Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fu11m3t41

[CT] Iron Tager General Discussion

How do I escape tight block strings, especially in the corner? Many times if I am fighting quick pressure characters like Tao, Ragna, Noel or Bang I find myself huddling in the corner like a baby and even my A attacks get counter hit. Can't grab because it also gets counter hit. You can only block for so long...Jump animation is slow so I get smacked in the face if I try to jump. Barrier rarely gives me adequate space...what am I doing wrong?

Sometimes I just burst and I'm fine from there, but there has to be a better way...i've only recently started using Dead Angle to get out but i'd rather keep my 50 heat :kitty:

Sorry for the double post, but is there any use of Tager's 3C?

Can't find any use of it at all. (not sure if it's 3C or 1C)

i use 3C just to score a knockdown sometimes or to tag someone with a low attack (who expects a low attack from tager?), or if I'm too far away to combo into 2C. I also use it against Bangs that like to spam 2D.

2A xN, 2B, 3C.

Sj.5C (whiff), j.B, 2B, 3C.

Instant barrier a predictable portion of the string then 360:abt:. Check out the match-up video's also, plenty of times Tager gets cornered and finds a way out.

Instant Block, 360A. It only has 3 vulnerable frames so it's the best move to use to 'poke out' of pressure. Baring that, FD a lot. IB 360A is really almost the universal 'beat pressure' tool for Tager. VS air though you just need to block a lot more, and/or IB Backdash 360 instead, just depending. IB 720C is even better but it takes some time to get that.

anything xx atomic collider (doesnt cause air tech), walk forwad, 6C, jD, rc JD(whiff), land 2C collider setups up the situation on back tech this is escapable in like 3 different ways so pretty much only use this if they fall asleep

This does work exceptionally well for the most part. However, why block anything of that nature when you can more than likely outright stuff it. 16 frames of startup is yawn. Usually the way I get that to work is if the opponent tried to jump up or ub out of possible thought that I may attempt a throw. I'll throw out one or two stand A's , pause to see what they may do. If it seems like they'll do nothing, I'll go for that 5C, AC. By using said strategy I often find I get far more 5C CH's, which you can link 5C, 6A, AC for REAL SOVIET DAMAGE.

Hold it however is most comfortable. There is no proper way. Hell I've even seen some lefties that refuse to adapt and go cross hand, and that seems wonky as hell. I use an over grip personally.

You can't always back dash.

BLASPHEMY. Backdashing + 360 A always works!

But if you really want to be a jerk, just tap 5A, it works like a charm. Seriously, try it some time.

BLASPHEMY. Backdashing + 360 A always works!

But if you really want to be a jerk, just tap 5A, it works like a charm. Seriously, try it some time.

Well, sometimes :P. I'd rather just lock this and put it in the Q&A thread. I have learned that 6:abt: can stuff some incoming attacks, but the timing is tricky.

If you can read the airdash before it happens, which people tend to telegraph a lot, you can catch them with an AC. Otherwise, use a backdash or block.

While I was messing around in training mode against Ragna, I've found that after the Collider, 6C, 5D, I could to another Collider, and catch them if I release the button as they fly by, and do another 6C, 5D into another Collider. Is this punishable by the other character's air normals/specials in a regular match? EDIT: Now that I think about it, any character with an arial that sends them flying into the ground (Rachel's j.2C, Arakune's j.2A/B/C, etc.) can get out of this.

Funnily enough, this has never been covered. Everyone tries it and sort of gives up when other players learn, I guess. This trick requires that they tech in the air, which most players won't after figuring it out. If they do air tech, any character can j.A you out of it with proper timing.

Is there anything useful you can do after air throwing an opponent? Only thing I've found is if you air throw them low you can follow up with a :d::cbt:.

My usual airthrow combo is

j.B+C > land > 2B > 2C > collider > 6C > 5D.

If you j.2C they can airtech after collider, so I usually omit it.

Is there some rhyme and reason as to how the game decides when to let people tech?

Is there some rhyme and reason as to how the game decides when to let people tech?

There is proration modification on how many OTG pickups and such you can do. I think Mike Z explains it in one of the new threads. Because without that tager could just infinite collidor loop people to death.

EDIT:Found it.

There certainly is tech scaling. If you look at the frame data (for the lazy) under the "PP" column (for Proration Points) the more points on a move the more tech scaling. Collider has quite a lot: 3000 first hit + 6000 second hit; whereas lots of his other moves have 100 or 200.

Basically, you never get Collider->OTG->Collider->OTG in any combo ever. Not even if the first Collider is a counterhit. You can Spark after the 2nd one but they'll always be able to tech before they land.

Funnily enough, this has never been covered. Everyone tries it and sort of gives up when other players learn, I guess.

This trick requires that they tech in the air, which most players won't after figuring it out. If they do air tech, any character can j.A you out of it with proper timing.

or better yet do a real attack and punish you with a combo :8/:

Hey guys, I have been playing blaz blue picked it up a few days ago and was really lucky got someones preorder they never picked up. Everyone else has to wait until august 31! Some issues at the border or somthing apparently. I seem to have a problem capitalizing after blocking a string of moves and or knowing when I am actually able to safely come out of the block and hit. Is there any one move of tagers that is generally good to try out of block after blocking some combo? What do you do if your opponent is just rushing you and spamming A say something like taokaka 2A. I couldnt seem to get out any attacks. Also if you just counter with throw everytime (was just using normal throw) they seem to be able to tech out of it no problem or anticipate the throw and move back before you can hit. Basically was l just wondering what I could be doing differently on defense. I know as Iron Tager you want your opponent close to you so it seems silly to be having trouble against rushdowns. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I be doing 360 throws or somthing in between the jabs? Does it involve instant blocking or counter hitting? I am a little fuzzy on exactly how these things work, seems hard to instant block that many attacks or do you just need to do it on the first one of the string? Any help appreciated! :TG: Thanks for any help

As far as I know, instant blocking, and then 360 A works. However, I'm not sure about the specifics, as I can't pull it off yet... >_<

I suggest blocking, and blocking well. All jokes aside you really need to know your enemies pokes and what pressure strings they use and figure out (by frame data) which part of the pressure string has the most recovery frame and start IB that which gives you a +4 advantage on the ground, which means free punish or starting up a pressure string. Usually you want to focus on the last hit of a pressure string, but with like say ... rachael, if she does 5a ( you instant block it) and then follows it up with 5b, you can straight IB, backdash, punish.