Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fu11m3t41

[CT] Iron Tager General Discussion

yea it has invincibility but if they poke you from above the attack is going to be in you by the time the invincibility is gone thus you get hit. If your a super G master you can not buffer the 720 off the AC and do it standing and go through said poke attempt

Hmm I didn't get that, But I'll take your word for it about the poke thing. If thing's get's worse (i.e, he poked me out of the 1st attempt), I'll probably just backdash then 720 on the next attempt. That works right?

Man you guys are genius about this frame data stuff, so cool.

As for me, I only rely on experience, but learning these facts are very interesting. :eng101:. Really makes me want to play this game more! :yaaay:

Since you can mess up a throw tech, does that means you can throw someone before they are out of block/ stun if you sense they are trying to reversal or tech wrong out of a coming gap in the block string? Like, use their reversal input as a failed throw escape?

If I understand what you're asking correctly, no. How it works is that if you press B+C, you can't tech for a little while afterwards. The only way that would work is if their reversal involved pressing B+C.

yea backdash 720 works like a charm usually, unless they're mashing the shit out of A's but that doesn't always work. Depends on the angle too. yea you have to watch using sledge vs v-13 all of her C normals pretty much eat it alive and for CH too, which is very bad. Just try super jumping + faultless, land, if your within range of a B sledge and she tries to throw a sword, go for it, if she tried to back up, IMMEDIATELY do an A sledge on the frame you recover from B. That will usually get you in. If she backs up too far after trying to get in, just be patient until you get there. speaking of frame data. I hear the arcadia mook for BB was incorrect ? Has anyone translated the charts and fixed the data yet ? I haven't honestly looked at any of it yet, but I can guesstimate stuff.

yea backdash 720 works like a charm usually, unless they're mashing the shit out of A's but that doesn't always work. Depends on the angle too.

yea you have to watch using sledge vs v-13 all of her C normals pretty much eat it alive and for CH too, which is very bad. Just try super jumping + faultless, land, if your within range of a B sledge and she tries to throw a sword, go for it, if she tried to back up, IMMEDIATELY do an A sledge on the frame you recover from B. That will usually get you in. If she backs up too far after trying to get in, just be patient until you get there.

speaking of frame data. I hear the arcadia mook for BB was incorrect ? Has anyone translated the charts and fixed the data yet ? I haven't honestly looked at any of it yet, but I can guesstimate stuff.

Never knew that. That would help me ALOT. Thnx! :yaaay:

No wonder I feel so vulnerable after a B sledge if they backdashed.

Is the 720 techable outside of block/hitstun? I hear people claiming it is, but I don't believe it.

It only makes sense considering the enormous hitstun/blockstun you earn if it connects. And doing a move on "the frame" is pretty much impossible to ask. Finishing a motion in a 1/60th of a second window at will = lol, robot

Well, it's especially hard because if you do it early it is just a sledge follow up, and it's still not safe because you are vulnerable for the entire sledge recovery and the start of the A sledge if she considers a C move, which she really should at that range anyway. I mean that doesn't mean it won't work, but no matter how well you do the just frame manuever it isn't safe at all.

yea its never safe lol. That's why I always try to get just right in range and wait to react to the startup frames of a sword. I still get punished though sometimes.

It only makes sense considering the enormous hitstun/blockstun you earn if it connects. And doing a move on "the frame" is pretty much impossible to ask. Finishing a motion in a 1/60th of a second window at will = lol, robot

apparently you haven't played much street fighter 2: turbo ( not hdremix ). That game pretty much requires that out of you constantly lol.

seriously you have the dvd and past post for questions like this.

Not everyone has the DVD, I don't and found this a very useful read. It's easier when things are broken down and clearly labelled rather than having to delve into an impenetrable monster thread to try and find the one thing you are curious about.

I had a topic on Bang's astral heat locked the other day because it was unlikely to be used in competitive play..! I mean so what, it's part of the game isn't it? Besides which I had already tried and failed to find any mention of it in the combo specific threads. People seem really averse to discussion on these boards.

Not everyone has the DVD, I don't and found this a very useful read. It's easier when things are broken down and clearly labelled rather than having to delve into an impenetrable monster thread to try and find the one thing you are curious about.

I had a topic on Bang's astral heat locked the other day because it was unlikely to be used in competitive play..! I mean so what, it's part of the game isn't it? Besides which I had already tried and failed to find any mention of it in the combo specific threads. People seem really averse to discussion on these boards.

Really, I was under the impression that the DVD came with all copies of BlazBlue since the Limited Edition is the only edition up until 28th. So either you pirated or you already got yours second hand.

As far as the Bang thread being locked, can't say too much there, especially if it was just on the reasoning that its unlikely to be used in Competitive play and nothing else. Based on my experience with this forum in general though, the individual character specific forums are designed for as competitive references. Also can't rule out that its possible that Bang doesn't even have a combo for his Astral or just no one has figured it out yet.

Also theres a search bar for going through the impenetrable monster threads.

Really, I was under the impression that the DVD came with all copies of BlazBlue since the Limited Edition is the only edition up until 28th. So either you pirated or you already got yours second hand.

or C) I have the Japanese version :rolleyes:

Also can't rule out that its possible that Bang doesn't even have a combo for his Astral or just no one has figured it out yet.

Which was kind of the reason for the thread, hence my annoyance at it being locked.

If I understand what you're asking correctly, no. How it works is that if you press B+C, you can't tech for a little while afterwards. The only way that would work is if their reversal involved pressing B+C.

I see, I think what was really happening was that I was throwing them right after they recovered and because they were mashing a move they got counter throwed and could not escape. Thank you.

That would explain it. Also typo on the first post, the move I quoted from the move data was 6A/

Many, sometimes in a clutch many Jins, Rachels, and occasionally Arakune will attempt to projectile their way to win and Spark Bolt will reign supreme, it's uncommon but not too hard to pull it off if you time it just right. I also need spark bolt to magnetize at all, personally, if you are desperate, magnetize your opponent by any means necessary and the wave of battle shifts in your complete favor~

Just curious on how tager players hold their sticks. err, I use wineglass but I'm horrible so its irrelevant ><. doing 360s feels a little weird on wineglass so I thought some people might use different grips.

Just curious on how tager players hold their sticks. err, I use wineglass but I'm horrible so its irrelevant ><. doing 360s feels a little weird on wineglass so I thought some people might use different grips.

I use wineglass, 360s are no problem with that grip. when I go for the 720 I change my grip to a generic stick holding grip, much easier for me this way.

I'm sorry sir, but this would be better off asked in the Q&A thread. Welcome to Dustloop, BTW! EDIT: You know what, I really didn't need to lock this thread.

When i notice people turtling up on me when my meeter is full, I shoot a spark bolt. If it hits, free damage. If it's blocked, I wait for them to try and air dash/ ground dash and let them eat a magnetized D to the dome. A lot of people want to get very aggressive after that spark bolt goes out.