Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tofu_bones

[CT] Arakune vs. Hakumen

which one is yukikaze? I'm not sure off the top of my head? Also any comments on any of the stuff I listed off?

It's the move that really hurts your pride and most people waste Rapid Cancels on. ;)

I'd have to say most of what you said is right except Overhead Cloud...it's too high to be dispelled unless you dispell it early with j2C or jD.

Haku can either sword swing or use D moves to null anything that's a projectile, but more than that, he can Null AND Grab so staying away from him might not be a bad idea...but Haku thrives on predictability and patterns. He'll being doing his best to read you like a book. I've punished air and ground Arakune strings if they come near me, and since most Arakune's don't like dealing with pressure (especially Haku pressure), they tend to fall back into old habits.

Even cursed, if you have bug patterns, Haku will try to read them, he can use stuff like 2C to deal with your D Bug if timed right, and if you didn't know Haku's sword guard moves don't do a thing to Guard Libra.

j.2C can handle Bell Bug, and since IAD is Haku's thing, you won't be able to just plain escape. Your best bet is to hope for jumping crossups and shield cloud, while working on 2D spit games, but even that's predictable and not guaranteed.

Haku's 5D can null both hits of 2D spit if he times it right. His 2B, 5B, and jB have fuzzy guard so if he throws that out instead of jC or j2C you might need to rethink what he's going to do.

If you do get a successful Overhead Cloud though, you actually might want to use that in your favor since you can pretty much guess he's not going to jump into that. But he will use his rush moves on you or just plain hop after you and hop moves can hide instant Overhead if you're not careful.

Well, it's not safe to use 2C to dispell the cloud overhead, so most Hakus won't use it unless they can get it to hit Arakune too. Side comment: I vote for the title of this thread to be called "Fly-swatting practice". :3

well like I said, it's unsafe to just randomely do it, you gotta wait for arakune to do something, few if any arakune's will just sit there and wait for a 2C(and if thye do you can free IAD at them). But if they try and throw out a bell bug or spit you've got free reign to punish the move or kill the cloud.

Well, it's not safe to use 2C to dispell the cloud overhead, so most Hakus won't use it unless they can get it to hit Arakune too.

I always thought that if Ara hung out at the right ranges without throwing shit out like a goofball, it made the vast majority of cloud destruction attempts unsafe.

most/no arakune's will just sit there and wait for a 2C

Most/No?

Make up your mind!

:psyduck:

Most/No?

Make up your mind!

shh, you saw NOTHING!

I always thought that if Ara hung out at the right ranges without throwing shit out like a goofball, it made the vast majority of cloud destruction attempts unsafe.

there are lots of semi safe ways for hakumen to get rid of the clouds(most of which I listed, and why they are hard to punish), if arakune is literally doing nothing you can punish 2C's, but since the start up of j.d is so slow if you do basically anything he can get a free 2C off. The cloud that floats above his head is the hardest for him to safely kill(since he basically has to 2C), but it also affects him the least.