Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhydra

Who do you want to be the protagonist of BB 5?

BB5 should a new story, but still a continuation of the previous arc. New generation of characters is obvious a go. Some returning characters is fine as long it isn't too many (making references is ok), but they have to be weaved to the plot. Jin's and Tsubaki's kid will definitely be part of the new cast (through would be nice have a sibling).

I'm personally in the Jin and Tsubaki's kid camp. Partly because of shipping reasons and partly because it's the best way to have the main character still be connected to the previous cast. I can't see any of the current cast becoming the protagnist since most of their stories have ended. Jin can no longer fight, Noel is living a peaceful life etc. I doubt we're going to follow Naoto in the main series. While his story is far from over, he is a spin-off character and his journey will remain told in spin-offs. The only person in the cast that might have protagonist potential is Rachel since the epilogue shows her starting a journey to reunite with Ragna but at this point she's near-powerless so I don't see her being the lead in a fighting game or such. A brand new protagonist is possible but I'd prefer to have the main character maintain a link to what has come before. There's bound to be a whole bunch of unconnected new characters anyway.

On January 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Ogiga99 said:

I'm personally in the Jin and Tsubaki's kid camp. Partly because of shipping reasons and partly because it's the best way to have the main character still be connected to the previous cast. I can't see any of the current cast becoming the protagnist since most of their stories have ended. Jin can no longer fight, Noel is living a peaceful life etc. I doubt we're going to follow Naoto in the main series. While his story is far from over, he is a spin-off character and his journey will remain told in spin-offs. The only person in the cast that might have protagonist potential is Rachel since the epilogue shows her starting a journey to reunite with Ragna but at this point she's near-powerless so I don't see her being the lead in a fighting game or such. A brand new protagonist is possible but I'd prefer to have the main character maintain a link to what has come before. There's bound to be a whole bunch of unconnected new characters anyway.

Well in a past interview mori seems to implie that Hazama,relius,es,and naoto would be returning in sequels like traveling to other worlds would be fun. I think the kid should be girl and be based on ruby rose from Rwby and frisk from undertale because we need a female protagonist and also because to constract ragna.

I believe it was Rachel who indicated that Carl Clover would be the next protagonist.  She said this to Carl way back during Calamity Trigger.

5 hours ago, Blade said:

I believe it was Rachel who indicated that Carl Clover would be the next protagonist.  She said this to Carl way back during Calamity Trigger.

Yeah but now he is becoming a villain instead.

"Omni-tagonist" might be a better description.  Since he did assist Platinum with getting a new body.

He gives me the impression of being someone akin to Black Butler's Ciel Phantomhive.

3 hours ago, Blade said:

"Omni-tagonist" might be a better description.  Since he did assist Platinum with getting a new body.

He gives me the impression of being someone akin to Black Butler's Ciel Phantomhive.

Helping Platinum does not make him a protagonist. While the action might be considered "good" by us, Carl was doing it entirely for selfish reasons. He wanted to learn more about artificial bodies and souls, that's it. It's still part of his pursuit of knowledge that is leading him down the Relius path.

So yeah in think a time skip would be needed for Jin and tsubaki's kid to appear I would say 20 years although most of the past characters would age obviously.

Naoto since Es said she's the past and he's the future

I do not want it to be Alpha-01

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk