Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

Yeah, finally, for starters, Kyo looking more Gackt and Iori in a somewhat modified "another striker" outfit, anyways, hope to see it being more or less different than the Max Impact series.

(And of course, there may be people complain about it being PS4 only and looking more or less like Max Impact. At least I'm not though. Will see how it goes sooner or later.)

(And of course, there may be people complain about it being PS4 only. At least I'm not though.)

It was announced at Sony's conference, there could be an XBO version they haven't been allowed to mention yet. I'm not counting on it anymore though, even though the open job listings on SNKP's careers page indicated that an Xbox version was originally planned and in development at some point.

I never believed the "KOF is dead" doubters and knew that XIV was going to be revealed when the time was right. Looks pretty good with what little they've shown, but it's sad that they've had to completely abandon the tremendous amount of work put into XII and XIII's sprites. I hope that tag battles will somehow return again; XI is still my favorite of the series. I am concerned that this could be another unpolished, bare-bones "prototype" without a storyline like NeoWave and XII were, since they're moving to new hardware standards yet again.

SNK has never been good with transitions. Even most of their early Neo-Geo games ranged from mediocre to terrible, while 1989's Prehistoric Isle remains one of their best non-fighting game works, despite having been made for much weaker hardware. If XIV turns out to be another undercooked flop like XII, though, I don't think they'll be getting any more second chances this time at bringing the series back outside of pachinko and smartphones.

Note that Leona is confirmed despite not being in the trailer; a picture of her finished model was posted to SNKP's careers page.

Teaser trailer, graphics aren't final, etc.

You're kidding yourself if you think it's going to look any different at release, though. Keep in mind that this started development on PS3/360, so it's still reflective of those standards to an extent.

Hopefully they won't pull another Maximum Impact and ignore the arcade crowd. There's no better audience to test your fighting game for balance issues and programming oversights. The arcade release of XIII launched with numerous crippling bugs, which were all identified very quickly and resolved soon after.

Teaser trailer, graphics aren't final, etc.

I highly doubt the final product will look much better.

The sprites from XIII were beautiful. No way they can pull a GGXrd and somehow replicate those in 3D.

Fuk all y'all!!! I am so hyped just to have another KoF finally!!! My god, this is the best TGS in years! My heart! ; -;

Also I like the Maximum Impact series, not 4K graphics won't bother me so long as the aesthetics and desgin are good and the gameplay smooth. If you can give me a less buggy Reg A then SNK PLEASE!!!

Incredibly happy that KOF returns as a fighting game instead of fucking piece of shit cancer AIDS Pachinko , i don´t care if it´s 2D, 3D or 4D, the fact that KOF is back at what it´s supposed to be it´s enough to hype me

Hopefully they add Kula to the game too ;P

I'll save my roster predictions and hopes until we find out if its primary focus is Team or Solo play. But anyone on Team K' is pretty much a lock

I don't mind 3D.

But not this. This looks so awful.

Of this I, most unfortunately, agree. Even if you want to spin the whole "Teaser trailer =/= finished product" line, you also must understand that same trailer was what SNK deemed their "best" in order to hype up potential buyers/players. I got so excited when I saw KoFXIV announced only for my excitement to dissipate the moment I saw the 3D Kyo. Then I recalled the days of Maximum Impact and my whole body cringed.

Look, I am normally fine with 3D fighters. Tekken and Soul Calibur being my favorite of the lot. But when a franchise that has been known up to now for its 2D sprites transitions into 3D it is, most often, jarring at best. And allow me to explain why, on a personal level, this trailer does not do it for me. See, 3D graphics have thus far been pushed to so many limits, that after years of gaming most 3D games do not offer me anything visually "different" to look at. To me, 3D is the kind of thing that homogenizes any given series (and fighters especially so). And for what purpose I must ask? The sprites that were used prior in KoFXIII were absolutely stunning. They were visually unique and I'd never mistake a KoFXIII character for someone in Blazblue or Guilty Gear. But here, had I no prior knowledge of either Kyo and Iori, my first guess would've been that these guys came from Tekken, Virtua Fighter or that Killer Instinct on X1. If SNK was trying to make KoFXIV stand out from the competition, then they didn't make a good call in my opinion.

Consider also that this is on "next gen" hardware.  It is inexcusable for it to look this hideous.  But since it's KOF it will probably play very well so I'm still excited.

Some good news the graphics will evolved and the 2nd & 3rd trailers will be in 2016.

Posted by     Evil_Yagami of cyberfanatix

KOFXIV 2nd and 3rd Trailers are coming in 2016, I think they are still working very hard on the game, and it's impossible for the game to be released on January, 2016 as some gaming websites said it will be the release date.

Source:
kofxiv_trailers.png

On the other side, most of you know frionel who is in touch with SNK PLAYMORE, this years he was in TGS, and he said that the graphics will be evolved.

Source: https://twitter.com/frionel26/status/643698537268572164

Dude, i don't want to be mean, but taking Frionel's bullshit for granted is very dangerous.

The game won't evolve that much in 1 year. The development team is probably very small, and the game budget must be pretty ridiculous.

What we've seen in this trailer is most certainly what we'll have on screen, or close to.

Some good news the graphics will evolved and the 2nd & 3rd trailers will be in 2016.

Actually, that doesn't show that the trailers will come in 2016. They probably will, but, "alt" is the text that displays for people who can't load the image. It says "Coming 2016" in the image, so the alt text contains that too.

In other words, it means nothing.

You all make me sad . . .

Also, "the game can't improve that much in a year" you clearly underestimate how much Japanese companies slave drive their employees lol and look at SFV that shit's improved a shit ton since it's initial announcement. And I still don't understand the correlation between graphics and solid gameplay, which is really all anyone should care about.

I wish we'd at least get confirmation on Solo or Team Play primary cause right now we only have Kyo, Iori, and Leona as confirmed characters

You all make me sad . . .

Also, "the game can't improve that much in a year" you clearly underestimate how much Japanese companies slave drive their employees lol and look at SFV that shit's improved a shit ton since it's initial announcement. And I still don't understand the correlation between graphics and solid gameplay, which is really all anyone should care about.

I wish we'd at least get confirmation on Solo or Team Play primary cause right now we only have Kyo, Iori, and Leona as confirmed characters

Do we even have confirmation that the Japanese are working on it?