Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

younghou

Potemkin vs Ramlethal

i have to admit i don't understand how to play against her at all. the most of the issues come form the ramlethal air and  dash options. the j.p and her j.hs give me a hard time in neutral because i can't find a solid answer to force her to play in the ground (potemkin's 6p lose vs ram's j.hs and she can use the sword summon to stay high in the air and punish me for try to anti air), because of that i can't do a single 5hs or FDB (she can air dash over it), i try jumping but ram's j.p comes out faster and she can use it like a anti air to beat some of my jumping moves, also 6p me or 4p sometimes.

the swords in midscreen don't look like a issue because i can j.p or f.s out easy, i only get hit when i try to FDB recklessly and she dash and f.s/slide me
the corner still a nightmare to much okizeme options, and i can't escape but i think this is ok because she excel in that.  

in summary, i can't understand the neutral vs her, and because of that i get pushed to the  corner into the nighmare so easy. some advice?.

Important thing is you can flick the swords and get your own projectile preesure going. Heat knuckle keeps  her from jumping too much. Once she jumps less, start potbustin

When she has both swords and is far away, always be ready to flick. I dont know if you're aware but ram can use the other slower sword summon unless it's already out in the screen so you can easily get used to the timing. Once she has a sword out, I recommend using 5P or j.P to put them out of the way and start chasing after ram during their downtime.

Oh wait sorry didn't read. As for dealing with ram's j.H, you should backdash or blitz. Blocking it sucks ass because she can cancel it into that mid hitting move that has +frames.

Ideally for me, I would play safe until I get opportunities like:

1) a successful flick that will forces her to do stuff

2) IBing dauro

3) a life lead so that she is forced to do high risk crap like instant airdashing, attacking before the sword summon, 5D, etc