Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaRealZil

Azrael vs Tager

Any tips on using Tager vs. Az?  I'm new to the game, but had a tough time with him.  Then again, I haven't even fought half of the cast in vs. yet.  I'll search on YouTube on the meantime.  Wasn't sure what to do at the Japanese site or w/frame data. (Thanks for the link, though).  I'd like to rad up on other matchups, but am not sure if any have posts when using the directory.

Wasn't sure what to do at the Japanese site or w/frame data

The video database (Japanese site) is a place where matchup videos are kept. Translating it to English makes thing a lot easier to navigate. In terms of using it, basically if you click on Tager's portrait, translate the next page, and find the name of the opponent. It will then take you to a page with a list of all videos that database has where that matchup is happening. 

Any tips on using Tager vs. Az?

One of my training partners is a Tager main so I have a bit of experience with this matchup. Overall this matchup can be quite a pain for Azrael since he has to respect Tager more then other members of the cast since if he doesn't he can get 360/720'd for not doing so. A few notes on Tager is that his hurtbox on his A Buster has about 8 frames on invul time so if Azrael isn't respecting you an A Buster nets you damage and magnetism thanks to the 22D (Gadget Finger) followup. During that situation though the Tager player needs to be wary of Scud Punishment (214214D) if Azrael has 50 meter. If he doesn't Az will get two free marks for the next 20 seconds. When Azrael is magnetized and close this matchup is a bit different since being magnetized doesn't allow Az to backdash on wake up as often to avoid Tager's mixup.(360, Air Buster/Atomic Collider, sweep/5B and such) If the Tager player reads said backdash and can lead to another command grab. 

Tager does need to be wary of when Spark Bolt is a 50/50 in this matchup since Az has Growler which allows him to absorb it but still get magnetized. (I'm pretty sure) Likewise, if Tager throws out Spark Bolt in neutral and the Az player reads it he can simply backdash and cause it to whiff. Going back to close range, which is where this matchup will be played for the most part. Azrael does have a couple of answers to Tager's command grabs as well. 3C, 6A, and Sentinel Dumb (214C). Some being not as safe as others. (6A) A common problem people have against Azrael is learning to block his two trickiest drive moves and block accordingly. (6D & 3D) My advice for that is hit up training mode against Azrael and record him to do both of these moves until you can notice on start up which is coming. Also, the rule on Az's drives is anything that applies a red mark/upper mark is an overhead and anything that applies a yellow mark/lower mark is a low.

I tend to ramble on when it comes to giving any advice. So, hopefully SOME bit of this was helpful in some way to someone. XD

Yeah, that info's great, thanks.  Good to get one of these filled in with some info.  I watched a bit of the matchup on YouTube using a search there, so that's taken care of.  Now to try that training you mentioned & play the game!

Edit: I can't figure out how to play back a recording in training.  I'll wait til someone responds to the post I have have in BB Questions topic & do other stuff in the meantime.