Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

This broadcast is mostly aimed at new players, not really anything /new/ to be learned about the game consumer wise

Knowing the trivia behind their stage gives me a new appreciation for it, also Heart's EXs flow pretty well together! .o. She may not be the flashiest, but she seems really solid, kind of like Elisabeth.

Love Heart's move are solid enough to me. She uses a sword in wide arcs, that's flashy in its own right albeit it's not accompanied by a trail or other special effects. But I can't for the life of me like her Climax, as if it was animated with a "get this out of the way" mindset.

If anyone is up for some light reading, SNK has updated the website with individual prologues for each team.

"With this, winning KOF isn't a dream anymore!"

SHINGO!! lolol

These prologues actually ain't half bad, I hope story mode is equally as competent.

I usually don't really care about fighting game stories as much as I used to, but goddamn SNK's still got a knack for great storytelling and world-building.

Final boss looks like Inferno from Soul Calibur with two of the same demonic hands that Shun'ei uses. His name is Verse.

CpqouoEUEAETxMI.jpg

voice actors revealed
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/764024250894196737

A Friendly reminder from Yasuyuki Oda and Atlus USA...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1739707422984552&id=100008359335918&pnref=story

We have received notices from concerned fans,
  that certain distributors / retail have been
  breaking our 8/23 street date in North and Latin America.

For the sake of all our SNK / KOF fans,
  for those who have been able to purchase copies beforehand,
  please think of others before leaking spoilers regarding KOF XIV
  before 8/23. Thank you for your kind consideration and support of SNK.

Burn to Fight!

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/763956164224626688

I guess it's super hard to read "DO NOT SELL BEFORE STREET DATE" on KOFXIV shipments. If u got an early copy, plz don't spoil it for others.

1 hour ago, TekkamanArk said:

Basically everyone changed actors/actresses

Not everyone, only a few like Beni's and Geese returns however.

Spoiler

The theme of final boss Verse sounds awesome to me. It's sorta similar to Orgin of Mind, but for Verse's, his sounds very powerful and mysterious in its own right. It really does suit him.

So there's now a "Coming Soon" tab on the official website . . . Also, the web manual (really sad this wasn't physical . . . *sigh* this gen :\) has some tidbits I found interesting:

- Story Mode: "Clear the game with a specific team to see that team's unique ending. And if you clear the game with certain combinations of team members..." (I assume this just refers to special illustrations as in past games, as it is alluded to in the "Artwork" section of the Gallery: "View artwork acquired by clearing story mode with a specific combination of characters. Try figuring it out by challenging story mode with 3 characters who seem related.")

- Online: There is a tab menu that will "Open Live from PlayStation® to see KOF XIV broadcasts, video clips, and screenshots shared by other players." (this is pretty nifty in my book!)

- Rank match data: you can choose to hide your Ranked match losses, draws, and win ratio (I know some people are really self conscious about this, for better or worse, so it's interesting that it's an option)

- Gallery: OVER 400 illustrations!? (but apparently you'll get 1 for each round completed in Story, which will well exceed that limit; also you can apparently accept "fight bonus" from your Ranked match history; which apparently acts like Nintendo's Street Pass and allows you to randomly get 1 item from your opponent's gallery, assuming you don't already have it. Cool)

- Also there is a apparently "Unique Background Music" which is unlocked by "battling with a specific combination of characters". Most curious, but I swear I heard one of the leaked videos playing The New Order (Kyo, Iori, Shingo Team XI theme) in the back . . .

- Rank Skip Mode: you can toggle (1 time only) if you want to go through the rankings normally or get auto "seeded" based on your first 10 ranked matches (similar to how REVELATOR works)

- Overall it seems like SNK really examined ARC's style of netplay functions hard, but while they have nico comments, they took it a step further with sound effects (such as applause and booing; excessive playback will result in a "lockout" so others won't hear from you for a set period of time)

- In your online profile, YOU CAN CHANGE THE TEXT THAT SCROLLS IN STAGES! (fuk u consumer version Arena/Coliseum stage Q.Q)

oh my god the k' theme is so terribad.

The OST is so awful in this game, seriously. This is a real shame, hopefully we can unlock the old songs in it....

So Fuzzy Guard was NOT an intended feature and as of today SNK has confirmed they are working on a patch to fix it (no timetable).

Also apparently Falcoon did a bunch of illustrations for the artbook, which strengths my theory that he had a hand in the design (creative input) of the new characters.

And the featured extra tracks (note these are all listed as "XIV ver" so they are likely arrangements. Also they are listed as "Fateful Battle X" in descending order):

- Soy Sauce For Geese (Geese Fatal Fury Special theme)

- Micha Iya! (King Art of Fighting theme)

- Seoul Road ('96 Korea theme)

- IKARI (Ikari Warriors)

- Ice Place ('00 Kula theme)

- tachi bou ke (vocal ver)

- New Order (XI Kyo/Iori/Shingo theme)

Yeah, I'm blind = x=

Also, since they brought over Alice, I'm really surprised she didn't get Battle of Fate for a Fateful Battle track (I mean, it was pretty much labeled for this :v: )