Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sol Badguy Z AC

Suggested Tweaks and Oversights

You were being so antagonizing that 2/3rds of what you said made absolutely no sense.

We addressed all the Sol "buffs" I proposed.  90% of them were shot down objectively.  I'm okay with that.  I'm talking Faust in general if you forgot, not in terms of how Sol fights him.  Really, don't listen to Blade.  I might not play other characters, but I do recognize what's going on when I see the majority of the cast getting reckt by Faust. 

To sum up my reply to you in one word..... 

What?

The feeling are mutual and we here, 3 people laugh our ass off with 100% of your posts. So I'm not offended, you too, please don't be.

How do you people think about Ramlethal's situation. She was imbalanced before but 1.1 came out and crashed her harshly. Now she is hard to play and weak, seem really unfair. I believe buff the swords a little is the only way. She only need a bit of buff for her neutral to duke it out with the like of Faust and Ky. I mean every time she places a sword, it got shot down. This apply even when she already got her chance and advantage, but still not enough to stop a jump attack with good range and start up. Any thought on this?

This thread seriously reads almost exactly like a BlazBlue thread on /v/. All we need are people asking for lewd images of Makoto and Platinum.

Seriously though, as hilarious as this thread is, I don't really see the point of it. What were you trying to accomplish when you made the OP, SBZ? If you were trying to start a discussion about character balancing, this was a terrible way of going about it.

You were being so antagonizing that 2/3rds of what you said made absolutely no sense.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Replace Sol with Leo and I'll take your word for it at point blank.  And no, I meant his rushdown.  Playing against and watching many Faust players play, there seems to be very little in the way of safe options of getting him off of you.  Not only is it that only a split second is needed for him to have the screen advantage to get in for free, but his moves are made safe due to the quick recovery of his item toss, or going my way.  I don't care how random his item tosses are, the fact that he uses that move is an advantage for him, unless a candy bar/donut comes out, and considering the amount of items he can toss, there's not much chance of that happening. 

- He's got screen control

- Awesome recovery

- Hellride rushdown on cornered opponents

- All the benefits of a character who can reach across the entire screen with very little of the drawbacks (hurtbox bullshit)

- The ability to interrupt the opponent's offensive during their rightfully earned turn for spanking.

- 5 anti airs.  Standing kick, crouching kick, forward punch, and even dust.  He can even crawl, wait for landing recovery and throw the opponent.  Ridiculous.

With all this, why is there any question as to why he's top tier?  Why aren't more people complaining about him?

My problem isn't with him being able to keep opponent's off him through the use of his items (which to me, seems to be the main problem).  My problem comes in when that screen control just lets him waltz right up to you for free - hence why I think little faust should peace out halfway through the screen.  He can already hit you on the way down, but he also serves as a slow moving projectile that lets Faust act as wild as he wants to for as long as he's there.  He's got like 5 anti airs, and that's just no fuckin good.

Hopefully you mean defense raiting, because he has everything he needs to deal with pressure of all sorts.  And about the hurtbox thing....  Well, that was their design choice.  Don't make a big character if you can't hit them.  It's better than making a character deceptively smaller than he appears on the screen.

BRUH

I think the problem is that he has a little too much "going his way".  While I don't want to make Faust any less fun for Faust players to play, I think he DOES deserve to eat as much shit as he dishes out, and that scale seems unbalanced in his favor, hence why he's able to rank so high in the tiers.

Some people find Faust annoying to fight, but more people aren’t complaining about him because while he’s clearly very strong, he certainly isn’t the best character in the game, and all told, the game is pretty well-balanced. All of his screen control carries some risk, and everyone has answers to anything predictable Faust might do. 

Any character with a conventional anti-air 6P can use it to beat Faust’s f.S. Lot’s of characters can low profile f.S to make it whiff or even go under and punish it (Sol’s grand viper, for example). f.S also has 10 frames of startup and 18 frames of recovery- if you whiff, that’s a big commitment. 2HS is another long reaching move, but it’s even more of a commitment with a 14 frame start-up and a 25 frame recovery. If somebody decided to jump in on you or IAD, Faust is fucked (or at least forced to YRC to avoid getting wrecked). You also mentioned rerere, which is even a bigger commitment than 2HS, so again, it’s very risky to throw out in neutral (and the scalpel has a hurtbox- Slayer can 6P you out of it, etc.)

