Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

"READY FOR ROUND TWO, TERRY?"

-Geese.exe

35 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

Also wtf, they gave Geese his air fireballs!? D:

Yep. Wouldn't be Geese without his Shippuken.

48 Character demo confirmed at EVO
https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/752986822515449857

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/753052929666322432
The demo is confirmed in US on July 20!

CnQIOhdUIAArjxi.jpg:large

https://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/2016/071301/

KOF XIV World Tour, featuring the 48-character build. Bosses will come in the final version!

wpt_list_en-1.jpg

Who the fuk is "Koyadofu" and why is he taking Geese's soy sauce ' x'

It is interesting that this is not the theme featured in the Nightmare trailer, so will the AST be remixed classics after all? I would be ok with this.

also, with the movelists updated to include the 48 roster, it's sounding like Alice will be the Shingo to Terry's Kyo D:

That was the most intense "Gokigenyou" I've ever heard.

And I second Hein's Sakamoto vibes: it's just too bad he's not voiced by Midorikawa.

Character profiles

Billy Kane: Billy is Geese’s right-hand man in The King of Fighters XIV. He first made his debut in Fatal Fury  and joined the cast of The King of Fighters in The King of Fighters ‘95. He uses the Bojutsu fighting style and wields a santetsukon, a three-sectional staff. He’s been by Geese’s side ever since Geese helped get him and his sister, Lilly, off of the streets.

Geese Howard: Geese got his start as the boss in Fatal Fury, and has been part of The King of Fighters since The King of Fighters ‘96. His attacks use the Hakkyokuseiken style’s Aikijutsu and Kobujutsu techniques. He is a crime lord and head of the Howard Connection who built himself up after his father abandoned him and his mother as a child. He’s entering this year’s tournament to prove he’s the best and strongest fighter.

Hein: Hein is Geese’s new bodyguard. He uses a unique fighting style known as Gambit, which is inspired by the game of chess. He also has the ability to control a form of dark-red energy, which he uses in some of his attacks.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/14/king-fighters-xiv-team-south-town-trailer-shows-geese-billy-hein/#KoqolHh4XitcsocB.99

I came when I heard Geese's trailer was up.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that some motherfucker named "Koyadofu" has stolen Geese's soy sauce.

Still, the Nightmare Geese trailer has left me hopeful that there will indeed be rearrangements of the classic soundtracks we've all come to know and love.

Observations thus far from full build:

- Mian has some amazing mobility (essentially double jumps) they have this weird "fast float" feel to them.

- Mature's EX fireball is NUTZ (it's practically a moving wall; hits 3 times even if blocked, so locks you in stun; negates pretty much any other fireballs and keeps going; full screen and moves slow; rolling to avoid it seems like a good idea, but that just allows Mature to set you up for a punish; definitely worth popping MAX in neutral just to have access to)

- Alice is looking more like a Shingo ver of Rock than Terry lol ( D: )

- Kensou is pretty familiar

- Heart looks really cool cool, the way she just whips out her sword (which has some good reach)

- Meitenkun looks . . . interesting lol. Best throw in the game lol. Outside of the pillow gimmick, he actually looks like a pretty traditional Chinese martial artist. Looks like he is very anti-air oriented, with his H pillowball and ground super that makes him jump and burst in the air.

- Alice's moves look REALLY bad, even on hit she seems to be at disadvantage; gotta see how her follow ups work. Also, after years of Rising Tackles, a Diving one looks silly as shit lol. Yeah, need to find the safest moment in her followups, cause man, whiffing or getting blocked just looks . . . awful. Follow-ups at least looked fast.

- Xanadu's EX command grab eats A LOT of MAX meter, simply because it goes on for so long . . .

- Kensou with the guard points lol

- There are a lot of guard point moves in this game lol Xanadu has one with this face hitting normal

- Heart looks really cool, pretty simple and straight forward, but cool nonetheless; even without her sword special, her normals actually have a lot of range (her 2 uhhh B? is just amazing)

- Kensou looks and sounds young as fuk lol

[developing]

Geese is pretty straight forward from what I've seen thus far; then again, no one was really using him (or anyone) to any sort of competency really, hopefully we'll see that change with the exhibition tournament today.

Geese makes a throwing motion, even on counter whiff, it might be nothing but it looks very odd compared to other people who whiff catch specials (Ryo, Bandeiras) and his super counter lacks this same sort of whiffing animation.

