Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhydra

Who do you want to be the protagonist of BB 5?

Since central fiction will end the story of ragna, would you want an existing character or a new one to be the mc?

I'd like to see terumi as the mc and maybe show the real person behind him and his past

The completely original character, Blagna the Roodedge.

...Naoto?

Would love if Rachel became it, but since she's destined for audience tier, I'm thinking ragna will stay the protagonist somehow.

if not ragna, probably a successor of him, or a completely new character.

if I had to choose from the current cast, I think makoto would be a good pick.

Probably a brand new MC that hasn't been shown in the BB universe yet. Someone who is unrelated to any of the events so far, I really wouldn't want it to be any of the current cast of characters. In fact I don't want any of the current characters to even be in BB5. I want a completely new story with brand new characters XP

It just wouldn't feel right if the story moved on without Ragna ._.

Naoto's already the protagonist of Bloodedge Experience so idk.

I really want Rachel as the next main protag. I'd say Kokonoe but I'm still holding out hope for that manga that Mori mentioned many moons ago...

I'd say Terumi, but his story might not be very exciting since it'd just be him screwing up everyone's lives since he first appears from whatever pit of Hell that spawned him. But at the same time, that could be precisely why his story would be so good...

I dunno at this point, but I am really hoping Naoto becomes the protagonist of the series and Bloodedge Experience's plot receives more expansion. Either that, or just end the BlazBlue series and delve into the plots of the aforementioned manga and/or XBlaze a bit more in the form of a fighting game. Xblaze didn't seem to do very well as a visual novel, but I bet it'd do pretty well as a fighting game. Frankly I'd just like to see more of the Blazblue universe's characters in action. lol

People, but, I see only me naoto, for the central fiction plot, a little ''forced''?

From the little information I've read around on the internet, it seems that his presence is justified by '' person who comes from another world '' without adding other information.

I wish they had not only introduced to advertise novels bloodedge experience (and reading the wiki, the final part bloodedge exp 2 does not anticipated its presence in CF)

But, I realize that maybe it is too early to speak, but the introductory plot of naoto (if it really is that) I do not bode good.

As for the new MC, we would see a good Jin tormented by guilt for killing his brother ? (It would be fun to see XD )

or....the end ragna story is another lie of Mori?

PS: sorry for my bad english

I wouldn't be so quick as to pull in a completely fresh cast, folks. There are still a large number of loose ends that need to be tied up, and lord knows how many CF will leave behind by the end. I'd like to see the cast resolve whatever problems they can first. Just going to a fresh cast without some form of resolution is just bad writing, and if the cast is too fresh, it might as well not be BlazBlue, right?

Naoto? Mori has one game to sell me that he can pick up where Ragna left off where someone else wouldn't be capable. If he hijacks Ragna early, all bets are off; I'd like to see Ragna resolve his own crap, or at least make a wholehearted attempt, before the end, thank you very much.

Terumi? He and Hazama had three games in which to develop as a character, and all we've gotten is that (a) he masturbates to making others suffer, (b) practically everything he accomplishes is for his own benefit, (c) he gets frustrated, if not homicidally angry, when people interfere with his work, and (d) he is incapable of adjusting to an ever-changing world. He's a sociopath to the core, and thus incapable of development, something a protagonist (even a villainous one) must possess in order to be worthwhile. A story just about him messing with others? In my opinion, that'd be a waste of everyone's time.

Linhua? That joke was born around the time Rachel was observing her first iteration of the timeloop, and it was old even then. Even a timeskip would do nothing to correct it. On the subject, correcting said issues should take priority over any timeskip, unless it is clear nothing of note can be done without one. Spinoffspring or disciples should be kept out of the equation until such time comes. With the duds eliminated, let's continue.

I'd be okay with Rachel, but one has to wonder how seriously she'd take to the stage in that case. It'd be a learning experience, for sure.

