Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the music found in ArcSys games covered by Dustloop, that means primarily BlazBlue and Guilty Gear. Discussion on other ArcSys-related OSTs such as Hard Corps: Uprising's and Battle Fantasia's are ok, as well.

Album info for these games can be found at VGMdb

http://vgmdb.net/search?q=blazblue

http://vgmdb.net/search?q=guilty+gear

L4LBLoK.gif

DO

Discuss the music of the series'

DO NOT

Link to any direct music.

Be it Youtube, NicoNico, whatever, just don't do it. From PMs to Skype to Google, there are plenty of ways to find this stuff on your own. If a match video has a really nice listen to some song (like a vid from Jourdal's channel), that's fine to link to.

Discuss, provide, or request downloads for any of the music.

Either buy the music legitimately or be a scumbag on your own time. Failing to meet this rule will result in a no-questions-asked infraction and your post deleted. Do not direct people to PM you for links to music.

Be an asshole.

People have different opinions, it's pretty shocking, I know. You can say what you like, what you don't like, and even what you hate about the music in this thread, but if you try to tell someone that they are wrong/dumb/etc for liking what you don't or vice versa, there's gonna be a problem. You can inquire a bit about why someone likes a certain song, but be civil.

Keep this ish in mind. Go.

I couldn't hear any of Endless Despair II. Can't wait to get the OST.

I was reading the first few pages of the original thread, and I was loling at how opinions have changed over four years. Black Onslaught went from being one the more loved tracks to being considered one of the worst.

On an unrelated note, is it wrong that I prefer X's soundtrack to X2's?

Axl's theme was incredibly toned down from how it used to be, but now that I think about it they should just make March of the Wicked King his theme again.

GGX was my first Guilty Gear, so I still consider its OST to be the best of the series, and I'm not sure how much of it is because of nostalgia.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who misses how much more dynamic GGX's soundtrack was over XX's. X's "The Original", "A Solitude that Asks Nothing in Return", and "Keep Yourself Alive 2" are some of my favorite songs in the entire series. Furthermore, Feel a Fear, Burly Heart, Fuuga and a few other X versions of the main soundtrack are so much better than the XX versions, which I find ranging between meh and unbearable.

On another note, why did Isuka have to rock in every aspect except its gameplay? "Sheep Will Sleep (If You Become Fatigued)", "Drumhead Pulsation", "Home Sweet Grave", "Rift in the Clouds", "Drunkard Does Make Wise Remarks", and "Push a Bush" are some of my favorite songs in the series.

The thread title change was a 100 pages too late for me. About 100 pages ago in the BB OST thread I wanted to lament how Master of Tartarus isn't a playable BGM in P4A.

I would've felt silly posting that in a BB OST Thread though.

Agreed. Many thanks to Chaoschao for broadening the horizons of OST discussion.

Moving on, favorite Sol VS. Ky themes, from most favorite to least.

1. Keep the Flag Flying

2. The Re-Coming

3. Conclusion

4. No Mercy

5. Noontide

GGX versions definitely felt a lot better imo, especially Keep Yourself Alive and Blue Water Blue Sky. Holy Orders III always will be my favorite GG song though. Favorite GG songs would probably be:

1. Holy Orders III

2. The Re-coming

3. Get Down to Business

4. Blue Water Blue Sky

5. No Mercy

Sure while the XX OST was toned down alot I thought they were still pretty good, I mean it's nice to remixs of the songs take Holy Orders for an example I liked all versions of the song (though II will always be my favorite). I'm on the fence for CP's OST some are better than other like Roku Eiyuu but others are decent in other places.

Favorite GG songs

1) Diva (I always wondered why this song wasn't as popular as others)

2) Conclusion (GG)

3) Holy Orders II

4) That Man's Theme

5) The Re-Coming

6) Awe of She (GGX)

Holy Orders III is on a whole another level of awesome. I also like Valentine's theme.

I think my favorite GG songs are:

1. Holy Orders III

2. Awe of She

3. Keep the Flag Flying

4. Bloodstained Lineage

5. Fatal Duel.

I'm starting to think that XX is the CP of the Guilty Gear series as far as soundtrack goes.

Since the BB OST thread ended with discusstion with vocal themes, I would like to stat my opinion on them.

To be honest, I like them. In fact, I actually like GG NY or BB LA vocals. Do I think all of them are good? No. Do I think all of them are bad? No. Heck, few of them made me likes some songs I didn't care much for before (like Weak Exetutioner). So my opinion may greatly differ to all of you people, but so be it. Then again, I like Holy Orders? and Vortex Infinium over Holy Orders 2 and Pillars of the Underworld, so I might be crazy.

I'm starting to think that XX is the CP of the Guilty Gear series as far as soundtrack goes.

But CP feels "remixed". XX feels like it got some kinda nerf hammer.

Question: Sol and Ky have several Vs themes? Sorry, I've only played two GG games so I really don't know

Conclusion

No Mercy

Noontide

The Re-coming

Keep the Flag Flying(Order-Sol vs. Ky).

Yes.

GG1: Conclusion (the very best one, so far, never surpassed AT ALL :kitty: )

GGX: No Mercy:

GGXX: Noontide (most overrated one :kitty: still good though)

GGAC: Keep the Flag Flying (Ky vs OS).

GG2: The Re-Coming

They also have other 2 themes, from the korean OST, but I forgot their names lol

Question: Sol and Ky have several Vs themes? Sorry, I've only played two GG games so I really don't know

YES! Its rather ridiculous that way. We have Conclusion (Also Millia vs. Zato-One), No Mercy, Noontide, The Re-Coming, Revelations and Faith Shall Save Thee (I might have missed one, though Keep The Flag Flying doesn't count)

EDIT: DOuble Ninja'd, but I still managed to include the Korean OST ones. Also Sheep Will Sleep(If You Become Fatiqued) would count, as the theme is for Sol, Ky and I-No's stage.

Are Revelations and Faith Shall Save thee from the Korean OST? If so, why did the soundtrack change overseas?

Are Revelations and Faith Shall Save thee from the Korean OST? If so, why did the soundtrack change overseas?

Random Arcsys decision for the korean market, I think.

#R for arcades also had the N.EX.T. soundtrack in Korea.

No love for the Battle Fantasia OST so far? It's really (in comparison) whimsical in my opinion. Shoutouts to Coyori Cafe for being the best song in that game.

As for P4U, I don't much care for that game's OST. I only like two songs from that whole game, it gets kinda stale after a while lol.

Btw, since this is about ASW OST in general, is Hardcorps Uprising safe to discuss :v:?

Up up

Down down

Left right

Left right

A B / X O

LET'S ROCK

(I came when I did the Konami code out of curiosity during the loading screen)

As for P4U, I don't much care for that game's OST. I only like two songs from that whole game, it gets kinda stale after a while lol.

I was disappointed in that one too, after all of the amazing battle themes Meguro made in all of the other MegaTen games.