Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

Just like with Mui Mui, SNK (re)released an old PV from Heart's last game appearance, Sky Love 2: Sky's Reunion:

Also, finally pre-order my additional (digital) copy of XIV from the PS Store, I thought the Neo Esaka theme would feature Yappari Esaka! but it's an original rendition; very solemn and kind of saddening, but really beautiful. K-K-KOF is here again ; -;7

Summer Jam X was fun but I can't wait till about a month or so out when people are more consistent and familiar with the system, so much damage left on the table . . . Also, another collection of event videos pulled from Heart's actual last game (can't believe I forgot this after playing the opening a dozen times on RoF . . .) Sky Love III:

Also for any aspiring Zarina players:

Well, now that's its officially out an all in the US (while other regions getting it on later dates). I'm having a good time with it very well, lol.

Both sides are correct. Unfortunately, that's not a good thing because it means the netcode isn't consistent. It's great when it works, and only slightly below average when it doesn't. It's nowhere near as terrible as KOF XII netcode, AKA the worst netcode to ever grace a fighting game, but it's still bad because of its inconsistency. Fortunately, unlike past titles, SNK intends to support this game for years to come, so there is hope that the netcode will be tweaked to perfection.

I preordered the Burn To Fight edition, but Gamestop didn't order my copy because I was the only one at the store who preordered it. So I had to take the base game or wait another week for what is, honestly, not that great a soundtrack.

Also, is anyone else unable to use R2 in this game? I have an input bound to it, but it doesn't read it at all. And I know the button itself works, because I went to play Overwatch after and had no problems. I couldn't use R2 in the demo either.

Well, I don't have the game yet so I can't say anything about it. I'll only be able to judge the off and on netcode once I do get it. The soundtrack has highs and lows. My favorite, for example, is the Villains theme but the K' theme is just awful...

Oh, and all of the Fateful Battle themes are GODLIKE!

After hearing the entire soundtrack, I can say without a doubt that this really is classic SNK style music. Mad props to SHA-V for returning to his home series with a bang.

While I've been liking a lot of the tracks as they first premiered, and I was pretty forgiving of them for a long time (what can I say? I'm a hell of an audiophile), hearing the whole soundtrack at least ten times has solidified how I feel about them. It's still a fine ost to me. Ain't no XIII or 2002 UM, but the new Fateful Battle arrangement have done enough to put this soundtrack up there. Just to list them, excluding Fate Battle bgm:

Spoiler

Great/Love It:

• Yappari ESAKA
  • Saxaphone Under the Moon
  • Survivors Under the Sky
  • COCO
  • Belief
  • I AM THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!
  • Follow Me
  • Independence from an Aggregate
  • Soy Sauce for Koyadofu
    • This theme has the same deal that Saiki had with all his themes. He has a boss theme and a similar, more subdued version as a character theme. It's the same for South Town (unless I'm missing something cuz I listened to all of Geese's themes).

It's Aiight/Fine and good:

• Departure from Southtown
    • Though it's my new favorite FF team theme.
  • Tachi bou ke
    • Okay, it's not up there with the favorites I compared to the first time, but it's still so good. The vocal version is kinda funny to listen to given that the vocals are...I think they're Vocaloids...that really surprised me, and kinda in a good way.
  • WA
  • Sky Blue

Needs work/Doesn't click me/Meh:

• KD-SR
    • I'm okay with it, but it feels underwhelming compared to past K team themes.
  • Tiger & Dragon
    • Same as KD-SR.
  • Magical Sky
    • It sounds more like a stage theme, sounds a bit too much like a "carnival" theme, though given two of Another World's characters are from pachinkos, that does work from a meta sense.
  • Inheritance
    • Still sounds better at 2x the speed :v
  • Venator Ballare
    • The only song that flat out doesn't click with me, and admittedly, it just doesn't have that KOF feel for me. This isn't Each Promise. And I guess full-on opera is not what I expected to see in a KOF. Still, that's not to say it's bad. Far from it; it's just one of the songs I'll be listening to the least, in-game and out.
  • Splendid Soldier
    • Meh. Just...meh.

•  

BREAKING NEWS: SNK has confirmed there is a glitch with the netcode for modes that aren't Party Mode. According to them, the Party Mode netcode is the intended netcode for the game, and they want to get the patch available early next week.

The Party Mode netcode functions very similarly to ArcSys' meme magic netcode for Xrd. Practically flawless and strives to constantly maintain a minimum 4f input delay.

There's a fun little attempt to decipher the silhouettes here. I've seen a few others too (can't find them right now) and most have the right-most silhouette as Yamazaki. Personally, I think the DLC characters are: Yamazaki, Vanesssa, Whip and Blue Mary.

Well, that was unexpected, one of the most accurate predictions using sprite poses as reference until this point pegged Shingo to be the 4th DLC character instead. Still a pleasant surprise though.