Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special-K-

Zappa AC Combos

ops. to clarify, it was in sword mode and it was listed as one of the viable combos under the "zappa love" seciton. zoo: thanks for the combos...i find that after i do the ksshs ghost frc that i am usually too far away to run back in to continue the combo.... i guess the best solution would be to limit it to 3 hits to decrease the pushback eh? or does this frc x n combo using 2k c.s far s hs ghost frc x n combo work?

find that after i do the ksshs ghost frc that i am usually too far away to run back in to continue the combo

You may just need to prime the dash. [5k 5s 5s 5hs 236s 6(FRC)6]xN if that helps. Make sure to watch out for the golf ball warning squiggles for extra long combo lulz.

Also with the sword, try 2k 2s 6hs swipe. It may be easier to connect then the 6p. If you settle for the 5hs you miss out on the awesome hi-low mixup altogether. It might be a bit less damage, can't check right now.

EDIT:2s was already suggested by Zoogstin.

Also with the sword, try 2k 2s 6hs swipe. It may be easier to connect then the 6p. If you settle for the 5hs you miss out on the awesome hi-low mixup altogether. It might be a bit less damage, can't check right now.

Going to disagree with that, 6P (IMO) is the best startup move with a sword combo. My B&B with the sword is 6P, 2S, 2HS... If you get the counterhit on the first move, they're airborne for the air combo. If you connect without counterhit, you can sword swipe or overdrive. If they block, note how they block, you may want to change the 2HS to 6HS, or after the first hit of the 2HS, JC jHS as a quick overhead.

I use the 5HS with 2K with some tension. For example, sometimes I'll run and catch the opponent with a quick 2K, I then immediately combo with 5HS (because the S moves trail and the 5HS resets). From there I note the position they are in while they get hit, often times they are crouching which is where I'll go 236S RC 66 2K, 5HS and perhaps a sword swipe at the end depending how deep you got. Great damage for having a 2K in there.

thanks for the great input guys. heres another question for ya all: is there anyway to connect multi frc combos in sword mode?? i have gotten something like 6p, 5hs sword swipe frc, 2s, 2hs, uppercut frc, before but cant seem to combo any further due to the pushback. i probably need to super jump after the frc to follow up into s,s,d. out of curiousity, how many time can one connect the 6h loop? i have done it up to 4 reps before but cant seem to squeeze in that 5th 6hs... :(. my setup is pretty default: usually something standard into edgy rc 6hs loop. and has anyone noticed that on some char like ky or venom u can actually connect two 6hs in a row after DA(k) in the corner? i am guessing thats pretty char specific but its hilarious nevertheless.

thanks for the great input guys. heres another question for ya all: is there anyway to connect multi frc combos in sword mode??

i have gotten something like 6p, 5hs sword swipe frc, 2s, 2hs, uppercut frc, before but cant seem to combo any further due to the pushback. i probably need to super jump after the frc to follow up into s,s,d.

I'm assuming you just want to make things look pretty because generally speaking you only need one FRC in any sword combo. Not to mention the sword FRCs are typically difficult except for the swipe.

out of curiousity, how many time can one connect the 6h loop? i have done it up to 4 reps before but cant seem to squeeze in that 5th 6hs... :(. my setup is pretty default: usually something standard into edgy rc 6hs loop. and has anyone noticed that on some char like ky or venom u can actually connect two 6hs in a row after DA(k) in the corner? i am guessing thats pretty char specific but its hilarious nevertheless.

I hardly ever use the loop, I just RC the Edguy all day and use jHS to dribble them across the screen. FROM DOWNTOWN!

I'm assuming you just want to make things look pretty because generally speaking you only need one FRC in any sword combo. Not to mention the sword FRCs are typically difficult except for the swipe.

I hardly ever use the loop, I just RC the Edguy all day and use jHS to dribble them across the screen. FROM DOWNTOWN!

I WON'T LEAVE A FRAGMENT OF YOUR BASKETBALL.

Don't you love it when you execute Edguy too early and get an OTG hit when they bounce on the floor? Always ruins combos :<

My favorite shenanigans to do lately is to just overwhelm them by unsummoning and resumonning randomly. Even if I'm doing awesome with a summon I'll go in to unsummon and then resummon for raouh or a new one, and force them to try to readapt to a new summon before they even know what to do with the other one. It's hilariously effective, surprisingly enough. Works great with combos because many of the summons can combo into unsummon if you do it right (S with sword will connect, 2HS at certain ranges into unsummon too; Ghosts can just lolmixup into it, and the dog has a million ways for it to work).

Hey guys. :] I've never posted in the combo thread before, but mainly i stream tons of sword combos and know several dog pressure strings. I feel pretty confident with those two summons as well as raoh, but sadly my triplets are seriously lacking. I was just woundering if someone could hook me up with a few combos or some advice for stringing them. I already know the pressure string and a few lifts that deal around 100damage but i'm not satisfied with that. XD any advice or combos would be greatly appreciated. :yaaay:

Ghosts are all about controlling space, not landing big combos. Keep them flying and exploding around until you get a chance to aircombo them and thendo their crazy meaty attack mixup.

ahhhh i see, than it seems that i guess im playing them right for the most part, pretty much my main style with the ghosts is controlling the field and pressuring them into the corner. Thanks Dangief. :yaaay:

yeah, pretty much the only standard combo is frc ghost toss for run in + more hits + knockdown.