Reppukens look really good because they're pretty fast; including the super one (which is tall as fuk) it actually makes sense to super cancel a whiffed (Double) Reppuken depending on the situation to bop the opponent (especially if you're playing a zoning war).

Shippukens knock you WAY back in the air, which can be really bad if you don't keep the opponent out, cause you are just open all day; their viability will be in how low you can TK em most likely.

214+A/C reminds me a lot of Heihachi's double palm thrust in SFxT, their EX versions even act similarly lol

People aren't really experimenting with 623+A/C much, but to be fair, I'm having trouble finding the most practical purpose of it in my head; like, at best, at the moment, I think it'd be good for taking on a bit of damage and switching sides if your back is to the corner, since it picks them up only to knock them back down.

Geese looks really strong even without the use of MAX, he's definitely a character who benefits from it more in neutral as opposed to combos, cause his neutral is already so rock solid and his combo potential doesn't seem all that high (not that he can't still do some nice damage). Meter usage (at the moment) in general seems weird, again, he doesn't really need it, and depending on if he can Advance cancel into super counter and have it hit or not (I don't think he can) will probably determine a lot.

No Deadly Rave just sucks lol.

SNK EVO panel deets:

- story takes place a few years after XIII (expect surprising events during the tournament)

- NA artbook was edited by Udon, apparently the devs think it might be higher quality than the JPN one

- Mission mode has trails for learning combos

- Gallery has artwork, movie and music to unlock

- online was heavily emphasized (told attendees not to worry!)

- as expected, AST will be remixes from older iterations, handled by original sound team (<3)

- apparently SNK and Sony share a healthy relationship from the dedicated ports of old NeoGeo titles, and the next one coming to PS4/Vita with the works is . . . MARK OF THE WOLVES (to celebrate 25 years of Fatal Fury~)

- SNK will hold a vote to see which titles should be brought over next

- XIV has gone gold in all territories and will have a demo (7 characters) on 7/19(!)

- Story mode will have UNIQUE SPECIAL INTROS (at least they're somewhere <3)

- Classic Kyo and Nightmare Geese are the only alternate costumes they have planned . . . unless fans demand more

- trying to work out details on a dedicated world tournament series between SNK, Sony, Atlus and Deep Silver

- if a opportunity for a CvS3 ever pops up, they'd be happy to do it

- demo will not be compatible with PS3 sticks, but full release will be; also, will only feature local play

- no plans for PC release at the moment

Yes it did, the B side soundtrack (it was largely XI music with a FEW exceptions; like Korea getting its '96 theme, Women's Fighting Team getting their '03--their last appearance--and DLC characters + Saiki getting remixes of their OST themes).

It's probably easier to count the number of entries that DIDN'T come with an AST option upon console release lol

2 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

- as expected, AST will be remixes from older iterations, handled by original sound team (<3)

- apparently SNK and Sony share a healthy relationship from the dedicated ports of old NeoGeo titles, and the next one coming to PS4/Vita with the works is . . . MARK OF THE WOLVES (to celebrate 25 years of Fatal Fury~)

SNK can take all of my money based on these alone.

Antonov: "GET FLEXED ON, SON!!"

It's interesting that Antonov's theme is I'm THE KING OF FIGHTERS type-2 since that stage (Antonov Super Arena) uses type-1, hmmm. Honestly, my biggest fear is that the bosses aren't properly tuned for actual play and are more just fun unlockables like in some other entries.

And the story trailer was pretty cool too, I know it's hoping for too much, but it would be nice to have a more coherent and competent narrative, because there are so many cool elements in KoF that get bogged down by #lolnoonecaresaboutfightinggamestories

Also, even though it's only 7 characters, the demo roster is pretty diverse. Glad I get to play around with Sylvie and Nelson, but I was hoping for at least one "new" character from the near finished build. C'est la vie~ 6 more weeks >.<

Wow, so on the PSBlog post about the demo, there is actually some legit useful tips for the demo characters. I kind of hope everyone gets these little tidbits cause they're actually great starting points to consider when not only picking a character but also team composition.

Hearing the demo coming a day early and not having to make a HK PSN to download makes me happy.

And of course Revelator gets Dizzy and 1.03 update today.

I think waiting another month won't be as hard as I thought.