Tsubaki'd be a more viable candidate, too, given how she has the potential to move beyond her foolish, black-and-white vision of the world, with Chronophantasma a good start and Centralfiction being a nice way to continue. Even then, the New Library would need some compassionate folks to lead the charge, and Kagura and Jin won't be able to do it themselves. Seeing that would be a treat. The same could be said for Jin, seeing how his life would carry on without Ragna; if the power of order defines his existence as "destroy Ragna", wouldn't the worth of his existence be defined by how he continues afterward?

Makoto, on the other hand? Sign me up. Even after everything that she's been through in-story, she still has lots of potential to develop, and we still know next to squat about her pre-Academy backstory, which could hold some significant secrets on how she became who she is, both during Heart to Heart and in the present day, as well as anchors to the present story's final resolution.

We know next to squat about half of the cast, so I don't think it's wise to shift focus suddenly to a character that's been there since the beginning after Ragna's has been done and over with. 

I'm going to assume this is going to be like how SNK does things; Ragna is no longer the focal character, but still plays a major role in future installments and any subsequent protagonist is related to him in some way. Think how K' from KOF2002 took over as the primary character, with Kyo being out of commission for most of the arc and still playing mostly a supporting role when he returns, but K' is a clone of Kyo and there's a bit of a dynamic between them. Same how Ash's primary targets were the Orochi treasure holders, which included Kyo.

So yea, we might be getting a new cast entirely.

I'd like to see Terumi get his origins expanded on, definitely. A novel or manga would be preferable for that in my opinion but I don't think I could see him as a protag for BB5 if that ever happens in the far far future.

Ok, even if Ragna's death manages to stick this time, (CPEX feels like a regret-based retcon.) I don't think the current cast can take the protagonist's mantle. (Or blood soaked coat) With a few exceptions.

Naoto - Duh. Naoto looks like a Ragna replacement no matter how you slice it. Unfortunately due to Arcsys "No export for you" policy, I have no idea of who he is and how Bloodedge Experience popped in the continuity like that. The fact that absolutely no one ever mentioned that Rachel apparently has a sister that don't dig clothes is lulzy, even though I can imagine why Rachel wouldn't commentate about her. But then again, I don't even know squat about BE.

Kagura - Gag reels aside, Kagura was one of the main forces in CP and he managed to do some impressive stuff like gathering half of the cast to help him (including containing Jin, Noel, Ragna and Tsubaki in the same room without copious amounts of bloodshed.) The way he managed to get his primary objective done and still get played by the main antagonist of the game leading into a bittersweet ending felt really familiar too.

Noel - I can easily see her getting to be Rachel's new favorite pawn. Well, unless Tsubaki stabs her like she asked.

Celica - Might suffer a case of too little, too dead, but she does have a tendency to suddenly pop in and steal the spotlight. Ragna revival plots anyone? Which leads us to...

Ragna - Rebel 2! Action! It's not like Mori never lied before. Isn't that how we got playable Celica in the first place?

Jin - Oddly enough, the last option. Will most likely go crazy and hunt down whoever the antagonist is because it messed with Nii-san and Tsubaki. Decent room for character development though, so it's not unfeasible.

I should be the next generation that will start BB5. Many of them are descendants of the previous character. Jin's and Tsubaki's kid, Litchi's and Bang's kid, Makoto's kid (don't ask) and maybe Nine's second kid. It is just ideas. Anyway, some time past so there is a new academy established. Noel will highly likely be a teacher there, thou she will be treated as a kid at time since doesn't age after awakening as Mu-12. I can imagine Noel getting angry and become Mu and blast all over the place.

Anyway, it is still too early. We will see how the story will end inf CF.

I don't think we'll get a new generation.
Did Guilty Gear ever got a 2nd generation? And it's around since forever

I think Naoto fits the "main character stereotype" even too well. So well I don't like him, but I can really see him becoming MC
Otherwise, either Noel (she is the brand main heroine  after all) or a whole new character
.Don't really know why they want to mess with the MC however. This whole "last chapter for Ragna" thing seems soooo easy to screw up if the next MC doesn't satisfy the die hard fans

Well after cf I think a new generation will do so new cast both good and evil because hey some old characters will return. I think a female protagonist would do just fine.