You mention his ‘5’ anti-airs, and Faust has very strong anti-airs, but this also means the Faust player has to think and know which anti-air to use in what situation (5K to beat IAD, 6P for a more conventional jump in, etc.). 

Some of the more reliable ways to get items on screen is canceling his far-reaching normals into item toss. As I explained above, all of those moves can be countered in various ways. If Faust just does raw item toss, he’s taking a risk. Between startup and recovery, item toss takes 23 frames, so unless your opponent is quite far away, you’re taking a risk. You’re choosing to spend 23 frames doing nothing to roll the dice on an item that may help you later. It’s a trade off- 23 frames of vulnerability for the possibility of a benefit later. 

Closing note- you specifically reference Faust being able to “rank so high in tiers” when he’s considered to be the same tier as Sol by many strong players. Why do you accept the tier list as proof of Faust’s strength yet completely ignore it when asking for Sol buffs?

While most of his changed were wrong, the sol jump D change is on the right track. Instead of untech time, I think you just want to change the recovery of it by a few frames less. You have to dustloop to play sol, it makes no sense as to why that combo is so hard

As a Potemkin player which have tried a lot of other character to figure out how to deal with them. I Also agree to the point that there are 2 char that seriously need some change(buff) now is Potemkin and Ramlethal, maybe Venom in addition because the system is now step by step ruining him.
Just a little or two buff now could make me really happy for my Zepp soldier, maybe not something super big like 2S Vacuum/ AC Heat+Slidehead or 6K Overhead comboable. But little things like 6P jump/special cancellable or 5P hitting crouchers is very welcomed. They took literally everything from Pot and give him a 6K combo tool which is goddamn hard to do, or a Hammerfall YRC shenanigan which everybody knows how to deal with now. I was sometimes very stressed when fighting good Sin player now, he can zone me to death, and by some reason i can apply a little pressure on him, he just backdashes to get away with a very little risk and everything come back to where it have been. It's not like fighting with reasonable bad-matchup like AC Tes/Eddie, when i have chances to apply my offense on them, they are forced to take huge risks to deal with my pressure and by some mean " forced to play my game"

Damn near every Faust player I've ever seen keeps their opponent cornered far longer than any expert Sol player - and keeping someone stuck in a single spot for a quite a while is something I consider rushdown.  Let us not confuse rushdown for lockdown, something Zato is known for.

>keeping someone stuck in a single spot is rushdown

>let's not confuse rushdown for lockdown

:rolleyes:

@Naka

"The feeling are mutual and we here, 3 people laugh our ass off with 100% of your posts. So I'm not offended, you too, please don't be."

You can keep laughing, I don't give a shit.  What I meant to say last night before crashing was that the trend seems to be that every time you seem to speak from your high horse scoffingly, you tend post illegible tripe, or irrelevant stuff.  Stay focused for goodness sakes.  Though I do find it hilariously ironic that you would tell me not to get offended while constantly bringing up the fact that you're laughing at me   I guess it's a good thing that I'm not anybody else, or I would be.

@mAceOfHearts

Seriously though, as hilarious as this thread is, I don't really see the point of it. What were you trying to accomplish when you made the OP, SBZ? If you were trying to start a discussion about character balancing, this was a terrible way of going about it.

Yeah, character balancing was the idea.  I may have underestimated the abilities of the design crew at Arc.  I should've tested a little more before offering some of these suggestions, but this has been addressed already.  The thread's topic has now taken on a slightly different approach, and anyone keeping up with it should be able to see that, else they (or you) are simply drive by shitposting.  I mean fuck, I get it now, shit.  How long do we want to continue beating the dead horse?  You can keep on if you like, but don't expect me to join you in entertaining the subject.

I guess I'd rather Sol play akin to how I'd want him to play, as I'm sick of running wild with risky behaviors.  I'd rather Sol played safer, with guaranteed combos.  If to balance Sol out, I'd have to give him an overall damage reduction, then so be it. 

Pot, meet Kettle.

Before making a statement like this, perhaps you should see if the logic follows.  The only thing close to antagonizing that I've done here was say that only scrubs complain about Sol's moves - as if they're absolutely the best or some shit.  He's got noticeable gaps in pressure that all good players exploit the living hell out of.  My sentences are well, if not decently, structured, since you know, I speak English.  I might not be getting my full intent across, but it's still discernible.

