Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bashoomba

[CSE] Jin Help! The "I'm a n00b seeking advice" thread.

you are holding down the C button when you do 214B. Make sure you let go of C.

I know this thread hasn't been used in awhile...but I've been playing Jin for a few weeks now and I'm starting to branch off into more combos. I've started learning combos that have j.2C/j.C > j.D > AD > j.2C. I manage to pull off the j.D > AD but when the j.2C connects it doesn't combo. Any tips/suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

If this question has bee answered previously and I haven't seen it, I apologize XP

What is the use of Jin's overhead in CS2? You used to be able to cancel into a sekkajin combo, but that doesn't seem possible anymore. I have tried most of his specials and normals, and nothing seems to combo from his 6A. Right now this moves seems pointless, as it just hits them, does next to no damage, and they are back to a crouch block. Am I missing something here? Please don't tell me everyone can just crouch block Jin into oblivion now if they have a decent anti-air.

5B gattles into 6A now, so jin actually has a real mixup now, rc it and you get ~3k midscreen and ~4k in corner, has more use and safe on block now at the very least

Dude...abuse the fact Jin builds meter FAST. use the 623B 214C ender and you will have 50 meter alot more often, his CS2 overhead is the most scary it has ever been.

Jin needs to be super conservative with his meter use now imo(less flagrant use of 236D spacing), but he has the tools to do 3-4k meterless pretty much anywhere...

Best uses of meter for Jin now are:

RC 6A into launcher combo

Going for the kill with a simple combo into 75 heat D ice car to 632146C midscreen or 632146D corner

Counter Assaults

RC reset pressure (ice car high-low crossups, etc)

623D for the quick DP

I am seeing less and less of the standard 5B > 5C > IAD 236D shenanigans...has it gone out of style?

Hello all, I'm brand new to the forums and just started playing bbcs2 a week ago, Jin interested me right off the bat so that's who I'm going with so far.

I have a really basic question for the Jin players, in general what is the basic mindset for playing Jin? he seems very balanced and he seems to have good range on his pokes but I don't feel like I understand how to play him yet. I feel lost playing this game in general atm Lol, it's so much different from ssf4 but I'm enjoying it so far.

I was working on challenge mode last night, and I'm having quite a bit of difficulty doing the first combo in mission 4. I'm not sure if it's video lag or something, but it almost seems like I have to input these combos very quickly, in a row, before even the first animation finishes. I'm having trouble finishing the combo after the jumping C attack. I can do the second jump cancel, but it seems like I can't reach Bang with my jd.C because he's moving too fast horizontally. Does anyone have any advice for this? Are all the aerial combos this tight in their timing?

@ Jyosua

The timing isn't much of the issue, it's all about getting your jump cancel off as soon as you hit them with J.c. Trying to input the commands before the previous animation ends will leave you with nothing with this combo string. As soon as you hit them with J.c you have to jump cancel right into J.2c. It takes a bit of practice to get that down so don't get discouraged. Once you get that going, everything else will be pretty easy for you.

Well I was able to successfully get past that particular one, although it may have been a fluke. I ended up doing a longer combo with 2 j.C's before the j.2C, because that was easier for me, and it still counts as a success.

Now I'm looking at the combos page, and I'm practicing on my PS3 in training mode. I am trying to do 5B (2) > 5C > 623B > 6C > 6D > 6C > Dash > 5C > sj.2C > 214C (3224 damage) but I have no idea what to do at the sj.2C part... it doesn't look like the opponent is high enough in the air to merit a superjump, so I'm not sure why it's necessary. At the same time, if I do a normal jump cancel, the hits turn blue, so I know the opponent could break out of that in a match...

Also in 5B (2) > 5C > Sekkajin > 5C > 6C > Dash > j.C > j.2C > j.D > 6C > 214C (3054 damage) my 5C doesn't seem to hit after the sekkajin... I'm able to combo with sekkajin just fine in 5B (2) > 5C > Sekkajin > 6C > 2D > 6C > 214C (2780 damage), so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Advice? Thanks :)

@Jyosua: I haven't played in a few months so bear with me.

5B(2) > 5C > 623B > 6C > 6D > 6C > DC > 5C > sj.2C > 214C

The super jump j.2C is faster than normal jump j.2C, also in that given situation, if you were to do a normal jump, the j.214C would whiff.

5B(2) > 5C > Sekkajin > 5C....

You can't just hit 5C after the Sekkajin, you have to slightly dash into 5C, or it will whiff.

Haha, back to this thread, despite the fact I'll be learning entirely new stuff in less than a week. I figured I'd post my progress. XD I finally mastered:

5B(2) > 5C > 623B > 6C > 6D > 6C > DC > 5C > sj.2C > 214C

I'm trying to do:

2D > 6B > Sekkajin > 6C > 214C (2388 damage, 28 meter)

but for some reason the 6B throws off the sekkajin distance. Is there a trick to that?

Alright, doing that everything is fine except I'm whiffing with 214C... not sure if that's a time issue or if I'm not quite doing the initial portion correct.

Edit: Aha! Turns out there needs to be a slight pause between the last hit of sekkajin and the 6C input.

Sorry for the double-post, but I was attempting the following combos:

5B > 5C > DP B > (slightly delayed)2C > 6C > DP C > 5B > 5C > j.C > j.D > (dashing)5B > 5C > 3C > 214C

5B>5C>DP B>>5C>6C>DP C>>5A>5C>jc>J2C>JD>dash>5B>5C>3C>214C

And for some reason I can't get anything to hit red after 623C. It's almost as if the recovery for that move is just way too long. I imagine I could rapid cancel out of it, but that seems like a waste.

