Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

As I suspected, Luong is pretty juggle oriented, though it looks like she needs EX to be at her most effective. Gang-Il look sick lol He really does feel like the Takuma to Kim's Ryo lol (still really hoping one day we'll get Chae Lim in main canon ; -;7 )

Belief doesn't really sound anything like pass Korea themes, which isn't a bad thing, I still like it's soothing intro into the high octane main composition. Another request if for old theme AST: Wild Party or, to more fit with the OST, I think Ryo would be a nice fit too.

Side note: that '96 styled opening for XIV is sick, wish they'd do something like that for real lol

I'm not the most fond of Kim's themes save for like...two. Even though Belief deviates from past themes, it's one I can get behind as a new Korea/Kim team theme and it's one that I like quite a bit.

KOF Station vol. 1, hosts are Mitsuhiro Ichiki, and Kyo Kusanagi's new voice actor, Tomoaki Maeno.

Got to play it a littler yesterday at WNF where they had a build with half the cast. First of all aesthetically it does look as mediocre as the trailer makes it out to be. Some people are saying it looks better in person. It really doesn't.

Other than that definitely feels like KoF. Terry was sadly as shitty as ever. New characters were really cool though. Really felt like they came straight out of an air dasher.

Oh man, the Villains Team got a really cool theme and stage; Xanadu might be my favorite newcomer lol. For some reason he makes think this is what a human Dedede would be like . . . lol

That's an awesome stage. 

Oh and would I like Choi? I've been thinking of trying him out. I play Cinder in KI so I was thinking that Choi's dashing move translates well for me.

That move acts more like Wolverine's Drill Claw than Cinder's (who I would more compare to Phoenix).

But if you want to be annoying as fuk, then yes, Choi will do. Because fuk Chang and Choi.

ClJVbi-UkAQD0H8.jpg:large

ClExa1lUsAAPmJO.jpg:large

From the FG thread:

Originally Posted by vulva

couple kof tidbits that might be old news:

when a char is on wakeup there's a 9f throw invul period, this is to focus more on neutral game as the driving factor. This is also the reason that the game is less aerial based and characters like King don't have their same air specials to the extent of other games.

links still use the hold system from previous kofs and anime like blazblue.

Game is trying to be more accessible on a gameplay level, IE not as long of combos, removal of loops etc.

Supposedly (again, not 100% sure) if there are future dlc characters, they'll be free. Cosmetic DLC will still cost money but characters won't (if there even are any that are coming).

That's about it from what I've picked up here and there from talking with people at the show.

For those who didn't catch the interview with KOFXIV's producer at WNF:

On the netcode:
- He has been looking at the complaints against XIII's console netcode from day one and keeping all of them in mind
- The reception for XIII's Steam version netcode has been positive in general so they are building on top of what they learned there
- They are putting a lot of effort into making the netcode solid day 1 and are prepared to act quickly to fix any issues post launch.
- The 3v3 online party battle mode will have 12 player lobbies.

On DLC (characters, stages, music, costumes etc.):
- They aren't holding anything back for the initial release, we are getting the full game day 1.
- They haven't even started thinking about DLC yet. If they do decide to do some then we will have to wait a while since they will be creating it from scratch.

On Just Defending:
- They spent a lot of time balancing it in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the normal flow of gameplay
- In its initial implementation it had too much impact so they toned it down
- They took both offline competitive play and online play into consideration when balancing it

I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Speaking of hearing, after watching the Villains Team trailer a few more times, I realized that the main tune of Ryo (Team Korea's '95 theme) is in the song. That's so cool!

EDIT: Also, Wednesday Night Fight exhibition:

E3 Showcase with Mr. KoF and Reynald (some strong play with interesting experimentation; really excited to play Muimui since she has the best parts of Xiangfei and Kasumi while bringing in her own brand of awesome):

Finally, we get to see Mian, and she looks most interesting (a rekka character perhaps? I know the rumors said she used stances but all of her movements looked pretty fluid unless her her moves leave her in certain stances, her mask does switch around a lot but each move seems pretty uniquely associated with an attack outside of an EX attack which has her switch to multiple ones during it, but it looks like too many that would be manageable manually lol, maybe it's just visual aesthetic lol hmmm, no, there is at least once instance where it looks like she manually changes, after doing her CD attack, really wish her movelist was out lol; really like bubble trail as well) man seeing this, no one has been using Sylvie properly yet lol but can't blame them, this is all pre-release. So excited!!

Of course, their theme is really nice; grand without over doing it, truly embodies their performance art theme (wait . . . does Kukri have some sort of hidden talent lol)