@zissou

Closing note- you specifically reference Faust being able to “rank so high in tiers” when he’s considered to be the same tier as Sol by many strong players. Why do you accept the tier list as proof of Faust’s strength yet completely ignore it when asking for Sol buffs?

I think I can dismiss the majority of your posts not only because the things you've mentioned have already been addressed, but because you clearly aren't keeping up with the thread if you think I'm still on the Sol stuff.  90% of that stuff has been proven to be too much for him to have, and that I'm fine with, if someone has a good argument. 

The fact that he has 5 .... 6 now.... anti airs does NOT mean he has to use them ALL in specific situations, but that he has more than one option to use in specific cases.  Mostly, it seems that a few of the other anti airs can be used in place of forward punch depending on HOW he wants to react to that situation, where as standing kick seems to be the only thing with a specific use..... maybe forward hardslash too, since his head now count's as a friggin hitbox for some reason.

@CWheezy

While most of his changed were wrong, the sol jump D change is on the right track. Instead of untech time, I think you just want to change the recovery of it by a few frames less. You have to dustloop to play sol, it makes no sense as to why that combo is so hard

You know, you're probably right.  I might have suggested a change on the wrong parameters of that move.

@greatfernman

>keeping someone stuck in a single spot is rushdown

>let's not confuse rushdown for lockdown

Read as "I want to hold all tones/lines of the conversation in the same context".  Rushdown and lockdown both keep you stuck but there's an OBVIOUS difference.  Perhaps I should start doing the same thing as you guys who are ridiculing me - just reply to point out something wrong but not explain a damned thing.  So I won't explain the difference.  You'll still be laughing, but it'll be out of ignorance... which in turn, would cause me to be the one entertained.  *shrug*

Rushdown doesn't keep you stuck. :/

Also j.D having having less recovery is worse (edit: oh worse as in worse a change because it buffs him more, so better depending on your pov) than more untech time. Higher attack level makes it safer on block and more combo potential/easier to combo. Less recovery does all that and makes it safer on whiff.

@zissou

I think I can dismiss the majority of your posts not only because the things you've mentioned have already been addressed, but because you clearly aren't keeping up with the thread if you think I'm still on the Sol stuff.  90% of that stuff has been proven to be too much for him to have, and that I'm fine with, if someone has a good argument. 

The fact that he has 5 .... 6 now.... anti airs does NOT mean he has to use them ALL in specific situations, but that he has more than one option to use in specific cases.  Mostly, it seems that a few of the other anti airs can be used in place of forward punch depending on HOW he wants to react to that situation, where as standing kick seems to be the only thing with a specific use..... maybe forward hardslash too, since his head now count's as a friggin hitbox for some reason.

I'm saying there is some logical disconnect here. You want Faust nerfs because he is considered high tier- so apparently character tier alone sufficient justification for nerfing. Shouldn't the opposite be true as well? I.e., 'not buffing' because a character is already considered high tier? If someone requested a long list of Zato or Millia buffs, no one actually has to address that person's points. The only refutation you need is "those characters are already the best in the game."

Since you didn't respond to the stuff about the weaknesses you can exploit in Faust's ranged game, I guess I can assume you agree with what I was saying? Also, 6HS acting as an anti-air is a happy accident at best, and 5D is not an anti-air either- not sure why you keep bringing it up.

greatfernman

Rushdown doesn't keep you stuck. :/

Okay.

Also j.D having having less recovery is worse (edit: oh worse as in worse a change because it buffs him more, so better depending on your pov) than more untech time. Higher attack level makes it safer on block and more combo potential/easier to combo. Less recovery does all that and makes it safer on whiff.

Is that the only issue?  That he might be able to be more safe with a faster recovery j.D?  It's already not something that's really punishable in the first place, how is this worse?  It'll still have the tripguard too, which is one of the worst problems that that move has.  Without a clear example of how it affects combo potential either, there seems to be no problem.

zissou

Seriously, dude, read my responses to other people regarding my nerf list for Faust.  The only nerfs I really want him to have is a bigger hurt box on his float stun and something to be done about that shorthop nonsense.  All the other stuff has been addressed.

And as far as his ranged game, welp....  Count the number of times it goes punished in high level matches and the number of times it's actually been the final hit of the match.  Then come back to me with that expected look of amazement.

You should explain your definition of rushdown because we don't seem to agree on it. Deadass, rushdown doesn't keep you stuck. Idk how to explain it, rushdown is rushdown. You run at the opponent and get in. It implies nothing about how long the opponent has to sit there are hold your pressure.