yeah, pretty much my main centipede combo is 5p5p5p c.s f.s 5hs 236k (for some reason im not thinking thats the right direction atm XD) than i frc the throw and repeat and hope for ping pong balls and potted plants and just loop it. Than if they're against the wall i usually throw out 5p5p5s j5hs to keep on some sick pressure and alternate between the one previously posted and that. If ^ that one lands i will than proceed to do 5p5k c.s than j.i. p d. are those pretty solid or are their better combos to use or ways to improve them? sorry if im asking alot of question, im trying to get these threads bumpin! Spread some zappa love. :yaaay:

ah ok, im guessing the 5p's prorate the combo and nerf the damage im guessing? Regardless, what do you recomend throwing into the mix up besides 5p? I'm about to go mess around with that combo and see what i can come up with but i always like to hear everyones input when it comes to combos. :yaaay:

Hey guys, this morning when ever i was messing around with my triplet combos i decided to just burn through my combos a few times and accidentally hit an interesting catch with the dog that i found very interesting and rather effective as well. it has several different set ups and is very versatile, so i thought it would be really cool to see everyones variation of it. :yaay: the basic set up for the combo it: 2p2k 5d 2p2k 2d 2s 5hs 5s (in corner) the 2d should be executed directly before the 2s so it will chain and allow the 2hs to hit and combo. The timing is very awkward in my opinion due to the wind up on the 2d but i thought it was really cool. Not to mention you can make this stream unblockable if you can get the dog facing away from the corner, just like the unblockable set up, and turn this into your stream by throwing out a 5s to slip stagger them than 5d to cach them and than begin the combo. The combo ends up doing about 100 dmg and considering its fairly easy to pull of and has many different ways to actually lead into it i thought it was quite good and even stronger than the basic loop. I hope some of you guys find this as interesting as i did. :yaaay

I would like to start off by asking is this a blockstring into the dog's bite or a combo into the dog's bite?

actually it can be used as either, if they block the first part of the combo just start the 2d and than just do c.s f.s while its charging.

I'm thinking they can escape after the second 2K, and depending on how fast you bite it might just turn into a level 6 attack instead of the unblockable. Also the 5HS and 5Sf is awkward to input after each other. You'd probably be better off with a 6HS, if bitten you can throw the air combo in there.

that is possible, as of now i have Jakarta (morgan) at my house and we are about to play a ton of matches and im about to try it out. i have yet to do it in a match yet, but there is a video of eki-chan pulling this move off in a match and it seemed pretty legit. I will definitely post back and try to confirm if i can do this on Jakarta though. :yaaay: ahh i see, ill try that out and see if the damage is better one way or another. Is that a personal preference though or is it just a better way to do it? Also, the basic air combo is k s correct? than catch with 8d?

that is possible, as of now i have Jakarta (morgan) at my house and we are about to play a ton of matches and im about to try it out. i have yet to do it in a match yet, but there is a video of eki-chan pulling this move off in a match and it seemed pretty legit. I will definitely post back and try to confirm if i can do this on Jakarta though.

:yaaay:

ahh i see, ill try that out and see if the damage is better one way or another. Is that a personal preference though or is it just a better way to do it?

Also, the basic air combo is k s correct? than catch with 8d?

Got vid of eki?

And yea, it's been personal preference out of experience of playing Zappa since X2. Combo is jK, jS, 8D (which includes JC), jK, jS, 8D in Accent Core.

Well all moves prorate, it's just to what extent. I like using 2HS alot even if it prorates, because it has 2x stun and is a meaty as hell move, which works wonders alongside 2D.

Well all moves prorate, it's just to what extent. I like using 2HS alot even if it prorates, because it has 2x stun and is a meaty as hell move, which works wonders alongside 2D.

ahh i see, i love to end my combo with the dog with 2d 2hs than following up with an 8d and the than i aerial.

^.^

it seems to be rather effective, its good to know someone else feels the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9UoLrrFz8

check it out, its early on 0:14-0:20

i got the basic idea from there but he doesnt combo his 2 hs and his 2d, prob bc i found out it prorates,

lol

I think the reason he doesn't combo it is because of the recovery on the dog. The combo he does is:

5P, 2K+6D, 5P+4D, 2K+D, 5P, 2K, 5Sc, 2D, 5Sf.

The plus signs mean you need to input them nearly on top of the move's animation. It's hard to throw in 3 dog moves into the same combo string as he does here, but the dog dive is extra effective in corner combos.

Eki would have been better off combo'ing using 8D stuck in the 5Sf animation and then air combo'ing that but, I'm sure he was going for a knockdown and reset.

I think the reason he doesn't combo it is because of the recovery on the dog. The combo he does is:

5P, 2K+6D, 5P+4D, 2K+D, 5P, 2K, 5Sc, 2D, 5Sf.

The plus signs mean you need to input them nearly on top of the move's animation. It's hard to throw in 3 dog moves into the same combo string as he does here, but the dog dive is extra effective in corner combos.

Eki would have been better off combo'ing using 8D stuck in the 5Sf animation and then air combo'ing that but, I'm sure he was going for a knockdown and reset.

haha thats really interesting, i love zappa, all of his combos involving the dog really make me think and i love it.

that combo is really nice, it did nice damage and seemed to be very versatile, sadly the timing on that combo has be ridiculously precise.

:sad:

I guess it makes it all the more rewarding though if i can manage to get it down.

Haha yeah, Eki knows best.

:eng101: