Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drem

AH3LM PC Release Interest Check

So far, I haven't ran into any issues thus far. As for sticks, I only used mine in 360 mode. I'll switch it to PS3 and see what happens.

That's good to hear. I assume it's exactly the same as the console version aside from the addition of resolution options in the option menu? I was hoping they'd add the ability to turn off link animations during versus mode, replacing them with the static pictures. For some reason you couldn't seem to do that in LM despite being able to turn them off in vanilla.

That's good to hear. I assume it's exactly the same as the console version aside from the addition of resolution options in the option menu? I was hoping they'd add the ability to turn off link animations during versus mode, replacing them with the static pictures. For some reason you couldn't seem to do that in LM despite being able to turn them off in vanilla.

Actually, you can try to force it as an "Off" function in the game options.

I don't think AH3LM supports playing without sidebars. That was only in vanilla. 

Actually, you can try to force it as an "Off" function in the game options.

Which option? In Display there is "Set Link Animation to Default" which you can set to off but it doesn't do anything for offline versus since that mode doesn't have a "Screen" option at the stage select like, say, training mode. Offline versus always has the animations on the side. It always struck me as a weird behavior for the game. Have I been missing something all these years?

Edit: Actually, the game really needs a way to quickly restart a match. It would be nice if that was added to the PC version.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I would prefer to be able to not have the sidebars, but I'm pretty sure my main group of friends (who I don't play FGs all that often with anymore, but I digress) would hate it. They hated Melty Blood for having maids (moreso Hisui than Kohaku), so the link animations might be another massive turnoff. It didn't help me approach the game either (I wrote this off as moeblob fantasy until seeing Petra in the Steam trailer, and then "GUNS!" overrode my previous assessment)

On an unrelated note, am I right in thinking (from what I can gather off YouTube videos) that the combos are fairly chain/gatling based, rather than based on tight links?

The original AH3 console port had the option to remove the side bars and play completely widescreen but the game was designed at 4:3. The addtiional space on each side of the screen changes the game's spacing as well as the behavior of some moves (like Petra's bullets that bounce around the screen). 4:3 is tournament standard (not that you have a choice anymore).

About the combos, yeah, normals will usually chain together from lightest to strongest but, of course, depending on the combo you could have links in there too.

Are they 1f links, 2-3f links, or 4f+? Specifically Petra & Weiss, since I'm probably going to main one of them. 

Links aren't really important for either of those, or for most characters in general. Hard stuff tends to be more about adjusting your combo on the fly based on relative trajectories and distances than on link timing.

Hard stuff tends to be more about adjusting your combo on the fly based on relative trajectories and distances than on link timing.

Awesome, that's the best kind of hard stuff. Now I'm both excited and slightly scared (of netcode possibly being poor leading to no one playing).

No one to play online so I'm not able to test the net play. As for the controllers, the game works flawlessly with PS3 controllers (tested with my Quanba mods & Aquapazza HRap).

The port plays great for me. Netcode is good. Someone with more experience with the game will be able to tell if there are issues with character behavior or stats. Some notes below:

• Play the game in 720 resolution- going up to 1080 causes a lot of aliasing on everything on the screen.
  • Windowed mode only support 3 specific resolutions, maxing at 720. (As Miruku X noted earlier)
  • Full screen resolutions have [ARCADE] and [FULLSCREEN] versions. ARCADE gives you the arcade style sidebar portraits with the blinking animations.
  • Setting a 4:3 resolution does not remove side bars. It just shrinks the game screen.
  • When you play online, 2P has to use the keyboard at the character select screen. When the match starts you can go back to using your controller. Very weird glitch.
  • I spent a lot of time playing a friend who the game rated as a '2' latency and the connection was actually really great. The first couple of matches started good but would deteriorate, however all matches after that were pretty good. I'd like to imagine 3s and 4s are even better.

fullscreen feels like it doesn't run at full framerate, I had the same problem with +R on launch

fullscreen feels like it doesn't run at full framerate, I had the same problem with +R on launch

According to: https://twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/649055575645507584

#AH3LM Steam ver IMPORTANT INFO: if it runs slowly, go into display settings and change the resolution from 1280x720 FULL to 1280x720 ARCADE

Yeah, I know - check my reply to the tweet. Both Arcade and Full have the same exact problem. I didn't notice any difference between the two.

Massive difference in windowed.

EDIT: also I am dumb and just had someone check against the PS3 version, windowed runs too fast

Well, I've got it, and I'm impressed. The netcode feels okay (though I don't know enough to really judge), and the game overall feels enjoyable to play (only really tried Petra so far, but she's the reason I even took a second look at this. I would say "I think I'm in love" except I'm afraid someone might call the cops). I like the pacing and combo length, and everything seems to work about as intelligently as I'd hoped from watching tournament footage.

Here's hoping netplay remains active.

Also, disappointed at the lack of OST. I realize it wasn't in the page, so my fault for assuming ArcSys would do that for both published 3rd party and in-house developed games.

Got it and love it. Netplay is great. Runs smooth and fast. Looking forward to things like screenshotting, steam boards, and streams.

Just wanted to shake off the dust off of my DL account and thank MikuruX for making this happen! I went to AWA mostly for my GF's cosplay sake but I stumbled on the AH3 setup (havent played since CEO2012) and won a key for the game! Excited to try and pick up an anime game again after playing SF4 for 3 more years. Hopefully I will have some new perspectives this time around.

Just a heads up, Arc System Works has teamed up with the Video Games department at AWA to bring Arcana Heart 3 Love Max to the convention days before the release date. Sorry about plugging this in but it beats having to make a whole thread about it so I do apologize. I'll try to work out some stuff with ASW to see if I can do a giveaway of keys during the con or something for those who can't attend.