Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

My guesses for the VA's in the Fatal Fury Team (since I'm working on something with a friend regarding a list of VA changes for KOF XIV):

Terry: Yuuichi Nakamura
Andy: Yuuki Kaji
Joe: Nobuyuki Hiyama (reprisal)

42 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Joe doesn't sound like Nobuyuki Hiyama whatsoever.

Yeah, it seems more or less KOF XIV nearly replaced all the VA's from past KOF's (XII excluded), and brought in newer VA's or soundalikes. I mean, yes, its been nearly 6 years since KOF XIII's arcade release, so yeah, within that time, I guess changes were made.

and NOW I'm going to pre-order XIV, I was waiting for this, I knew we wouldn't be outdone by XIII! But wtf the 3-disc OST sounds like it is JUST XIV music .o.

I assume it'll break down as: Disc 1 - OST/Disc 2 - AST/Disc 4 - Story OST(?).

Either way, I'm a happy SoBa

No one knows (yet) though the new public builds start rolling out to (Japanese) arcades later "today". All we can do now is wait . . .

If it helps ALL his move names are related to chess (Lelouch confirmed!)

Skewer (front throw)

Pin (back throw)

Bayonet (6A)

Brander (6B)

Pawn (236+A/C)

Knight (623+B/D)

Rook (214+A/C)

Castling (41236+B/D, after Rook)

Queen (2363214+A/C)

King (214214+B/D)

Domination (632146324+AC)

What . . . I don't even . . .

Outside of dressing dapper, Oswald and Hein couldn't be more different lolol and I'm more partial to the Sakamoto anime comparison ' x'

Tiger & Dragon is sick! Probably my second favorite song right now, but I feel like they left Yuri out of the mix lol. Still it's the perfect blend of Art of Fighting themes (I hope the AST, if an old song, is/a remix of Diet lol)

Not really feeling Tiger & Dragon as much as I'd like to. Focuses too much on Spanish guitars and synth with the oriental instruments relegated to drums. Sounds too much like Robert Garcia's leading the team.

Is it just me, or does Yuri look younger in every installment? I'm actually convinced that she has a case of reverse aging now. Seriously, a few more titles and Yuri might end up a frickin' loli, or worse, a goddamned oppai loli. :v:

5 hours ago, Leonard-Helsing said:

Is it just me, or does Yuri look younger in every installment? I'm actually convinced that she has a case of reverse aging now. Seriously, a few more titles and Yuri might end up a frickin' loli, or worse, a goddamned oppai loli. :v:

Not just Yuri either, Athena keeps looking younger and younger every game, making her older versions seem like she was a young adult by comparison.

Regarding Athena, I thought they actually aged her up a bit after XII-XIII's junior high schooler Fathena. Meanwhile with Yuri she somehow looks younger than her XIII incarnation.

On 6/2/2016 at 6:08 PM, Tsuki Garyuu said:

Not really feeling Tiger & Dragon as much as I'd like to. Focuses too much on Spanish guitars and synth with the oriental instruments relegated to drums. Sounds too much like Robert Garcia's leading the team.

That's not what spanish guitar sounds like. Also, Robert isn't spanish so I don't know why spanish guitar would sound like he is leading the team regardless. It's pretty blatantly an homage to 98's AoF theme.

Replace the slapping bassline with slapping acoustic guitar and it's a spot on borderline remake. A lot of themes in XIV are like that, Japan Team is yet another take on Esaka?, K` Theme is another driving pumping electronic song, SNK is trying to play things as safely as they can for many things.