Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fu11m3t41

[CT] Iron Tager General Discussion

Thank you very much sir. (I hate SF4 though, sorry to say '^^) Anyhow, I should start on the good news. I've been getting better at doing the 360 motion and when I was facing my friend yesterday, I was buffering the 360 really well. I also figured out what one of my other problems were besides knowing when to punish certain characters. As we all know, Tager's air game sucks... I don't really take advantage of the Atomic Collidor alone (Normally, I combo into it) or using Tager's 2C to punish into a combo. It's kind of a fear thing because I fear that I might not do the DP fast enough to get them or that I'll time it too early. (Example: If Player 2 is air dashing from me at a distance and I use it too early, making it obvious it's there, they'll stop and punish me.) Otherwise, I'm getting better at punishing however, I feel like I'm a bit too predictable sometimes. I might backdash a bit too much cause whenever I do that, my friend whom was playing Ragna, would do that one standing under he has that hits twice and you can't backdash it because it lasts too long and has pretty good reach. But I got in some good grabs, I'm still suffering sometimes on the 720 though. When I'm blocking combos and it ends, I can never seem to buffer it off the blocks well enough. It's harder since in practice mode, the AI is a bit too stupid to link a combo or pressure you. Anyhow, I guess I'll keep trying...

oh so you have improved eh. tager's airs doesn't suck, his J.C can interupt IAD's and his J.C is a marvelous thing to do when your teching or comboing from CH J.C...

I don't know... I have a harder time with using it, whenever I jump in the air, my friend is just really damned good at anti-airing me with Ragna. That move has invincibility on startup if I'm correct, so THAT doesn't help much. I try to do an elbow drop on him and combo into that which... Usually turns out to be a 50/50 and mostly if I'm trying to recover. By the way, I'm also struggling on recovering from falling. Whenever I'm about to reach the ground, I'm unsure what to do, and I don't want to be too predictable by doing the 2C so often. What is recommended that I do? I usually block, but that kind of leads me to being in the corner and... Well, Tager is kind of screwed in the corner unless someone messes up or there's some kind of small window of oppurtunity.

What is tager's most damaging combo that works on everyone or a lot of people? Because I know there is thata 8000 dmg combo on tager. The most powerful combo I have found is 2d->RC->6A->2C->Collider->B sledge-> A sledge-> RC->6C->Spark bolt-> 2C-> Collider for 7030 dmg, needs 100% heat. I haven't done much with it, but it works on jin, ragna, and Nu so far.

What is tager's most damaging combo that works on everyone or a lot of people?

Because I know there is thata 8000 dmg combo on tager.

The most powerful combo I have found is 2d->RC->6A->2C->Collider->B sledge-> A sledge-> RC->6C->Spark bolt-> 2C-> Collider for 7030 dmg, needs 100% heat.

I haven't done much with it, but it works on jin, ragna, and Nu so far.

dude! combo thread it lol.

another thing, you don't need to do that combo, people are gonna burst it. :vbang:

oh so you have improved eh.

tager's airs doesn't suck, his J.C can interupt IAD's and his J.C is a marvelous thing to do when your teching or comboing from CH J.C...

Yeah, those counter hit A bugs laugh at J.C.

Other than that, it's decent.

Yeah, those counter hit A bugs laugh at J.C.

Other than that, it's decent.

fuck its J.2C but this keyboard is sucking...yeah i can't wait for the next BB, no more unblockable A bugs.

i found a new way to combo into Tager's Astral Heat :yaaay:

2C (CH), 236A (whiff), AH

have fun

It hits them while they lie on the ground?

CH 2C knocks them into the air for about an hour. I look forward to trying that! On another note, I've tried incorporating the Astral into tech traps. So far in Training it works, even if they jump back, but I haven't actually tried it online yet.

CH 2C knocks them into the air for about an hour. I look forward to trying that!

On another note, I've tried incorporating the Astral into tech traps. So far in Training it works, even if they jump back, but I haven't actually tried it online yet.

can't do tagers astral in ranked matches. :(

can't do tagers astral in ranked matches. :(

Are you 100% positive on that? I can't recall a time when I've managed to get my AH to go off in a ranked match (I have landed them on player matches however), but I know for sure I've seen Rachel use hers in a ranked match... is it just that Tager cant? or is it ridiculously difficult?

Are you 100% positive on that? I can't recall a time when I've managed to get my AH to go off in a ranked match (I have landed them on player matches however), but I know for sure I've seen Rachel use hers in a ranked match... is it just that Tager cant? or is it ridiculously difficult?

