Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

ArcSys OST Discussion

DO NOT

Link to any direct music.

Be it Youtube, NicoNico, whatever, just don't do it. From PMs to Skype to Google, there are plenty of ways to find this stuff on your own. If a match video has a really nice listen to some song (like a vid from Jourdal's channel), that's fine to link to.

^

OST is good but I feel that is not as good as XX or even Blazblue in terms of creativity, I will wait for the commercial release to make a final judgement anyway.

Millia and Sol vs Ky are the best new themes for sure

also really like pots theme

Bedman's theme is my favourite. I would like to hear Ride on Fire without vocal. Majority of themes sounds generic, in my opinion.

Listened to the fan ost..disappointed it's more like BB .. i thought Ishwatari will keep XX style for guilty..holy order overture ver was in the album ..and you can feel how much difference between it and  Xrd songs..
I don't say it's suck..it's just I thought it will be better..

Wow, Xrd's OST has some really great tracks!

Dunno if these have been brought up much, but dat title theme and credits theme tho....So good!!

Then of course, Sol and Ky's themes are great, along with Ky's GG2 theme. Aside from those, my other favs are: MILLIA's(So great!!!), Potemkin's(Really good!), Slayer's(So smooth!), Bedman(Very good!) and Sol Vs Ky(Sick!).

Many thanks to those who made it possible for us to enjoy these tracks!

I've got to say, I REALLY like Millia's new theme.  Definitely has some "Irony of Chaste" flavor to it, but the entire song never gets stale.  From beginning to end, everything about it is just... refreshing.

Potemkin's theme is nucking futs.  Seriously, if I can't get Burly Heart II, I'll sure as hell take the new one.  It's the holy fusion of In Slave's Glory and Burly Heart.... "Heart of Glory" sounds good to me.

Slayer's theme is just ear sax omg.

Guess GGX tracks are and will always be the best songs composed by Good ol' Daisuke (In my opinion).

Most XX/GG2/BB/Xrd themes are just... fine.

Regarding Xrd i really enjoy Bedman, Zato and Slayer's theme.

Millia's theme reminds me of BB so much  :v:

I find it funny how some tracks sound nicer during gameplay when all the yelling and sounds mess up the BGM. That happened to the mirror match's theme for my case.

May's theme sounds like a matured version of Blue Water Blue Sky. 

My favorites are Assassin's Guild, Ky and Millia's. I would have enjoyed Ride the Fire if i actually understood what the lyrics are about. Sol's sounded like Daisuke put K.Y.A and Starchaser in a blender :v:

I was initially worried that new themes would sort of mess with the presentation of each character. Oh boy was I wrong. Millia still has the fast beat accompanied by spooky keyboards and ridiculous shredding, Slayer still has the jazz vibe going on, and May still has a theme that sounds like its straight out of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Millia, Holy Orders III, and Bedman are probably my favourite right now. People are complainingthat it sounds too similar to BB and I have no idea what they are talking about. This still sounds like GG through and through.

Listened to the fan ost..disappointed it's more like BB .. i thought Ishwatari will keep XX style for guilty..holy order overture ver was in the album ..and you can feel how much difference between it and  Xrd songs..

I don't say it's suck..it's just I thought it will be better..

I disagree. Feels very GG to me because it's almost all guitar. BlazBlue was all over the place with tons of keyboards and synths, and even the guitar tones weren't as metal. Some of my friends like this, and say they prefer the BB soundtrack because the GG soundtrack only has one style (though I'd disagree on that point but it's certainly more monolithic than BlazBlue), but Xrd is all metal again. However, if you'd said that the production on Xrd's tracks sounds more modern and thus more like BlazBlue, I'd agree. I really like the old-school production on GGXX's tracks, and more modern guitar tones and mixing styles aren't really my thing, but GGXrd feels way more crunchy and rumbly than BB's high-pitched sqeals.

Anyway the OST is amazing. For the upload I'm listening to I have little idea what a lot of the tracks are but it's so good. Also why is Holy Orders on there? Weird. And why do some say that the OST hints at Sin being playable down the line? I never played GG2 and don't know its soundtrack. (Also Sin showing up in Sol's cutscenes should give us more than enough clue.)

Oh, and what is Ride the Fire for?

Lastly, we should petition ArcSys to sell the OST to us Westerners. I wanted to pay them money for it. I don't care if they try to remove all the uploads so long as they'll sell me the damn thing.

Holy Orders plays when Ky is damaged and his pony tail is down, while Ride the Fire is when Sol goes into Dragon Install.

Petitions never solve anything and it's easy to export/digital buy anyways.

No.

Anyway, Xrd's soundtrack is alright for the most part, but I kinda wish Daisuske went back to the GGX style for music. Most of the tracks in Xrd are pretty forgettable aside from my personal faves(Sol vs. Ky, Ride the Fire, Slayer, Potekim). They're not terrible tracks by any means....just underwhelming.

I like this new OST very much. It's just very refreshing to finally have new music for GG. Most of the tracks are pretty good, I think there are a few duds in the mix but overall nice stuff.

Holy Orders plays when Ky is damaged and his pony tail is down, while Ride the Fire is when Sol goes into Dragon Install.

Petitions never solve anything and it's easy to export/digital buy anyways.

That sounds pretty sick! But do the themes just start playing like the Fuu Rin Ka Zan themes?

Is it fine to put a remix link ??

If it's self-made, you can put it in the Fan-made thread, but that's about it.

I've been trying to put my thoughts about the Xrd OST into words, and after trying to write down the first half, I realized that I simply have all the tracks separated into three different tiers.

Downright amazing tier: Ride the Fire, Millia, Potemkin, Slayer, I-No, Bedman

Fitting, but unremarkable: Sol vs Ky, Sol, Ky, May, Chipp, Faust, Axl, mirror match

What is going on here tier: Zato, Venom, Millia vs Zato, Assassins

To elaborate on some of them:

Faust - I'm afraid that none of his themes really click with me, which is a pity, since he's my main. The rock cover of Suspicious Cook was great, but that was pretty much a completely different character. Neither this theme nor The Original feel like they reflect Faust's character properly, they're either too heavy or too goofy. Can't a good-hearted doctor get something just a little bit more noble-sounding?

Zato - one would think that getting promoted from a parasite-controlled zombie into a proper human being would make your theme a bit more sophisticated, not turn it into a boss monster BGM. I mean, yeah, the theme didn't change when the character switch went the other way, and this one still has this dreadful feeling about it, but I expected something, uh, slower, maybe? Or maybe Feel a Fear is too good to be beaten by anything that wants to take its place.

Venom - the theme makes me realize that he's actually pretty shallow as a character. He's an assassin, he fights with cue and balls, and he's loyal to Zato. How exactly are you supposed to reflect that in music? There are some hints at his "Settle with elegance" motto, but they don't go any further than that, so the track doesn't feel focused on any aspect of Venom's personality.

Chipp - that intermission in the middle cracked me up for some reason, which makes sense with Chipp's more light-hearted role in the story.

Bedman - this track isn't even about the music itself, but about the structure. The main riff is nothing to write home about, but because it's repeated in so many different ways in different parts of the track, it quickly grows on you and gives you a very good image of this brand-new character.

Overall, the OST does feel a bit hit-and-miss to me, especially when compared to BB, where all the tracks are perfect illustrations of their respective characters. Though to be honest, my opinion might change from the smallest things, such as the tracks' names (those mean a lot, especially in terms of bringing the theme and the character together).