Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

Don't like that Banderas is a comedic character. Still, that's 2 for 2 on Team South America so fingers cross for awesome tan girl.

And guys, Mai went a whole minute without saying Andy! Character development.

Since it still hadn't been mentioned (here or much elsewhere): SNK will have a 24 character build at a special event in Japan on April 25 from 6:00~9:00 PM JST. Not only is this the most significant demo we'll be seeing yet, but they'll also be streaming footage on their official Twitch channel.

I'm looking forward to some great research material! (Maybe a better release window ; -; wait is killing me!)

CgCyUeyUYAA4koT.jpg:orig

Cf4paFfUYAM0odi.jpg:orig

Cf7lamzUUAQgnNu.jpg:origCf-ajSLWcAESg6a.jpg:origCf_vo0TUMAATBhy.jpg:orig

character profiles

http://blog.asia.playstation.com/sg-en/3308/2016/04/the-female-ninja-mai-shiranui-and-the-ninja-aficionado-banderas-confirmed-in-the-king-of-fighters-xivs-latest-reveal-trailer/

■MAI SHIRANUI

Mai is a “kunoichi” (female ninja) who masters the ancient Shiranui ninja arts, combatting enemies with her fans and great movement speed. Her battle dress and beauty have charmed millions of fighting game fans around the world over the past two decades. Discover in “KOF XIV” if Andy has finally expressed his feelings to Mai!

■BANDERAS HATTORI

Fascinated by ninjas since his childhood, his hard work and training have paid off, allowing him to acquire amazing ninjutsu / ninpo skills. Founder of the “Brazilian Ninja Arts” Dojo, Banderas unfortunately has no students at the moment. He hopes his participation in the KOF tournament will remedy this situation and bring a lot of students to his dojo.

" Fascinated by ninjas since his childhood, his hard work and training have paid off, allowing him to acquire amazing ninjutsu / ninpo skills"

SNK made Woolie's dream come true.

News drops a plenty lately...Today at the Tokyo event, it seems that a couple of things got revealed and hinted, first off, a supposed DLC character list, 1 per each on existing teams....Take it with a grain of salt, but hey, since the whole roster has been now announced...and the leaks being f'ing true, you never know.

Japan (Shingo)
Ryuuko no Ken/Art of Fighting (Takuma)
Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
South America (Brazilian MMA Fighter)
Official Invitation (Shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro, and Krizalid))
Mou Hitotsu no Sekai/Another World (Lee)
K '(Whip)
Ikari (Heidern)
Yagami (Eiji)
Mexico (Vanessa)
Kim (Jhun)
Southtown (Yamazaki)
Psycho Soldier (Bao)
Women Fighters (Kazumi)
Villain (Raiden)
China (Jin Chonrei)

Also, the game is scheduled to be released in the US on 8/23 and JP on 8/25.

Also, some extra things like the KOF XIV drink bottle for the event. And bonus stuff like Classic Kyo DLC and a Premium Art Book.

---

Trailers ahoy...also, complete site open! (along with names of the rest of the new guys.)

Random thoughts while watching the stream:

- I love the particle and effect sparks in this game.

- K' has 2 new variations Ein Trigger that look sick. His Blackout (and other characters with teleportation type specials) looks really good since he's practically invisible during movement.

- Luong's "Leg Finers" look cool, her combo routes look very juggle oriented. I'm sad the coolness of her Climax (channeling Gato) is ruined by slut factor (channelling the worst part of Hotaru).

- Tung Fu Rue looks great visually.

- Music (at the time being) is staged locked (which might not be bad since it seems like each team gets a stage)

- Climaxes look awesome across the board (though the "startup" for Sylvie's is kind of overlt long) and do A LOT of damage!

- You don't want to waste Max mode; drains really fast, especially while you're using EXs; will always vanish upon the use of a Super; do not need it to activate Climax but it does look to reduce meter requirement by a bar.

- I actually like some of these alternate colors, since like in XIII, they give the illusion of greater variety by changing clothes patterns and textures.

- CD knock back/wall stick looks soooooo GOOD!

- Slyvie looks dumb (in a goodfun way). Her "thunderdome" Super can be moved during active frames (still looks fairly punishable on block) and her feet are off the ground during her run (does not look like this interferes with anything; no low invulnerability)

- King of Dinosaurs is "beefier" than I expected; looks really slow while running but looks to have nice range. He's The Griffon in concept only.

- Fuk Choi.

- Both announcers are 90s cheese ("You are a beast!")

- Benimaru stole Leona's Slasher ; w;

- When people get going the game is so fast and fluid (man projectiles can travel fast)

- The ender to Kyo's EX Final Showdown Super looks sooooo satisfying!

