Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zephyrion22

Sin vs Millia

This is the thread to discuss about the Sin vs Millia Match-up. A quick overview will be made available once players from both sides give sufficient info

Sin vs Millia

-Round start

-Sin's 5K beats dash f.S, 5H and forces her sweep to whiff

- because of this Millia should take advantage of her air mobility or bachdash right from the start. Digitalis is a very risky but possible answer

-Neutral

Sin's efficient moves against Millia and Millia possible answers

What tools you shouldn't use, or use sparingly against her

Millia's efficient moves against Sin and Sin's possible answers

What tool you shouldn't use or use sparingly against her

-Offense/Defense

discuss what works or doesn"t work for Sin against Millia when  pressuring or on wake-up, and Millia's defensive options that are useful or risky in this Match-up

discuss what works or doesn't work for Millia against Sin when pressuring or on wake-up, and Sin's  defensive options options that are useful or risky in this Match-up

For some reason A lot, not all, milia players feel like they need that pin. When they throw it out and you can block, its like they are magnetically pulled to it. Use that to your advantage and keep them away from it. I swear it feels like Milia is Golum from lord of the rings chasing after her precious. I think everyone knows her wakeup mixups are crazy but its all you have to protect against really. Her pin and he wakeup mixups. Sins DP helps but wont work most of the time. Doesnt take much for milia to stay out of range of it and still mix you up. It just comes down to reading your opponent and blocking correctly.  

I guess many people can agree, this MU is a really tough one for Sin. Here are clues that might help Sin deal with it, and give the Millia players some info

Neutral

the key here is to change the way you use your pokes. If whiffing a f.S/S because you mispaced it isn't usually too punishing, It is in this Match-up.  So when you choose to poke, be sure Millia is going to block. Sometimes it's better to move away or wait and assess the situation. Beak Driver is only a situational tool, and Bull bash is out of question 90% of the time. Never undersestimate Millia's whiff punishing abilities.

If Millia has Silent Force (her pin), it basically means your 6P is more or less sealed away.. Surprisingly enough, Sin has quite a few options in air-to-air, as long as he is under Millia : j.P,j.K and j.S are quite good for air chasing, while j.H is your only panic button if Millia is below you or in front of you. j214S is kinda slow, but gives you huge rewards on CH; so if you feel like it'll work, give it a go.

If Millia already used Silent Force, your 6P becomes viable again, and it makes a big difference, given the damage you can get of it. If you can put her a disadvantage or punish her for trying to get it back, do so. Bear in mind that most of the better Millia players will use the pin for guaranteed hits, okizemes, or in such a way they will get it back right after they land so don't be too greedy on that.

Offense

Millia's awesome backdash,fast normals and air options make it hard to keep pressuring her for long. However, a single hit can seal the deal. So, while you keep what she can do in mind, going ham and hoping for a lucky hit is not necessarily a bad decision. Don't do it too often, or the Millia will catch up to you and put you in vortex Land

Whenever you get her in the corner, don't let her reverse the positions, even if it means backdashing to go back to neutral : if you let her cross you up, you'll regret it, dearly.

Defense

if you're blocking without being  pinned by a disc or a ball, try to be conservative most of the time : FD will very quickly put her out of  her overhead range, and make her pressure quite easy to handle, as you'll only have to mind throws and not-too-hot pressure resets. Millia is not a pressure char in the first place, so no need to DP or Blitz here.

Disc Oki is very strong, especially in the corner but it also has some mindgame to it. the disc never hits meaty, meaning you can potentially Blitz/DP/jump/backdash out of it. Thing is, Millia can cover one or several options at a time, hence the mindgame. For example, Disc > TK Bad Moon wins against blocking wrong of course, but also kills jump outs, backdashes and low Blitz. However, it loes to High Blitz and DP. Test your options and see what you can do. Mind the fact that Sin's DP has a very short range, so don't commit to it unless you've really called out something specific. Don't forget that any hit Millia gets before of after the disc will lead into the same oki again, so make quick decisions !

Secret Garden (the orb) corner oki however, is death for Sin : usually you can High Jump Blitz it, as it is never a perfect meaty. However, SIn's slow wake-up makes it hard to do consistently, or even have the 3 necessary frames to jump.out. Even if you succeed, Millia can direct the orb in such a way that it'll ram into you again atter your Blitz, forcing you into an unfavorable position. I you choose to ground block it, know that DPs dead angles or backdashes are out of question. It is technically possible to jump out of the orb depending on the pattern used at specific points, but Millia can cover those points with her normals.

Millia is also infamous for being really burst safe, and burst is an invaluable resource here, as a successful burst means you  get a chance at neutral, and maybe landing a decisive hit. If you fear for your burst, you can try to OTG burst : it'll take longer for your burst to come back since the burst will whiff most of the time, but any hit Millia atttemps to punish you will be counted as OTG, meaning that you can play the tech out mindgames and have a chance to get out.  Try to change your burst points as much as humanly possible is key here !

Final Words

One tough match-up for you. But as long as you play clean and don't panic even when cornered you have your chance. Sin suffers greatly in this MU, but he also has one of the greatest comeback potential, so as long as you're not dead, you have a shot at getting back at her. Millia's quirk is to punish mistakes very hard, so "don't get hit" is pretty much the way to go.

This and Chipp are both nightmare MU for me as Sin because of their punishes as Zeph said. Both characters can dash in after a whiffed 5S and punish before I recover so I know the pain of that all too well. I was playing a Milia player last night and realized something else, I know faust can dash right under beak driver but I learned last night that Milia can dash right under beak driver as well. The guy I was playing had the room blocked from recording otherwise I would have posted it. The timing has to be dead on because her dash doesnt seem to go low until she is already in that sprint, the first couple frames of her dash don't put her low enough. Scary thought but really I wanted to know if I was crazy or if someone else can confirm this.