C -> Collider -> Collider is the one I'm thinking of. Plus, she can just use her drive in some situations anyway.

Both her and carl can be bitches to combo/reset sometimes, ya just gotta get used to it.

some resets only work if they tech ASAP, otherwise they just land a tiny bit later and are eligible to ground tech usually these are the best ones. though, you can often do a 720 right after collider, or keep holding collider as a mixup, assuming they are close to you.

Say, this might be odd to ask, however, is there a "Grabbing for scrubs" thread around? I'm not so good with grabs, unless it's the standard grab. I can't even pull off a 720 consistently, I must admit that, though now, I feel a bit shameful having this name after saying that. Anyhow, I can pull off a 360s somewhat consistently, however, I never know when to do them. I really suck at using Command grabs and such. Can someone help me?

Say, this might be odd to ask, however, is there a "Grabbing for scrubs" thread around? I'm not so good with grabs, unless it's the standard grab. I can't even pull off a 720 consistently, I must admit that, though now, I feel a bit shameful having this name after saying that. Anyhow, I can pull off a 360s somewhat consistently, however, I never know when to do them. I really suck at using Command grabs and such. Can someone help me?

simple...i suppose but im not the best at explaining.

to do a 360 grabs you only need to do 270 degree angle i believe...for example i use:

412369A or B to do command grabs with tager to not do a full circle you can also use 632147A or B. long as you hit the other end it will work but you gotta fast to do it or you will jump. i prefer 632147 because you won't sledge and it works mostly.

to do 720 you need to use an attack to buffer it, remember where you start your motion, your main goal is to hit that mark twice hitting c at that moment.

pretty much like what i said before but twice really fast.

now you can practice 720 by jumping in the air and doing the input twice hitting C when you hit the ground, you can also buffer 720 from any move thats not jump cancellable or while blocking but you should practice doing 720 on landing first..then try the others. thats how i do 720 not sure if it helps though, afterall im the weakest tager on DL lol.

simple...i suppose but im not the best at explaining.

to do a 360 grabs you only need to do 270 degree angle i believe...for example i use:

412369A or B to do command grabs with tager to not do a full circle you can also use 632147A or B. long as you hit the other end it will work but you gotta fast to do it or you will jump. i prefer 632147 because you won't sledge and it works mostly.

to do 720 you need to use an attack to buffer it, remember where you start your motion, your main goal is to hit that mark twice hitting c at that moment.

pretty much like what i said before but twice really fast.

now you can practice 720 by jumping in the air and doing the input twice hitting C when you hit the ground, you can also buffer 720 from any move thats not jump cancellable or while blocking but you should practice doing 720 on landing first..then try the others. thats how i do 720 not sure if it helps though, afterall im the weakest tager on DL lol.

What he said. That is the easiest way of learning it, but tends the be the most obvious in matches. Doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, but preferable when your opponent is magnetized and when led into a false sense of security.

Careful with the ground buffers though. They can leave you wide open if done at the wrong time or can look REALLY obvious if you favor one buffer over another, which depending on which buffer your using (i'll use 2D as an example) hits your opponent and gives them the opportunity to throw break.

Relying on one or two buffers is probably the biggest flaw with alot of Tager players out there. Most common one i've seen is 2D, which it is a good one...........if it whiffs. Once you get the 720 motion itself down (by jumping in), move onto the backdash 360/720 since this one is going to beat out most of the BB community and fairly easy in itself. Once you get the backdash down, try doing it with Atomic Collider and like Solbadass said, other non jump cancellable moves.

My favorite as of late has been the unsuspecting 5B due to it subtlety, fairly quick, and doesn't leave a whole lot of block stun which a delayed 720 buffer is a guaranteed hit.

@SolBadass and HZMN Thanks to both of you, oh and Sol... You're not the worst Tager player on Dustloop anymore, chances are that the title belongs to me now, as disgraceful is that is (Not because of you, but because my username is IronTager). Anyhow, cause of College I don't get enough time to put into the game, but I really really want to practice. Now then, to be honest, I already knew it was only a 270 XD I just have a hard time doing it cause I want to be able to do it fast enough. Plus, whenever I try to buffer from a backdash, I always get screwed T_T Anyhow, I'll keep practicing that 720... Does anyone have a specific trick for doing that? Like, are the motions 41236987412369 or is there a faster way to do it? Also, I can never find an good time to do it, especially if someone is rushing me down like crazy or something. >_< Sorry, I've never really used a command grab type character before, so it's kind of new to me, but I really love Tager, SO, I'm stickin with him.

don't do the motions too fast, 720 is all about being subtle, i used to rarely do 720 but now i do j.2C wiff's to 720's and other nonsense. if you are getting rushed down then back dash 360/720 or block and respond in kind, 720 is a great defensive measure.. when i'm using moves like atomic colider 720 then i start from 9 then hit 8 to finish it but those tricks are for other games... if you are back dashing then do the 360/720 on the second button press, its so pro its mike z approved. i can't think of any faster way to do 360/720 just gotta learn to be quick naturally. oh yeah and im the weakest tager on dustloop, no good damaging combo's just flash.