Just went through it again. Didn't see anything in this thread... I guess I'll look in some others.

Sorry for the double-post, but I was attempting the following combos:

5B > 5C > DP B > (slightly delayed)2C > 6C > DP C > 5B > 5C > j.C > j.D > (dashing)5B > 5C > 3C > 214C

5B>5C>DP B>>5C>6C>DP C>>5A>5C>jc>J2C>JD>dash>5B>5C>3C>214C

And for some reason I can't get anything to hit red after 623C. It's almost as if the recovery for that move is just way too long. I imagine I could rapid cancel out of it, but that seems like a waste.

I would actually recommend that you do 5B > 5C > DP B > dashing 5C > 6C > DP C > 5A > 5C > 2C > j.D > dashing 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C instead of the above. The timing for DP C > 5B is too tight, I really only do the 5B variant combo on Hazama, Lambda, and Makoto because of their huge air hit-boxes.

I would actually recommend that you do 5B > 5C > DP B > dashing 5C > 6C > DP C > 5A > 5C > 2C > j.D > dashing 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C instead of the above. The timing for DP C > 5B is too tight, I really only do the 5B variant combo on Hazama, Lambda, and Makoto because of their huge air hit-boxes.

I've tried both, but for some reason I don't have enough time to dash cancel after the DP C. I'm in training mode against ragna, and he hits the ground like a millisecond after the sheathing sound. Am I supposed to delay one of the combo inputs?

Umm, you're not supposed to dash cancel anything in this combo, you just do dashing 5C but no dash cancels.

You have to dash a set distance after DP B and then do 5C. The DP loop from a 5B/2B starter is one of Jin's most difficult combos, it's going to be tough for you since I'm assuming that you're fairly new to BB(?).

Well, what you posted is slightly different then the thread I was looking at: They had a dash after DP C.

I can do up to 5B > 5C > DP B > dashing 5C > 6C > DP C without any trouble. But I can't seem to land that 5A. Is the distance I dash after DP B set in stone so that if I don't dash the proper distance, the height of the opponent won't be correct, preventing me from landing the 5A?

As far as my newness to BB, yes and no. I've been around since Calamity Trigger, but I've never really truly tried to get very good at the game until now. Back then I made due with reading opponents moves and using small combos. Now I get destroyed online and in tournaments, so I'm trying to become really good at it. I've learned a bunch of combos, but the two things I'm working on now are corner combos and getting better at jump cancel strings (i.e. I currently suck at them).

Well, what you posted is slightly different then the thread I was looking at: They had a dash after DP C.

The combos in that thread are a bit outdated, I was the one that posted that DP C combo that you linked way back when we first got our hands on CSII lol.

I can do up to 5B > 5C > DP B > dashing 5C > 6C > DP C without any trouble. But I can't seem to land that 5A. Is the distance I dash after DP B set in stone so that if I don't dash the proper distance, the height of the opponent won't be correct, preventing me from landing the 5A?

Yes, you have to dash a set, specific distance after DP B in order to link into 5A and it varies depending on how far you are to the corner.

As far as my newness to BB, yes and no. I've been around since Calamity Trigger, but I've never really truly tried to get very good at the game until now. Back then I made due with reading opponents moves and using small combos. Now I get destroyed online and in tournaments, so I'm trying to become really good at it. I've learned a bunch of combos, but the two things I'm working on now are corner combos and getting better at jump cancel strings (i.e. I currently suck at them).

Ah, the days when I couldn't even do something as simple as 5C > 6C > DC > 5C. That was Calamity Trigger for me, the first fighting game that I took seriously. Good luck on your way to get better. As far as jump cancel strings go, I would advice that you use them with moderation. People with decent reflexes can jab you out of the air. You're better off practicing your hit-confirms off 5B and using that as a way to reset pressure since it's neutral on block.

The combos in that thread are a bit outdated, I was the one that posted that DP C combo that you linked way back when we first got our hands on CSII lol.

Normally I'd say "Someone should update them then!", but I'll be getting Extend soon so it won't matter. XD At this point I'm merely practicing combos for execution technique, nothing more.

Yes, you have to dash a set, specific distance after DP B in order to link into 5A and it varies depending on how far you are to the corner.

Well damn, I've been practicing with the training dummy all the way in the corner, and me right next to him. I sincerely doubt that will be the case in a match, which is going to make this obscenely difficult...

Ah, the days when I couldn't even do something as simple as 5C > 6C > DC > 5C. That was Calamity Trigger for me, the first fighting game that I took seriously. Good luck on your way to get better. As far as jump cancel strings go, I would advice that you use them with moderation. People with decent reflexes can jab you out of the air. You're better off practicing your hit-confirms off 5B and using that as a way to reset pressure since it's neutral on block.

Ah, I guess I was lucky. I've been dash cancelling since I began the game. I actually didn't know that was a type of cancelling; hell I didn't even know what a cancel was back then. I simply like moving as fast as possible, so I ALWAYS dashed.

As far as jump canceling, even when the hits counter is still red? In particular I'm trying to end a combo with 2D>6C>dash>5C>jc.C>jc.2C>214C. The diagonal jump cancel needed to do the j.2C>214C always screws me. I sometimes wish I had a button solely for the 9 direction input, because it nearly always misreads it as 8 or 6, and when it doesn't I don't press 2 in timeand end up entering a second j.C. That combo still works that way, but does less damage.