Also I dont think safer on whiff j.d is that much of a problem, I'm just saying if higher attack level j.d is unwarranted why give him something that gives almost everything higher attack level gives and more?

I'm gonna totally agree with the two nerf and add in tweaks for others top characters to balance them out. The list go like this

Faust:

Even bigger hurt box on the air
FDC can only be done at the top height of his jump

Sol

Reduce untech time of his follow up kick after uppercut. So no knock down from air combo.
Make fafnir into #R version.

Millia:

Orb disappeared when got hit or block.
The pin need at least 400 frames cool down to pick up.

Elphelt:

Shotgun moves piority go down at least one level each.
Pineberry is now hit both character.

Zato-one:

Even more cooldown on eddie gauge.
Damage reduction to about 70%.

It's cool guy. I can make a wish list too. Make these top into trash | low tier character. They don't deserve to win in range and close combat, should not be able to combo or mix-up.

Remove

greatfernman

You should explain your definition of rushdown because we don't seem to agree on it. Deadass, rushdown doesn't keep you stuck

No, I'm sick of these halfassed hit and run replies, so it's high time I started resorting to it myself.

Also I dont think safer on whiff j.d is that much of a problem, I'm just saying if higher attack level j.d is unwarranted why give him something that gives almost everything higher attack level gives and more?

I don't know what the hell a higher attack level is.  I only use universal or intuitive fighting game terms, not something that's game specific.  If I have to read a definition on it, or use something as a point of reference, then I'm probably not going to do it.  Ever notice I never use that stupid number pad notation?  Where as more float stun makes new more damaging combos possible, I don't see how recovery, with the same a mount of float stun, will do the same.  It'll make things derpier, of course, but not by much.  It wouldn't take a lot to make a dust loop combo easier without making it unfair.

Since you mentioned you haven't looked at or learned frame data, learning frame data would help you know when is a good time to attack or jump out or do anything. Hurtbox doesn't matter if your move is faster simply because you'd have a move that's active and they wouldn't by nature of their move still being in start up. Hurtbox matters more in situations where there's potential to trade. Active hitbox matters in spacing.

Also, using high levels of play as reference might not be good for you if you don't understand what's going on in the first place. Plus, if you're complaining about blocking Faust's pressure, how do you deal with pretty much any other character in the game?

From how you're speaking you don't even understand half the game. So it sounds more like not a match up problem persay and more like a player problem. It's hard to make sound suggestions if you don't understand what's going on.

Instead of getting defensive, it might be a good idea to actually read people's posts and ask questions if they say things you don't get. It would probably help you more than anything.

Kuuhaku

Well that seems to be what you beleive about me based on how you're reading this or if I poorly worded something.  I have an easier time dealing with Zato, Millia, and Venom pressure than I do bedman or faust.  Perhaps it's best not to make assumptions about my skill based on your understanding of what I'm saying?  Or are you the type of person who thinks that one cannot theorize correctly if they don't play as well - kinda like saying I can't judge artwork if I can't draw. 

Instead of getting defensive, it might be a good idea to actually read people's posts and ask questions if they say things you don't get. It would probably help you more than anything.

Getting defensive?  Once it's been shown that they're willing to just jump into the thread and state things that have already been addressed or object but don't explain themselves, I think it's fair for me to dismiss them - at this point I've revealed a prime example of how to troll me in this thread, so it's best if I don't bite.  I'm considering them as trolls as that point.

EDIT:  I find it highly telling just how funny Karma is regarding Steve H, as nobody has addressed the changes he proposed for Ky, despite being one of the best Ky's on the east coast.  You'd think he was a scrubby too if you heard the way he talks shit about his own character.  "WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME" according to him.

EDIT2:  I appreciate the advice.  But don't assume.  I probably complain more than I should.

greatfernman

You should explain your definition of rushdown because we don't seem to agree on it. Deadass, rushdown doesn't keep you stuck

No, I'm sick of these halfassed hit and run replies, so it's high time I started resorting to it myself.

I don't know what the hell a higher attack level is.  I only use universal or intuitive fighting game terms, not something that's game specific.  If I have to read a definition on it, or use something as a point of reference, then I'm probably not going to do it.  Ever notice I never use that stupid number pad notation?  Where as more float stun makes new more damaging combos possible, I don't see how recovery, with the same a mount of float stun, will do the same.  It'll make things derpier, of course, but not by much.  It wouldn't take a lot to make a dust loop combo easier without making it unfair.