The characters with Astrals in the arcade can do it, but nobody else. IIRC that is Ragna, Rachel, Hakumen, and Nu.

It hits them while they lie on the ground?

No, it catches them before they hit the ground.

you have to whiff 236A to buffer the Astral because without it, 2C will gatling into 5D. :eng101:

A harder but much sexier one is 2C (CH), 421B (don't hold), AH

The tricky part is getting the astral in fast enough. You have a bit less time to do so because you have to let go of B completely, then start the astral inputs.

also j.C (CH), AH but that's just silly :kitty:

and i'm sure everyone knows about 236B (CH), AH. gotta love those counter hits.

also j.C (CH), AH but that's just silly :kitty:

and i'm sure everyone knows about 236B (CH), AH. gotta love those counter hits.

I didn't know about either of these :drool:. You're my hero!

.            ∧ 

へ.∧/ |/|∧/|//

_ |\.\|  .| |../ / ./7/7

\.\ .\|  |/ / ././ ./|_

._|\ \.ヽ ./ / ././ ///

ヽ\.\ヘΛΛΛ/へ//フ

\\| ̄         ̄|/7

\|    \ /    |/

/   ⌒   ⌒   \      ANY LAST WORDS?

|    (__人__)     |      THIS IS GONNA BE... YOUR END!

\    ` ⌒´    /   ☆

/ヽ、--ー、__,-‐´ \─/

/ >   ヽ▼●▼<\  ||ー、.

/ ヽ、   \ i |。| |/  ヽ (ニ、`ヽ.

.l   ヽ     l |。| | r-、y `ニ  ノ \

l     |    |ー─ |  ̄ l   `~ヽ_ノ

タン.  |    |    i i|   ● |

.   タン | ⌒ ̄ ̄r~ノソィ"   || |

|\ ̄ ̄ ー─‐─oー"o ̄ ̄~´ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\ 

.            ∧ 

へ.∧/ |/|∧/|//

_ |\.\|  .| |../ / ./7/7

\.\ .\|  |/ / ././ ./|_

._|\ \.ヽ ./ / ././ ///

ヽ\.\ヘΛΛΛ/へ//フ

\\| ̄         ̄|/7

\|    \ /    |/

\    ` ⌒´    /   ☆

/ヽ、--ー、__,-‐´ \─/

/ >   ヽ▼●▼<\  ||ー、.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ /

(--( o )( o)

(__/\_--_/\

.            ∧ 

へ.∧/ |/|∧/|//

_ |\.\|  .| |../ / ./7/7

\.\ .\|  |/ / ././ ./|_

._|\ \.ヽ ./ / ././ ///

ヽ\.\ヘΛΛΛ/へ//フ

\\| ̄         ̄|/7

\|    \ /    |/

\    ` ⌒´    /   ☆

/ヽ、--ー、__,-‐´ \─/

/ >   ヽ▼●▼<\  ||ー、.

:TA:::kitty:

:BANG::...:gonk:

:LI:: P-P-PROFFESSOR!!!

:RA:: BOULDERDASH!!! :arg:

:TG::...ko...konoe? i...love you....too? -braces-

Can anyone tell me why sometimes when I do 2C(counter hit), this works on tao, 5C,6A,2C,collider, but it doesn't on ragna like its a dropped combo between 6A, and 2C, the move still hits.

Pretty much the only one Tager has is:

...5D xx B Sledge...

• A x n
  • 360 A
  • B/2B

But, in the future, please use the General Discussion thread for stuff like this.

I see Galileo use C>6A>jump and either use j.b or j.c. then use something like A>B>C>6A. I use the pressure string, but sparingly because the moves are still slow and I am worried about IB. I also use 2A>2BxxA sledge, I am not sure how safe that really is either. I try to use A>B into 720 after using A>B>C pressure string enough, 720 is delayed til after they are out of hit stun. What if any pressure string is good to try to mix in 360s(a or b) if any? I really never seem to be able to mix in 360s in pressure stings because I need to wait til they are out of hitstun and usually they are jumping by then.

The key to playing Tager is to mix it up; never do the same thing too much. For instance, you could sustitute some psychic Colliders for those 360s, which would practically guarantee a hit if they jump, depending on positioning and what not. Then switch back and forth between that and the throws. If you want some lolz, you could even throw a Voltic Charge in there, but don't expect much mileage from this little stunt. :kitty: Oh yeah, inexperienced people like to try and punish blocked 2Cs, so cancel them into something (usually 5D) every once and a while.