Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

younghou

Potemkin vs Chipp

Little help?

Just got murdered by a Chipp. Those moves where he appears above you, what's the best way to counter them? Air throw?

I watched some videos, and seen Consomme using trishula once, but I think that was a read more than anything.

you can read it with trishula, 2hs, air throw, heavenly etc. you can use a small os to beat that clean (doing 4+p+hs or 214214+hs+s if he teleport in your back you get a 6p or heavenly if not you get a flawless defense). anyway i am more scared of run away chipp (throwing shuriken and hit and run) than a rush down chipp who teleport in front of my face or do unsafe rekka/command grab strings. Except if i get knocked down in the corner, he vortex is too strong there.

Backward MegaFist is pretty good when Chipp runs in with ground normals and even Rekka. Mega will go over the majority of them. 

Of course Chipp will not mainly do that with meter or after a kd.

Some thoughts here:
- How would you deal with alpha blade used as a wakeup option? Outside of blocking which again is fairly safe for Chipp if he doesn't do the 2nd part without meter.
- Dealing with j2K~FDC okizeme.

Reposted from the critique thread to show woes in this matchup lol.

On 2/8/2016 at 8:40 PM, This Man said:

Little help?

Just got murdered by a Chipp. Those moves where he appears above you, what's the best way to counter them? Air throw?

I watched some videos, and seen Consomme using trishula once, but I think that was a read more than anything.

If you're talking about teleport. I suggest pratice neutral jump IB>air throw on reaction. It's the near-perfect answer for teleport