Aw, but I wanted to be the worst Tager on DL. :v: Anyways, IronTager, if you've got Live, just send me a Friend Invitation and I'll help you out one of these days. If I'm good at anything, it's 360s and 720s (I finally did an unbuffered one!).

Aw, but I wanted to be the worst Tager on DL. :v:

Anyways, IronTager, if you've got Live, just send me a Friend Invitation and I'll help you out one of these days. If I'm good at anything, it's 360s and 720s (I finally did an unbuffered one!).

your a mod you have 2 weeks to get to mike z level or i will send you a hive of bee's in your mail. :8/:

Aw, but I wanted to be the worst Tager on DL. :v:

Anyways, IronTager, if you've got Live, just send me a Friend Invitation and I'll help you out one of these days. If I'm good at anything, it's 360s and 720s (I finally did an unbuffered one!).

Thank you so much for your offer, however, sadly and unfortunately, I can't play with you D: I play Blazblue via PSN... I've been getting better at buffering and doing the motions, but I still really suck at the application (Performing them in a real battle or when being attacked. I still have trouble buffering a little sometimes, because I keep timing it wrong sometimes. Anyhow, thanks again for the offer, however, due to the circumstances... T_T Well... Yeah "^^ But if you have PSNetwork as well, mine is Snaithe (My brother's idea for a nickname "-_-) Anyhow, I guess I'll keep practicing... Lately I've been screwing up because I try to backdash too much instead of blocking, but I'll get out of that bad habit... I'm great at blocking because of the experiences of getting my ass whooped in other fighting games (Normally, I'm blocking), though, lately, that's not been the case...

Thank you so much for your offer, however, sadly and unfortunately, I can't play with you D: I play Blazblue via PSN... I've been getting better at buffering and doing the motions, but I still really suck at the application (Performing them in a real battle or when being attacked. I still have trouble buffering a little sometimes, because I keep timing it wrong sometimes. Anyhow, thanks again for the offer, however, due to the circumstances... T_T Well... Yeah "^^ But if you have PSNetwork as well, mine is Snaithe (My brother's idea for a nickname "-_-) Anyhow, I guess I'll keep practicing... Lately I've been screwing up because I try to backdash too much instead of blocking, but I'll get out of that bad habit... I'm great at blocking because of the experiences of getting my ass whooped in other fighting games (Normally, I'm blocking), though, lately, that's not been the case...

Well, just to make it easier for you, I've updated the Guide's list of moves to include mentions to valuable 720 buffers. I hope it helps!

I have a question about back dash invincibility. Is it full body invincibility, or is it still vulnerable to head attacks? I feel like I get smacked out of it reasonably often, and I'm trying to figure out where it's safe to back dash and where I should just block, because my timing on it is obviously not nearly as good as it needs to be. I feel like I read this info somewhere here, but I've been searching and can't seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The backdash is completely invincible to everything, but only for a limited time. I think it was 4 frames, but let me double check. EDIT: Tager's backdash: - Lasts 23 frames. - Is invincible from frame 19. - Is airborne from frames 1-22.

Thanks! So you can still be smacked with an overhead for the first 18 frames? Is its airborne-ness what makes projectiles and mid attacks pass through it? I'm sorry for how stupid and basic these questions are, I'm just trying to reconcile my experiences with it and the frame data so I can utilize it better. My backdash > punish game needs some considerable work.

I don't know, I think I'm reading the frame data incorrectly. Perhaps it is invincible until frame 19; that would make more sense. Could someone clarify for me?

Also, I just noticed that the effect of magnetism on Tager's Astral is HUGE. It may have some use after all. :eng101:

4 frames of being able to get hit definitely seems like it fits better with my experience of getting smacked out at the end of the animation.

Just practice block 360A grabbing then block 720ing some block stings in training, someone posted a ragna one earlier. I would suggest jin for starters you can 720 off ice car which is easy and can sadly be used against about 50% of the jins you play online :vbang: . After that try buffering 720's off of some of his pressure strings like instant airdash j.BC and the sort. also get good at 720ing out of jins CCCCCCCC move if you can do that you can buffer 720s out of alot of people when they start going 2AAAAAA to push you away a bit.