Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bashoomba

[CSE] Jin Help! The "I'm a n00b seeking advice" thread.

It eventually becomes something that you can "feel" and you won't have to rely on any sensory cues. Just keep on practicing it, it's not that difficult.

I still mash C, but yeah... I don't use any cues anymore. Learning it by watching the hits counter is fine, but after practicing it enough, it's no longer necessary. It's not like you could do that mid-fight anyhow.

Hello Dustloop!

I just want to start off by saying that I'm new to both the BlazBlue(which i'm lovin') and DustLoop community. My brother recommended me to this site for any help BlazBlueCS2 related. I'm not entirely new to fighting games, but I've never played competitively or online.

Anyway after trying out all the characters the one I found most "comfortable" was Jin, and so to get better with him I thought it would be best to practice with no one else but him. I don't play online, but I plan to when and if I get good enough(I usually join as a spectator to see how the online competition is).

I've had the game for 2 weeks now and can pretty much handle myself against all computer difficulties(besides Hell..haven't played it yet), but I'm not sure if that's anything impressive.

I've only learned two sort bnb's so far which I believe are given through the tutorial modes:

j.C> 2D> 6B> C> 2C> 3C > 214B

&

B> C > 2C > 3C > 214D > 6C > 214D (Not sure if this is practical seeing that it uses so much Heat)

...I sometimes alter the combos but they are all pretty short lol. I tend to use j.B as an anti-air btw

And yes I plan to learn the longer/harder bnbs ;P

I want to prepare myself for online (Not sure if the CPU is the proper way xP) and was looking for some advice on how to effectively use Jin.

I usually start off the match with mashing C (the freezing attack..sorry for not knowing its correct name) and then attack from there on.

I know where to look on Dustloop for combos/bnb's, but I'm mostly looking for effective tactics or the "right" mentality I should have using Jin..I tend to zone a lot.

Hope to hear from you guys!

1) Never use combos from challenge mode as they're either impractical or just crappy in general.

2) Don't start your matches with 5D, if anything start SOME matches with 5C.

You've got a loooooooong way to go but you're at the right place.

Here's the plan for you:

1) Get familiar with every single one of your attacks. Know their basic properties, their range, their recovery, etc.

2) Learn combos from our combo thread. They will take a bit of practice but it sure is better than practicing crap combos from challenge mode.

3) Learn how to pressure your opponent and how to hit-confirm attacks.

Read all of the stuff from the wiki so that you can get more familiar with Jin: http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jin_Kisaragi_%28BBCSE%29

Hello, i am also a new noob Jin, i have just begun seriously playing Blazblue with no fighting game history but i try my best to study the information provided upon this website.

So while i was in the mixup section i ran into this line "2A x n > dash > 2A x n " and i was wondering what x n means?

And i was also wondering do we have any videos demonstrating the combos in the combo thread?..thanks

Something x N means to repeat a certain move for as long as you're able to. 2A x n would mean that you would use 2A until the pushblock kicks in, at which point you'll want to dash back in and repeat your 2A pressure.

Sorry, no videos as of now. We really procrastinated this time around but once Chrono Phantasma gets released, I will make sure that a combo tutorial is up and running as soon as possible. It's a bit too late for a video tutorial for this game due to it being on its dying stage.

If you have a question regarding a certain combo, I'll try to help to the best of my ability.

@Neptune

You don't really need to zone when using Jin. Use 50/50 mixup and punish mistakes and keep relatively good pressure to win with Jin.

#THE BEST ATTACK CAN BE YOUR BEST DEFENSE