Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

A day earlier? It had only ever been announced for 7/19 . . . and 1.03 has been out since yesterday, hence all the mass panic and hysteria lol

Anyways: KoF Station Channel XIV #2 will air 7/19 10am (JST) / 7/18 8pm (CST).

I assume they'll do like last time with the simul-subs since the announcement was in English as well.

There was gato ray (youtuber) on live who streamed thende,o but I couldn't get which store he downloaded it from... On the jp one there isn't any demo... Do you know guys where we can download it earlier? :D

5 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

A day earlier? It had only ever been announced for 7/19

No, there was an initial statement that Hong Kong would get the demo on 7/20. So, this is timezone-wise correct I suppose.

- repeat detail on demo
- pointed this out earlier but, WA (Villains Team theme) uses parts from Ryo (Team Korea's 95 theme; it is erroneously written as '94 in video)
- Meitenkun's charge Specials have 3 different stages that depend on how long you hold back before releasing
- it apparently took them longer to get Mature's face right than it did Vice; they wanted to make her more than just a "beauty", they also wanted to bring out her vicious snake like personality
- the sax in Saxophone Under the Moon was recorded live! (it was expensive!)
- Mian switches her mask after EVERY move(!) and her idle pose even switches it a few times lol
- Zarina's seiyuu improvised her accent to give her a unique flair (it is especially apparent in her win quotes)
- Team Psycho Soldier's stage is actually based on an actual locale in Shanghai that the developers visited
- apparently there's an "easter egg" in the Psycho Soldier theme that they hope people check out in the full product (note: their theme is listed as "instrumental", so if I had to guess, perhaps vocals similar to '94 theme)
- the background characters in Another World Team's stage were actually created with mo-cap! (it took a long time to do them all)
- Angel was actually the first female character made for the game and was used as the quality control standard for the other women going forward
- Alice's sound effects come from the Fatal Fury Premium (pachi-slot) game which she originates from
- as pointed out before, a lot of XIV's dev members are vets from the Fatal Fury series of games, so they put a lot of effort into those characters especially!
- 28min mark and onward is an exhibition using the 12 newest characters added since the previous 36 character build.

Expect the next special segment to air in early August.

Apparently this game is going to have input delay netocde. Let's just hope it's as good as Revelator's and SNK has found some sort of sorcery that will make the input delay accurate.

Anyway, the demo is kinda meh with only 7 characters to play. Not really digging Shun'ei, Sylvie, or Nelson. Only characters I was interested in were Mai and Iori.

Demo was ok. But some of the visuals are lacking in certain areas from what I noticed. No special shadow affects on rolling and super jumping. It looks weird without those effects to indicate those moves are being performed. Also, the announcer sounds pretty lame. Lastly, some of the animations look like they are unnaturally sped up when you use certain moves. It looks really odd/out of place (like Kyo's double jump kick special). The win poses could also be more dynamic. Just seems like it's lacking the necessarily polish to really stand out as a quality title. Overall, it's good but I'm not overly impressed.

1 hour ago, Vulcan422 said:

Apparently this game is going to have input delay netocde.

GOOD! Much better than rollback. Fightcade uses rollback, and can be a problem sometimes. SF5 uses it, and it's impossible to know where your opponent is online because they are warping hardcore.

Fightcade is random emulated games that haven't been optimized for rollback, SF5 netcode is so shit that I have a more stable experience playing a romanian friend on 300 ping than sfv on 5 bar. Good rollback is nothing like either of those, see KI, Skullgirls.

More reasons to hate losing to Sylvie.

Anyways, I finally got into the demo despite PSN glitching on me somehow. I'm actually feeling Shun'ei right now. He's a weird mix of Rock and Yuki, and I like playing both of them. No doubt he'll be getting the meta-shaft weeks after the game comes out but that happens to most of the characters I like playing anyway.

14 hours ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:

More reasons to hate losing to Sylvie.

*megaphone* "We commin' for dat butt!" -Sylvie army

A few of the tracks have been ripped. At least one element is missing in a few tracks (Saxophone Under the Moon has the saxophone at the beginning missing), but overall, they're as good as they were when I heard them in the trailers. But, and I never though I'd ever say this, but Inheritence sounds better when at double the speed...

5 minutes ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:

Inheritence sounds better when at double the speed...

B-B-But, that smooth and methodical How Can China Have 4,000 Years of History? styling Q.Q

4 minutes ago, SolxBaiken said:

B-B-But, that smooth and methodical How Can China Have 4,000 Years of History? styling Q.Q

I'm sorry! ;_; I'm just not feeling it mingles well with the whole team. It sounds like it's made a little too specific for one character, namely Tung.

Got around to playing the demo. I really like Nelson now that I got a feel of how he works. So now I have a team of Choi & Nelson so now I need a 3rd character. I hope Alice is to my liking. I like what I saw so far.

2 hours ago, Tsuki Garyuu said:

Probably my favorite Psycho Team theme.

Psycho Soldier "K.O.F Version"? Psycho Solider Remix 96? Will? PURE -at good old days-?

I mean, it's a good song, but that's some stiff competition = 3=

3 hours ago, SolxBaiken said:

Psycho Soldier "K.O.F Version"? Psycho Solider Remix 96? Will? PURE -at good old days-?

Well, Purity Soldiers was my favorite after PURE, since the former is just like the latter except better anyway. [/kappa]  And from there came Tachi Bou Ke (again, probably. Gimmie a few months).

Will is still a classic, I'll give you that.

Odd question, but what does Iori's Ya Shiori (at least I'm guessing that's how the word's supposed to be separated) translate to and does it allude to anything in the Yamata-no-Orochi legend in particular?