Sign in to follow this  
furix

A.B.A AC Combo Thread

Well, since this was never posted on the front and I skimmed through and waited, I guess I'll post the the dbl keygrab for Johnny: 2HS, IAD, j.S, j.HS, 41236S, land, S©, JC, j.S, j.HS, j.D, 41236S, land, Keygrab, OTG Keygrab

Nice, I'll try that when I get home then edit the first post and put that. Do you guys think I should keep the first post as is? Or use those new motion smilies that were added(Unless they aren't there anymore, I haven't checked).

Timing for the IAD is most important cuz of Johnny's weight. Too early and the 1st j. HS will miss and too late will make him reach the ground before S©

Question about the IAD follow-up after 2 hits from 2HS. When exactly do you IAD? When I do it, (my IAD is not bad) the HS after S always seems to whiff. The only time I can get the IAD combo to work (j.S, j.HS) is if I super-jump instant air dash. Any help would be appreciated.

2HS, delay. It will depend on the character, and some characters are harder (Johnny, Sol) than others to get the IAD j.S, j.HS, Orbs on. If I remember right you wait for the character you're 2HSing to sail into the air before you even IAD, but I forget off the top of my head

This thread brings back memories of when Moroha was learning how to play Guilty Gear. 2HS sends them up, then down, and then the can tech. You want them to fall down to a certain height before you hit them with Slash. The height can be different for each character. If you IAD to soon after the 2HS, then they might be too high for your j.S to hit, or they may be too high for some latter part of the combo to connect.

oh shit altergenesis come to LG man, i'll show u some aba combos ^^ edit: since im here, i need a moroha ID combo against corner. Currently I use 5D fd cancel j.D into butt loop but it seems to be inconsistent depending on how close to the corner i am

Okay. Sweet, so I got ABA basics down. Just a question, after you do dash jump j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs in the corner, do you guys do anything specific to be a little closer to the character when you land? It sometimes happens that I end up too far away for Keygrab, OTG Keygrab.

If you delay certain hits, you will drop lower / closer to the opponent overall. Someone made a very good post awhile back in I believe the 101 thread regarding the timing; if you can't find it by the time I get back from Final Round I'll try to find it for you. :) As far as an ID combo, I do 5D, hold 9, 5D hits, pause for a very brief moment, 9, j.HS, land, dash in, 5S, 2S, Butt. From there I RC the Butt into dj.S, HS, D Orbs. If I don't have the tension to RC, I either do another butt rep, or just do 5P, 5S, 2S, j.D, Orbs.

Um, you can do 5D, homing jump, j.H, land, Danzai or EX Danzai, orb loop. Or just go straight into it off the j.HS but you need to time it real strong.

I find her jD impossible dust to be a lot easier. Just homing jump, then double jump right away and use jD.

So I've been way too lazy to learn a new combo and I'm still doing this JI combo, check it out: midscreen throw, 66 5S, JI, 2S, SJC, jS, JC, jS, keygrab/jD (and sometimes orbs) it's way more consistent for me than the 669 jP combo and it works on everybody I try it on with almost no alteration.

throw, run up 5s, 6p (1 or 2 depending on weight), 2s, SJC sj.K, sj.S, sj.HS, keygrab leaves less room for error if you're not 100% proficient at jump installing. and if you don't have meter for the RC then just continue the combo after butt. Use your imagination dude. another 5s, 2s, butt, [then possible 5p, 5s, 2s, jD, orbs]. or if you need to refresh moroha, land from the first butt, then 5s/2s xx keygrab, OTG keygrab

I try not to use 6P in combos. Sticking 5S in its place leads to more damage overall. Also the Dio throw combo is REALLY easy on some characters, so it's worth learning for those matchups at least. I think Anji & Pot are among them, and there are others but I forget. It's impossible on Johnny, too inconsistent to use on the Sols, and I think it's also pretty iffy on some of the lightweight characters. See you at MWC, Josh.

my execution is bad when it comes to JI'ing with A.B.A. i think i've done it all of twice but that combo does look better than the 669 one and i've seen a match vid where dio uses it. since the timing of the dash jump is weird and i'm bad at doing a JI before 2S i stick with old BnB throw combo.

Sign in to follow this