Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThatOneTrashcan

[BBCF] Observable Mu Changes

So I just played CF today now that we got our Nesica cabs running.

µ is stronger than ever, unarguably so. I would put her strength ~ CS2 Level, this is NOT A DRILL.

There is actually too much to spell out in a list, so I'm here if you guys have any questions.

how are her drones durability wise against other projectiles?

I have seen a video that it beats Izayoi's sonic sabre , which either suggests that it's a level 2 projectile or like habaya a level 1 projectile with some extra durability or a level 1 projectile with a refreshing durability (like litchi's staff). So i was wondering if it can beat : Tager's spark bolt (single hit durability level 2 projectile), Azrael's phalanx (a level 2 projectile that refreshes it's own durability )or Nu's drive swords (which are also level 2 with a single hit of durability)

Also does any of her normals have a change that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes? anything new like 6b causing a groundbounce and 6c having a faster startup?

On 3/10/2016 at 0:39 PM, bakahyl said:

how are her drones durability wise against other projectiles?

Drones are level 2 with no other special properties.

On 3/10/2016 at 0:39 PM, bakahyl said:

Also does any of her normals have a change that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes? anything new like 6b causing a groundbounce and 6c having a faster startup?

5c's extended hurtbox was removed/(changed?).

2c's CH launch no longer floats as high (Identical to Continuum Shift)

I don't think tachi is neutral on block anymore (got stuffed a lot after no IB) but would need to test it.

j.c has noticeably more untechable time on both normal and counterhit.

6c's hitbox change is significant enough to mention again. It's very clearly an additional, closer hitting, otg-capable frame tacked onto the old one. I made a reference image. The image is not an exaggeration

OD Drones have an extra hit, do more damage and have considerable hitstop on the opponent (Tsubaki OD bananas)

124124.png

46 minutes ago, C0R said:

5c's extended hurtbox was removed/(changed?).

This is great news! What about j.5C, j.2C, 2C hurtboxes? 2C head invulnerability?

I wish it was possible to see them. Why do we have hitbox images for CSE but not for CP(EX)?

What about Stein ranges and Totsuka recovery, or other properites? The CF thread said something about "stays on the screen longer", how exactly does that come into play? (Why is this discussion in CPEX thread?)

Charged Stein startup?

M-maybe you could make a list of EVERYTHING anyway. :kitty:

8 hours ago, Shinki said:

I wish it was possible to see them. Why do we have hitbox images for CSE but not for CP(EX)?

Hitbox data was easily ripped from the taito leak of CS1, the 360 disk version of CS2, and the Steam version of CSX. It's possible to rip it from the Steam version of CPEX but as I'm aware no one has done it yet.

Hitbox data usually comes following a PC release. With CPEX just shipping to PC that's the version you'll see current hitboxes ripped from.

Steins are effectively identical to previous versions, along with her normals with the exception of 5c/6c.

The totsuka change is that it bounces/tavels slower, similar to CS, leading to more total blockstun.

How is her habaya? Based on what i have seen on the videos,  it seems to have lost a few hits but it's recovery and flight arc might seem different 

On 3/12/2016 at 4:53 PM, bakahyl said:

How is her habaya? Based on what i have seen on the videos,  it seems to have lost a few hits but it's recovery and flight arc might seem different 

Ground 236a comes out much, much faster, easily 20f~ the move also travels faster until reaching it's curve arc, at which point it slows down while turning.

The loss of hits isn't noticeable, keep in mind that in previous versions the 5 hits applied themselves only 1 frame apart, thus losing 2 hits equates to losing 2~?! frames of blockstun/hitstun. When you trade this for the noticeably lower recovery, the move ends up being better overall.

Oki is usually a topic that's difficult to cover until the release of console version. It is only now with act 3 releasing yesterday that sparring mode can even be programmed to make the dummy block.

The basic concepts are the same, with the addition of everything ending in 6c knockdown instead of j.2c, leading to much better setups and the ability to super off any combo easily.

Things like meaty 2b 3c jump ]5d[ ]2d[ (mixup) are definitely still in, with the compliment of special canceling into drones using shots to cover startup.

Uncharged CT is easy to combo off in the above example, or any late stein hit adding hitstun really.

I see, thanks.

https://youtu.be/r7-7Uc6U25I?t=603

All I can say is that 6C hits leading into nothing looks stupid. She uses Ikutachi to move in and then proceeds to get pressured anyway, which suggests that Ikutachi wasn't a good idea. I always see Mu players in CF doing 6C into Ikutachi whiff; is it leftover CPEX auto-pilot, or do they actually intend to do that?

The idea is to apply pressure on your opponent as they're waking up, that Mu used 2B instead of 5C (the latter of which covers more range ensuring the opponent will not jump out) You can see the idea put to better use here.

6c tachi whiff lets you meaty them midscreen

I notated BBCF combos from a video a while ago, lost the text since, and only have these screenshots left. There's some delays here and there, didn't know about them when I wrote these down.

Corner : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/194883755868028929/222945743214739457/Screenshot_2016-04-23-07-47-18.jpg

Midscreen https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/194883755868028929/222945890841657346/Screenshot_2016-04-23-07-47-25.jpg

When we find which routes are preferable/reliable etc. we'll make a more organised post. Surprise demo caught us off guard, just wanted to post something for now.

Most of the activity these days is on the Discord, click this link to join the Mu-12 server https://t.co/FwccHxbdIG but relevant discussions and information can still be posted here on dustloop, ESPECIALLY if you don't want it to be lost in a sea of messages.