Firstly: I edited to explain my definition of rushdown. Rushdown legitimately does not keep you locked down. But it is, granted, a definition thing, so I was thinking maybe you think pressure is part of rushdown, so I wanted to know. But sure, if you want to dismiss it go ahead.

Secondly: if you don't know game specific terminology and design then how do you think you can suggest changes for the actual game??? Do you not understand how ridiculously stupid that makes you sound.

Also just think about it. If something is +1 on hit and you give it 4 more frames of hitstun it's+5. If you reduce recovery by 4 frames its STILL +5
The same new combos you get would be possible

On Tuesday, September 08, 2015 11:15:13, Sol Badguy Z AC said:

For a Guilty Gear player who's played so long, it seems as if you don't know how GG reacts sometimes.

11 hours ago, Sol Badguy Z AC said:

You're correct.  I haven't seen the frame data.  But I've addressed this in a previous post, and hell no, I don't WANT to block any more shit from Faust.

32 minutes ago, Sol Badguy Z AC said:

Why are you proposing balance changes when you don't understand the meaning of a property that every single move in the game has and you don't look up frame data for stuff you're trying to change? And failing to see how lesser recovery with same untech leads to more combos, but at the same time seeing how same recovery but more untech leads to more combos.

Kuuhaku

Well that seems to be what you beleive about me based on how you're reading this or if I poorly worded something.  I have an easier time dealing with Zato, Millia, and Venom pressure than I do bedman or faust.  Perhaps it's best not to make assumptions about my skill based on your understanding of what I'm saying?  Or are you the type of person who thinks that one cannot theorize correctly if they don't play as well - kinda like saying I can't judge artwork if I can't draw. 

Getting defensive?  Once it's been shown that they're willing to just jump into the thread and state things that have already been addressed or object but don't explain themselves, I think it's fair for me to dismiss them - at this point I've revealed a prime example of how to troll me in this thread, so it's best if I don't bite.  I'm considering them as trolls as that point.

EDIT:  I find it highly telling just how funny Karma is regarding Steve H, as nobody has addressed the changes he proposed for Ky, despite being one of the best Ky's on the east coast.  You'd think he was a scrubby too if you heard the way he talks shit about his own character.  "WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME" according to him.

EDIT2:  I appreciate the advice.  But don't assume.  I probably complain more than I should.

More like if you're having issues dealing with certain situations, did it ever occur to you that lack of knowledge (IE: What's going on which can be answered by knowing how to read frame data and knowing what things like Attack levels are) might be why? Instead of dismissing it, if you truly don't know it would be to your benefit to learn.

zissou

Seriously, dude, read my responses to other people regarding my nerf list for Faust.  The only nerfs I really want him to have is a bigger hurt box on his float stun and something to be done about that shorthop nonsense.  All the other stuff has been addressed.

And as far as his ranged game, welp....  Count the number of times it goes punished in high level matches and the number of times it's actually been the final hit of the match.  Then come back to me with that expected look of amazement.

I'm curious what responses I missed. I've read all of your posts since the one I originally responded to and I don't see you acknowledging the things you say you are. You made claims on the page 4 of the thread about Faust's 'awesome recovery' and 'all the benefits of a character who can reach across the entire screen with very little of the drawbacks' but I didn't see you saying 'oh, I see there are ways around Faust's ranged game' or anything like that, which is why I responded to that point.

The hurtbox thing is what it is. Lots of weird character-specific combos is a guilty gear thing in general and applies to everybody. If hurtboxes (during combos) were more standardized (though character weight and stuff matters too), it might actually help Faust. As a Faust player, I have combos that only work (or are far more consistent on) other Fausts. I looked at the first page of the Pot combo thread, and there are a bunch of combos that only work on Faust and only a handful of others.  

You call using his drill his 'shorthop' but it's for specific situations (like against certain low attacks) and is pretty easily anti-aired (it doesn't have some crazy hitbox), and while it can be made safe by cancelling it into GMW, GMW itself is only safe if done below a certain altitude. This means if you block Faust's drill high enough, he has to delay the cancel into GMW until he his low enough for it to be safe, which means there is a gap and you can press a button. Of course, Faust can cancel earlier and catch you pressing said button, but then he's taking a gamble because if you didn't press a button, he's doing the GMW too high to be safe, which means you get a free punish.