- Nelson plays as expected of a boxer; lots of follow-ups, especially out of ducking dash.

- King of Dinosaurs has super armor on a few of his moves (no EX).

- Banderas is not a "joke" ninja, feels like if they were going to redesign Mai's gameplay, this would be the result.

- Luong's mid "Leg Finer" can be ducked (! at least Sylvie did, though she may just have small hurtbox?)

- People like to rag on new Kyo look but (as a long time fan of him) I appreciate SNK making Kyo, Kim, and Kensou look different lol

- Hope they bring back special intros/outros.

- Terry got more Engrish lol ("You're mine!" "Here's a big one!" "Good one!")

- Seems like a few people were trying out Rush (easy) combos. As in most game they don't appear to be OP (damage is kind of pathetic lol).

- It may be just because people were inexperienced but the recovery on a lot of moves look fast.

- As expected, Max mode duration is dependant on the condition (raw vs attacking) and your bar will change in length to show time; saw 3 different lengths (as big as Super bar, 3/4 Super, 1/2 Super).

- Robert stole King's Tornado Kick ! (everyone taking from everyone else lol; although this one stings more cause King is the only character not returning from the last public demo lol)

- OMFG Sylvie makes the dumbest fukk'n face on the victory screen lol.

As people are pointing out, Sylvie's face is yet another reference to Kyari Pamyu Pamyu. Not saying that it was not surprising, but it was rather reasonable to expect something like that.

And yeah, I'm officially hyped for this game now. That DLC list looks too good to be true (especially Whip, Yamazaki and Raiden), but then again, the whole game feels that way. I sure hope I can get myself a PS4 by September.

6 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

News drops a plenty lately...Today at the Tokyo event, it seems that a couple of things got revealed and hinted, first off, a supposed DLC character list, 1 per each on existing teams....Take it with a grain of salt, but hey, since the whole roster has been now announced...and the leaks being f'ing true, you never know.

Japan (Shingo)
Ryuuko no Ken/Art of Fighting (Takuma)
Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
South America (Brazilian MMA Fighter)
Official Invitation (Shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro, and Krizalid))
Mou Hitotsu no Sekai/Another World (Lee)
K '(Whip)
Ikari (Heidern)
Yagami (Eiji)
Mexico (Vanessa)
Kim (Jhun)
Southtown (Yamazaki)
Psycho Soldier (Bao)
Women Fighters (Kazumi)
Villain (Raiden)
China (Jin Chonrei)

>No Oswald
T_T

Anyway, any guesses who this Lee is supposed to be? Considering that he's on the Another World team, which is the designated distant SNK crossover team, I'm guessing Lee Rekka. Then again, Eiji being on Iori's team makes this kinda suspect seeing as, you know, he kinda hates him.

43 minutes ago, SoWL said:

And yeah, I'm officially hyped for this game now. That DLC list looks too good to be true (especially Whip, Yamazaki and Raiden)

You fair weather hypers! In SNK I eternally trust! ( ; -;)7

Honestly, that DLC list looks more realistic the base roster IMO lol. Whip is EXTREMELY popular internally and with fans ( SNK tries to always include her; like most Team K' members . . .)  Plus, potentially having all 5 Ikari characters in a single entry (that's not a dream match!). Yamazaki and Raiden are also quite popular (probably the most popular Fatal Fury villains next to Geese . . . and Mr. Big #kappa. Hell this DLC list would bring back the fan voted '97 Special Team!)

While I welcome new additions, I hope a good chunk of the roster remains viable, especially with all the new characters (why the fuk do we need Angel if we're getting the superior Mary?). Also, more costumes please~

Also, don't count on seeing Ash saga characters again. Ever. (Malin ; -; )

XIV is a good looking game. Great? No. But is has solid, consistent rendering with smooth and fluid animations and some really nice SFX (the way the wind tears as projectiles fly, the heat waves and smoke from flames, even the motion blur from quick attacks sell the impact to such a great degree). The models are solid and detailed, not to mention the aesthetic in this entry is just so clean!

Personally I don't care for photorealistic graphics because we're still at a point where they look "bad" by comparison the following year. If anything I wish SNK went with an even more stylized (dare I say cell shaded?) engine.

You can't even compare this to the likes of the Maximum Impact series or Samurai Shodown Sen (both truly ugly games) but at the end of the day, I could truly care less about the graphics, so long as the gameplay held up; and XIV looks really polished.

Shun'ei?

Oh the Chuunibyou looking dude.  I thought it was said that he was the protagonist of this arc.

I hope most of the older characters don't take him seriously in the story mode.