Rushdown = Player X is constantly chasing down Player Y. The strategy here is you essentially want to eliminate space. IE Chipp

Lockdown = Player X is preventing Player Y from moving. The strategy here is to prevent Player Y from doing anything. IE Axl

If you think these two are the same you should probably step back and reassess your analysis.

EDIT: never mind, GFM nailed it with a blunt hammer.

greatfernman

Firstly: I edited to explain my definition of rushdown. Rushdown legitimately does not keep you locked down. But it is, granted, a definition thing, so I was thinking maybe you think pressure is part of rushdown, so I wanted to know. But sure, if you want to dismiss it go ahead.

Okay, you're coming at me with this half baked definition, and you're getting on MY case about how I state or define things?  I think it's a fairly simplistic thing, and I guess you may be right, I may be confusing the official terms of pressure and rushdown, but so far as I understand, rushdown are the strings you put together to stay in.  Lockdown is an extreme example of rushdown, where the opponent has pretty much been either outread the entire time, or forced into a defensive for a long amount of time due to bullshit.

Secondly: if you don't know game specific terminology and design then how do you think you can suggest changes for the actual game??? Do you not understand how ridiculously stupid that makes you sound

To a fool of an idiot, I would sound ridiculously stupid - in which case, I have nothing to worry about.  There are universal fighting game terms that apply to everything if you didn't notice.  Not knowing something doesn't make anyone stupid, and at best makes them sound ignorant.  Know the difference.

Kuuhaku

More like if you're having issues dealing with certain situations, did it ever occur to you that lack of knowledge (IE: What's going on which can be answered by knowing how to read frame data and knowing what things like Attack levels are) might be why? Instead of dismissing it, if you truly don't know it would be to your benefit to learn.

I just go into training mode and see when I can attack, and how fast they can block after doing X.  I still assert that you're making assumptions by the way I sound talking about this stuff.  Again, I complain a lot.

I'm not making this about learning terms.  That's irrelevant.

Hollysmoke

Rushdown = Player X is constantly chasing down Player Y. The strategy here is you essentially want to eliminate space. IE Chipp

Lockdown = Player X is preventing Player Y from moving. The strategy here is to prevent Player Y from doing anything. IE Axl

If you think these two are the same you should probably step back and reassess your analysis.

Term confusion means I should reassess everything I stated?  Despite the fact that it still applies?  This makes sense to you?

real talk this game's balance is fine for me. yeah there are things that i don't like about cretin characters but i suck it up. its a great game overall and fun to play

I'm curious what responses I missed. I've read all of your posts since the one I originally responded to and I don't see you acknowledging the things you say you are. You made claims on the page 4 of the thread about Faust's 'awesome recovery' and 'all the benefits of a character who can reach across the entire screen with very little of the drawbacks' but I didn't see you saying 'oh, I see there are ways around Faust's ranged game' or anything like that, which is why I responded to that point.

Someone other than me responded earlier about Faust bullshit and I haven't seen a need to provide input.  I believe some of you simply downplayed his statements, and therefore I thought okay, no point going any further with that.  Probably faust bias :P

The hurtbox thing is what it is. Lots of weird character-specific combos is a guilty gear thing in general and applies to everybody. If hurtboxes (during combos) were more standardized (though character weight and stuff matters too), it might actually help Faust. As a Faust player, I have combos that only work (or are far more consistent on) other Fausts. I looked at the first page of the Pot combo thread, and there are a bunch of combos that only work on Faust and only a handful of others.  

No character in any of the guilty gears has had a hurtbox like XRD Faust where he can reach lower to attack than he can get punished.  You guys keep bringing this shit up about other character's hitboxes, and I refuse to acknowledge the strawman.  Where as changing your combo to deal with specific character's weights and etc is one thing, characters missing combos from anti airs because his big bendy ass contracts upward into nothing is another.  He's the only character in the game that does that.

You call using his drill his 'shorthop'

OMFG.  Seriously?  Seriously?  I've refered to his drill as a drillkick, or a divekick.  I refered to 'that other thing' - which you should know what I'm talking about as a "faust player" - as a shorthop.  Hell, even Chipp can only stop his air momentum and fall back down.  Faust legitimately has a shorthop that can be used as an option select theoretically.